can't play video files from DVD...
With regards to the previous post about 'XBMC freeze', that problem seems to be unrelated: with this particular DVD even unpatched XBMC system locks up.... So, so far the patch holds Smile.
Hi, I'm using ubuntu hardy and xbmc

Quote:I've installed all possible proprietary codecs long time ago. Also, the same files play fine from hard drive. Just to point out, I do not have problem playing DVDs (ie, VS_VIDEO movies), but do have problem playing AVI files from DVD media. Once they are copied to HD, everything works

I have the same problem....and I would like resolve it.....but I don't understood how to apply the patchConfused

can somebody give me a suggestion?

....I'm very newbieSad

thanks in advance
daneel Wrote:Hi, I'm using ubuntu hardy and xbmc

I have the same problem....and I would like resolve it.....but I don't understood how to apply the patchConfused

can somebody give me a suggestion?

You can apply the patch this way:
cd /path/to/your/xbmc/source
patch -p0 < /path/to/the/patch

Quote:....I'm very newbieSad

Then you probably didn't compile your own version of XBMC yet. Applying the patch requires recompiling XBMC from source - so make yourself familiar with that first. For beginners it isn't easy and if you are a total beginner you should probably wait until the bug is fixed in XBMC.

There is a workaround for this bug, too which does not require XBMC recompilation. You can create a symbolic link to your CD-Rom drive within your Movie Folder. Let's say "/path/to/my/movies" is the path you store all your Movies in and "/media/cdrom" is your cdrom drive. Just open a console and type:

ln -s /media/cdrom /path/to/my/movies/CD-Rom

To watch a movie from DVD you do no longer watch it from CD directly, but change to your Movie-Library and select the folder "CD-Rom".

Temar
Temar Wrote:You can create a symbolic link to your CD-Rom drive within your Movie Folder.

Very clever. It's things like this that make me LOVE linux.
Quote:You can create a symbolic link to your CD-Rom drive within your Movie Folder.

great!!!

in the meantime I''ll wait the fix of the problem on the official release

thanks a lot
I tryed with the simbolic link....

it's functioning very well!!

thanks againBig GrinBig Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't play video files from DVD...1