XBMC segfaulting at startup
I have two parallel installs of XBMC on my Ubuntu Intepid box, one from the repo and one I built from SVN Saturday. Yesterday I was able to run both versions just fine, no problems. Today, they both die horrible deaths on startup. The errors and debug logs are the same for both versions. Here's what happens when I start up:

Code:
theophile@farmer:~/.xbmc/userdata$ xbmc
++ WARN: could not retrieve file info for `image.nrg': No such file or directory
++ WARN: can't open nrg image file image.nrg for reading
++ WARN: could not retrieve file info for `image.nrg': No such file or directory
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
method return sender=:1.0 -> dest=:1.31 reply_serial=2

Here's the debug log:

http://pastebin.com/f6c4d212

What in the world is going on? Anybody see it?
did you try to build svn after a make clean?
might help.
It's happening with the version from the Ubuntu repo too. And the version from SVN worked just fine for about a day. Then both versions started doing this too.

After some fiddling, I got the "official" version from the repo to load up, but it segfaults if I go to videos and try to add a source. That error log says:

http://pastebin.com/f11407772
The "WARN:blah blah" crap in the terminal is just some pointless debug messages someone decided to leave in libcdio, so no worries there. Read the first link in my signature, especially the bit about the obtaining a stack trace, to proceed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC segfaulting at startup0