Music FanArt in Horizonz?
Question 
Hi guys,

As a very recent (and happy) user of XBMC and Horizonz I was wondering if there was any possibility to activate fanart in the music section.
I kind of remember reading somewhere that this was implemented (though recently) in XBMC and would like to know if it possible in Horizonz and if yes how.
Thanks in advance!

@+,
Sha!
Yes I would like to know aswell. more specifically I'd like to be able to choose fanart based on what artist I'm viewing. So that while for example I'm browsing Streetlight Manfiesto's Albums, there will be fanart in the backround)
This isn't hard to do at all...if X2B doesn't help you out, lemme know, and I'll add the feature for you...
Thanks for the quick reply, but yeah I'm really new here, and to XBMC in general, if you could let me know how to do this it'd be great, or by some stretch you'd do it that'd be fantastic.
Arkon11 Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, but yeah I'm really new here, and to XBMC in general, if you could let me know how to do this it'd be great, or by some stretch you'd do it that'd be fantastic.

No problem. What I mean is X2bIris is the guy who does Horizons. Why don't you send him a PM and ask about the fanart...if he doesn't get back to you in a day or to, let me know, and I'll make the changes for you. Big Grin
ok sweet. I'll definitely through him a PM, and let you know if he lends me a hand. If not I'll hit you up. Thanks for for the offer!
good idea.
Can music fanart be fetched automatically?
neurosis13 Wrote:good idea.
Can music fanart be fetched automatically?

I'm pretty sure there's no way to 'fetch' or scrape music fanart automatically at this stage.

But i could be wrong?
Arkon11 Wrote:ok sweet. I'll definitely through him a PM, and let you know if he lends me a hand. If not I'll hit you up. Thanks for for the offer!

And please let us know in this thread also.
Thanks!

@+,
Sha!
ethan_9219 Wrote:I'm pretty sure there's no way to 'fetch' or scrape music fanart automatically at this stage.

But i could be wrong?

No, you're right. It's not that there's no WAY to scrape it...there's no where to scrape it from.

However, fekker's working on a program that will take and scan a folder of fanart images, then match them to the specific artist folder. It's called MMP, formerly Movie Info Plus. Wink

And I also made a new backgrounds.xml file for Horizionz IV...it *should* work, but I can't test because this workstation has no music on it, and I'm lucky to even be able to run XBMC at all.

Anyone wanting to give it a try and let me know if it works can PM me for a copy. Once I know it works, I'll post a link here.
So, any chance we can tear you away from Serenity for a few minutes to post the xml changes you mentioned dh? Wink
Happy birthday!

Several months later, but here you go. Drop these files in ser...I mean xbmc\skin\Horizons - An Aeon Mod\720p\ and you should be good to go.

http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/serenity/do...tAddon.rar

I know it works for sure in library mode. I included the same image in all of the other music sections, although I think the only place it works *for sure* is in library. The rationale behind adding it in the other areas is in the hopes that it will be implemented in the XBMC-side of things.

And, since I'm here, I've obviously gotta make a shameless plug for my skin Serenity. If you haven't checked it out, you should do so. I designed it based on what I liked about Aeon/horizons and then tweaked the crap out of it to make it do a lot more.

Aight...I'll stop now. Enjoy.
Thanks so much for that!

@+,
Sha!
Update:

Added support to display album fanart as well. Basically, if you have a fanart.jpg in the album folder, it will be shown when browsing files from that album.

Still can't make it work while browsing the individual albums, but this is still another step forward.

Also, fanart should now work in file view.

Oh, I *should* point out that this stuff does not use the DB, however, so the music files must appear to be locally stored to XBMC...meaning that if your files are on a NAS or other computer, you need to map that drive to look like it's a part of the computer that XBMC is on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music FanArt in Horizonz?0