Info Missing in Showcase Mode
Hi All,

When I hover over a movie in Showcase mode and it rotates through the movie info, I see the labels (writer,director, etc.). Unfortunately, the movie information is missing. Does anyone know how to fix this or is it a known issue? Sorry if someone already posted this but I looked and couldn't find it.

Thanks!
In my experience this works in Library mode...however it does not in File mode.

Try switching to Library mode and see if it works for you.
Yep, works in Library mode but I don't like using Library mode. Does anyone know of a fix for file mode?
It only does it in library mode not in file mode.....
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
To be honest the whole mode thing needs an overhaul.
File mode doesn't show all your info and Library mode doesn't show all your files.
hikaricore Wrote:To be honest the whole mode thing needs an overhaul.
File mode doesn't show all your info and Library mode doesn't show all your files.

I'm pretty sure that both of those behaviors are by design (although feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

File mode is pretty much just that, a directory listing of files. It shows all files in the currently selected directory. No meta data is available here.

Library mode pulls it's information from a database created within XBMC. The database is filled by the user selecting the directories they wish to access and scanning those directories into the library. This is very similar to just about any media app out there (winamp, itunes, mediaportal, etc). Only files that you have scanned into the library will be listed. The library entries will link up with the files that have been scanned and allow you to store and access the meta data along with them. This makes it very easy to consolidate media different folders and on different drives into an easy to use/access location.

I, personally, am a big fan of how easy it is to have everything "just works" with XBMC.

Oh, and as this is applies to any skin, not just Horizonz, it may be a discussion better suited to one of the general forums if you wish to continue it.
Well said mate i agree with all you just said
david81 Wrote:Oh, and as this is applies to any skin, not just Horizonz, it may be a discussion better suited to one of the general forums if you wish to continue it.

Calm down... I was trying to express my opinion to the OP.

No need to go judgmental on me about it fscks sake.
From what i read he was just makeing a point no need to go swearing at him so can we keep it clean please
I wasn't swearing in any way shape or form. Ugghh lighten up.
Well where i come from the word Fuck is swearing i just do not see the need for foul language.
And i am quite calm and chilled
paul Wrote:Well where i come from the word Fuck is swearing i just do not see the need for foul language.
And i am quite calm and chilled

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fsck

Argument over. I really had no intention of derailing this thread so thanks..
Who's arguingBig Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Info Missing in Showcase Mode0