• 7(current)
Win HOW-TO start XBMC in fullscreen on secondary monitor with custom resolution
Hellooooooooooooo
pls help with the question
thanx
Can i make a shortcut for running on the second monitor
and another short cut for running on the primary monitor?
thanx
Thank you. Nice Guide. Made my Day.
hi, i wondering if there is a manipulation for windows xp?
i didnt really understood your first sentence !!!

Thanks
seba74 Wrote:hi, i wondering if there is a manipulation for windows xp?
i didnt really understood your first sentence !!!

Thanks

As far as I know, DisplaySwitch.exe (witch is a windows component) don't exist on XP. It's time to leave the stone age and move to Windows 7 Smile
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
Is there any way to get it running as fullscreen in a secondary display but still being able to use the primary display while a video is playing without the secondary display going blank. Whenever I shift focus the secondary XBMC display will go black.
soldave Wrote:Is there any way to get it running as fullscreen in a secondary display but still being able to use the primary display while a video is playing without the secondary display going blank. Whenever I shift focus the secondary XBMC display will go black.

I would like to know that as well Shocked
Do you understand?
soldave, blackkatt: enable the 'Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen' option, under the Display choice.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CrystalP Wrote:soldave, blackkatt: enable the 'Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen' option, under the Display choice.

IF it was that simple, doing so will cause nice lag! Sad
Do you understand?
SDL will dissable HW rendering thus making xbmc lagy
Hi,

I followed your instructions and i think i made it.....
But there is something strange - when i run xbmc - it actually start on a second display which is TV .The resolution on both displays is different so it's okay - for monitor is 1280x800 and for TV is 1024x768 .Everything is working alright. There is ony one thing - when i do anything on my primary display (monitor) like clicking a mouse or run anything else - xbmc on the other display minimanize ...? All i have to do is click on it to go back to full screen...

Do you have any idea what can i do about it ?

Best Regards
Tom
helicobacter Wrote:Hi,

I followed your instructions and i think i made it.....
But there is something strange - when i run xbmc - it actually start on a second display which is TV .The resolution on both displays is different so it's okay - for monitor is 1280x800 and for TV is 1024x768 .Everything is working alright. There is ony one thing - when i do anything on my primary display (monitor) like clicking a mouse or run anything else - xbmc on the other display minimanize ...? All i have to do is click on it to go back to full screen...

Do you have any idea what can i do about it ?

Best Regards
Tom

Hehehe, this thread is so old, just download a newer XBMC and you don't need this solution at all Wink
Do you understand?
Hi,

Well i have XBMC 10.1

What is wrong then ?
helicobacter Wrote:Hi,

Well i have XBMC 10.1

What is wrong then ?

What graphics card do you have?

OK, so I've tried it myself. I have a nVIDIA card. And I've set up XBMC to run on secondary monitor. When I set focus on main display (moving the mouse) XBMC does not minimize for me. All i have to do is run the mouse over to the secondary display (my tv) and use it like normal.

In nVIDIA control panel I've set the TV as secondary with custom resolution by "desktop resizing". That resolution I select in XBMC. Wola works great. Due it feels like things lag but that can be me moving some big files atm Big Grin
Do you understand?
My card is Nvidia Geforce 7300 Go

I did it Smile

it's working..... I had to check the windowed option in XBMC

I have only one more question :

I installed the newest version of nightlies and everything is working besides controls from xbmc commander for ipad

Am i able to fix it?

I woudl like to have the airplay enabled and it's working in the latest version but controls are not working...

Maybe you know any other app to control xbmc from ipad ?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO start XBMC in fullscreen on secondary monitor with custom resolution4