xTV List view mod w/fanart
Okay, i've updated my XBMC to the latest build.

Here is the support info: (thanks for the directions!)
Build: r26316
Build Date: Jan 3 2010
Skin Version: xTV SAF v0.85
Current Theme: Skin default
Mode: 720p 16:9
System: XBox

I now have two 3 obvious issues... arg! (Thanks!)
1. On the System screen, i'm told i have to upgrade. I tried the latest nightly build, but got the same error. Here's my screenshot:

2. Text still overlaps all coverart (1280x720). I think the problem isn't the coverart size but that the text starts so far left into the screen. On your screen shots the text lines up perfectly under the TVshow or Movies icon. On mine it is way left of that. Screenshot:

3. I think this is a result of the "upgrade required", but as you can see from the above screenshot, where "My Videos" text should be, it now says "Use Startup Playlist" Huh odd, neh?

Again, thank you so very very much for taking the time to help me out with this!
Kavika Wrote:Okay, i've updated my XBMC to the latest build.

3. I think this is a result of the "upgrade required", but as you can see from the above screenshot, where "My Videos" text should be, it now says "Use Startup Playlist" Huh odd, neh?

Again, thank you so very very much for taking the time to help me out with this!

Kavika,

I think I know what part of your problem is: from your 3rd point "My Videos" says "Use Startup Playlist". This was a bug in an earlier version of the skin, but has since been fixed (definitely fixed in v0.85). So I am pretty sure you have updated the skin while it was still selected (and thus have parts of one version of the skin overlayed with the current version).

Solution: Create a directory in your skin directory on the XBox called "xTV SAFv0.85) and then FTP the contents of the xTV SAF directory from the zip file into this new directory. If you have a directory structure that reads : xbmc/skin/xTV SAFv0.85/xTV SAF/... ,you have got it wrong. It should be xbmc/skin/xTV SAFv0.85... You can call the skin anything you like, but if you are using the above naming scheme, it will match exactly how I was running that version (My xbox has about three versions of the skin on it at the moment with no problems). Now go into system/settings/appearance and select the new skin.

This will definitely fix the incorrect label problem and I'm pretty sure will also fix the needs to upgrade problem.

Now the problem with the overlapping text with fanart problem probably needs to be looked at, but just note that if you look closely at my screenshots you will see that the text does NOT line up with the Title icon at the top of the screen. The reason for this is that If I lined the text up with the icon the text length would be too short to show meaningful program names (at least under SD Pal), so I am loath to change the length of this. I will grab a couple of 1280x720 fanarts to check if that is what the problem is (and then see what I can do to fix the problem). Will keep you posted.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Thanks again! But, arg! LOL - I did EXACTLY as you said, but i still get the same "upgrade" message however... Huh Just to be absolutely sure, i even went so far as to change my skin to PM3HD, reboot, delete all xTV skin directories and then re-ftp over the latest 0.85 version (and then the 3 special *.xml files into the PAL directory as well).

Hmmm... Also, perhaps i'm mistaken or not made myself clear, but on the first page of this thread, your first and third posts show screen shots with the text perfectly left-aligned with the little media icon to the left of "Movies". This is what i was referring to. Perhaps i've misunderstood or something?

REGARDLESS, thank you again so much for the attention you've given me on this! Very, very cool of you! Big Grin
Well, just to clarify...this is a thread that I created, so the screenshot in the original post is mine. Are you using a PAL display? I'm wondering if the problems could be traced to that. Also, you're using a theme, so I wonder if downloading/installing that theme could have introduced some other file changes that screwed something up.
Kavika Wrote:Thanks again! But, arg! LOL - I did EXACTLY as you said, but i still get the same "upgrade" message however... Huh Just to be absolutely sure, i even went so far as to change my skin to PM3HD, reboot, delete all xTV skin directories and then re-ftp over the latest 0.85 version (and then the 3 special *.xml files into the PAL directory as well).

Hmmm... Also, perhaps i'm mistaken or not made myself clear, but on the first page of this thread, your first and third posts show screen shots with the text perfectly left-aligned with the little media icon to the left of "Movies". This is what i was referring to. Perhaps i've misunderstood or something?

REGARDLESS, thank you again so much for the attention you've given me on this! Very, very cool of you! Big Grin

Kavika,

No mate you have made yourself perfectly clear. BUT, you have overwritten the changes that I have already incorporated into the skin from about version 0.81 by copying the three .xml files over the top of version 0.85. Repeat the procedure that I previously wrote, but do NOT apply the three .xml files.

And Yes, at the start of this thread the text does line up with the icon, but again in my mod I have changed the placement for reasons that I have already mentioned. Please remember that 1. You are not running xTV anymore, it a mod of the last release of xTV (so things have changed) and 2. Things are still in a state of flux (thus the 0.xx version numbers).

Reload xTV SAF version 0.85 and get things working, and then I will tell you what needs to be changed to line up the text with the icon. Be aware though, you will need to make the change every time I release a new version, as I will not be moving the text for the main releases.

Wyrm xTV SAF
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Smile 
Thanks for the replies Wyrm and Scott!

Scott - Thanks for the clarification and your input. Yup, i'm naturally blonde, and i didn't even bother to look at the giant name next to the screenshot posting that says "Scott R"! - LOL

Wyrm - Ahhhh i see, i see! Okay, i'll dump that directory from my xbox and re-ftp over your 0.85 "as is" and take a look see at what i've got.
Re-editing .xml files is no problem for me (i'm an IT guy btw). Thanks again so much for your time. Very generous of you!

cheerz cheerz
Kavika Wrote:Thanks for the replies Wyrm and Scott!

Scott - Thanks for the clarification and your input. Yup, i'm naturally blonde, and i didn't even bother to look at the giant name next to the screenshot posting that says "Scott R"! - LOL

Wyrm - Ahhhh i see, i see! Okay, i'll dump that directory from my xbox and re-ftp over your 0.85 "as is" and take a look see at what i've got.
Re-editing .xml files is no problem for me (i'm an IT guy btw). Thanks again so much for your time. Very generous of you!

cheerz cheerz

Kavika,

Looking back on the posts about your problems, I can see we are starting to thread jack ScottR's thread. Could you please move any further discussion over to the "xTV SAF - Bugs/ToDo" thread and I will help you over there.

Wyrm

Rainbow 
Yuppers!

Scott, sorry to have hijacked your thread! 8-P

Thanks all!
No problem. I think the purpose of my thread has become somewhat defunct now, anyway, now that wyrm has incorporated the fanart logic into the listview of his modded xTV skin. I started using his skin as well, since the version of xTV that I originally used when creating my mod was out of date and had some bugs when used in conjunction with more recent XBMC builds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xTV List view mod w/fanart0