Frame Creation "Challenge"
I'm starting this thread in the hope of getting some people working on frames for Horizonz.

The idea is that a few, maybe many people, design their own frame ideas and then post them back here in this thread. Once we get enough different options I can package them back up in xpr's and do some screenshots, then everyone can vote on them and pick the best one to package up with the Horizonz IV release.

This link is to the basic frames I used in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44793. They're a good start for size and shape basis.

Frame download here: Frames

Have fun with it, no ideas rejected.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Here is one i just whipped up think it looks sleek.
Looks great guys! I like Rocky's a little more but that could be because it's a little wider. Would be amazing to switch frames inside skin settings, that would take some far more heavy work though. Thanks for posting these.

On a unrealated question, I figure I'd ask because it seems like you guys are pretty handy. While using mediastream, I choose "movies" it brings me to my movies library. Then when I'm done I press menu (on remote same as esc for keyboard) and it brings me straight to the main menu. On horizons or aeon, it loads into movie library view fine but when I push menu to exit it, I get dragged through a few extra menus. I just want to go straight to main menu (instead of title/genre/etc. folder selection then main menu)

Thanks again! Hopefully I'll have something to contribute ASAP.
strangedaze39 Wrote:Looks great guys! I like Rocky's a little more but that could be because it's a little wider. Would be amazing to switch frames inside skin settings, that would take some far more heavy work though. Thanks for posting these.

On a unrealated question, I figure I'd ask because it seems like you guys are pretty handy. While using mediastream, I choose "movies" it brings me to my movies library. Then when I'm done I press menu (on remote same as esc for keyboard) and it brings me straight to the main menu. On horizons or aeon, it loads into movie library view fine but when I push menu to exit it, I get dragged through a few extra menus. I just want to go straight to main menu (instead of title/genre/etc. folder selection then main menu)

Thanks again! Hopefully I'll have something to contribute ASAP.

You need to edit some XML files and add in ,return

edit homescroller.xml and look for this
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles)</onclick>
and add ,return before the last )

same for tv shows add ,return before the )

Also here is i think the finished version of my icons now to do all the rest.
Thanks Rocky, very much appreciated. Honestly it's such a small thing but it was a total pet peeve. So you really helped on that one. I haven't tested it yet but I'm sure it'll work if I do it correct (I'll check back as soon as I have a chance to test)

BTW your new frames are extremely good looking! I can't wait for the release. Also with that version does that icon in the lower left (believe it's the watch/unwatched icon) fit inside that frame. Or did you plan on leaving it, or turning it off?

Cheers!!
I could rap the frame round it but then it would look off in other menus as the frames are used in other places.

so am just going to leave it the now.

Update:
Finished them here are my new Frames. (Click image to download) also included are the dialogue fixes.

Note: the textures are the correct sizes its just some textures are used more than once in the skin and are not set correctly in the xml files.

Preview.
Image Image Image
Looks good Rocky. And looks like no-one else is stepping up to the plate, so we might have a winner Wink

When I'm home I'll wrap them up and see how it all looks, unless you've made an xpr already?

Cranial .. i liked your frames from the other thread .. very subtle look .. gonna test both out later

okay .. took a look at your frames .. and i like them .. but they need some tweaking i think .. they are a bit too big for episodes .. they should "hug" the image better so the background doesn't peek through
I was up for the challenge but I was aiming for something similar to Rocky so won't bother!
Do we just rename "New Frames.xpr" to "Textures.xpr" and replace the old file with it?
No you just change it to New Frames in the settings menu.

I have also been tinkering with the outer outer border ( Made it 25% transparent ) and added a slight gradient to the top and bottom of the outer border but not sure it looks nice in the skin.
Rocky5 Wrote:I could rap the frame round it but then it would look off in other menus as the frames are used in other places.

so am just going to leave it the now.

I really like these, thank you! If you do get round to fiddling with them some more, may I suggest a 'high gloss' version? As opposed to the corner gradients - the current v IV frames do the high gloss effect very well.
Doraemonn Wrote:I really like these, thank you! If you do get round to fiddling with them some more, may I suggest a 'high gloss' version? As opposed to the corner gradients - the current v IV frames do the high gloss effect very well.

How do you want the high gloss effect.
diagonal or curved across
Rocky5 Wrote:No you just change it to New Frames in the settings menu.

Where's this setting located Rocky5 ?

Cranial Wrote:Where's this setting located Rocky5 ?

press up then goto Screen then its under appearance.

Here is the diagonal version suggestions are welcome.
Image Image Image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame Creation "Challenge"0