[MOD] PM3.HD Submenus Mod
Here is a sneak preview of my new Home menu am thinking of just making my own skin but not sure.

Video
Rocky5 Wrote:Here is a sneak preview of my new Home menu am thinking of just making my own skin but not sure.

Video

Interesting concept in my opinion it would look better if the were all laid out horizontal other than that it's a nice idea i can see you have put a fair amount of thought and time into it.
I will watch this spaceBig Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Interesting concept in my opinion it would look better if the were all laid out horizontal other than that it's a nice idea i can see you have put a fair amount of thought and time into it.
I will watch this spaceBig Grin

Kind of defeats the point if it's horizontal as it's designed to be simplistic using only the Dpad or Dkeys but thank you for your suggestion.

OK here is a screen of a video in the back on xbox there will be two versions one that works on xbox fine and one for PC (Higher rez textures) though i may just code it into the xbox mode i have already coded in so if your on PC turn it off then you will get all the bells and whistles also you can use multiimages on the icons on the home screen but i recommend a Rez of 256x143 for xbox (any bigger and they will disappear if there is a video or song playing) and what ever size you want on PC.

Image Image Image Image

Update: OK just coded it into the skin so if you select Xbox mode it will use lower rez textures and if you disable it the opposite.

Update: ok been working on the menu done the submenus for it now i started on the info panels for the showcase view and came up with this think it look nice also i need to know if you can setfocus on a default button ie my center button as the default button always so if i go into setting and exit out it will be back on the center button instead of being on the last focused button.

also why doesn't the studio tag work for tv shows they have them in the nfo files.

sorry to post again in my thread but am needing some peeps to test this new home screen and views please as i am the only one lol and rather than releasing it then having to fix it i would rather it was all working correctly first time round so if any one want to give it a whirl then give me a PM will send you the link thank you.

also please note this mod is more for peeps that use a remote well the new direction select mode is as is use the remote more than the pad.

also the settings will have its own screen for this mod they are just in with the others the now also some multiimages don't have there enable buttons yet only for file view and the applications menu.
Hi

I like your skin but the audio controls in the music section has disapeared !
How to bring it back ? is it possible to have it also in the home menu ?

A last question : is it possible have the meteo panel when starting ?

Thanx for your answers

Fred
fred08 Wrote:Hi

I like your skin but the audio controls in the music section has disapeared !
How to bring it back ? is it possible to have it also in the home menu ?

A last question : is it possible have the meteo panel when starting ?

Thanx for your answers

Fred

The reason there not there is because i use a version that is older than the new ones this feature isn't present in my version though its added now Smile so it will be in the new version.

what is a meteo panel Huh
Rocky5 Wrote:The reason there not there is because i use a version that is older than the new ones this feature isn't present in my version though its added now Smile so it will be in the new version.

its cool Smile

Oh sorry it is a french word !!!!

i wanted to say Weather picture

In fact, it appears when you put the mouse cursor on the weather menu
fred08 Wrote:its cool Smile

Oh sorry it is a french word !!!!

i wanted to say Weather picture

In fact, it appears when you put the mouse cursor on the weather menu

You want weather fanart? that's easy will add this if that is what you mean or do you mean the weather info on the home screen when you highlight the weather button? that should still work also i have just ported all my work over to a new revision of PM3.HD so all is well all the new features are present + all mine just need to fix views now lol.
Rocky5 Wrote:You want weather fanart? that's easy will add this if that is what you mean or do you mean the weather info on the home screen when you highlight the weather button? that should still work also i have just ported all my work over to a new revision of PM3.HD so all is well all the new features are present + all mine just need to fix views now lol.

wow : it sounds good !!!
To be more detailled, i would like when xmbc start to see the home page and see how the weather is (just the little icon - not the 5 days when you clik).

each time i have to move my mouse on weather to see it.

You think you could put the audio control in the home page ?
oh ! would be so cool Smile

I have also some more suggestions as to have a panel as kmplayer or the new skin when the video play (play/pause,... on a horizontal panel), seek foward with trhe roll mouse,.... Wink

I'm a new user of xbmc on PC (i didnt knew his existance) but a older one on xbox (4 years)

I'm in a hurry to see your future work Smile

Fred
fred08 Wrote:To be more detailled, i would like when XBMC start to see the home page and see how the weather is (just the little icon - not the 5 days when you clik).
Fred

OK i get what you mean have the weather on the home screen permanently.

fred08 Wrote:I have also some more suggestions as to have a panel as kmplayer or the new skin when the video play (play/pause,... on a horizontal panel), seek foward with trhe roll mouse,.... Wink
Fred

Kmplayer dont think i will be doing this also there are controls in the video menus the same as the audio ones also the seek forward would be a keymap.xml entry not a skin related feature.

also about the home media controls you can press the M key to get these so there wouldn't be any point in putting them on the home screen.
[quote=Rocky5]OK i get what you mean have the weather on the home screen permanently.

permantly could be another option Wink
My first suggestion is to see just the weather icon when xbmc starts (like when you point your mouse on weather without cliking)

"Kmplayer dont think i will be doing this also there are controls in the video menus the same as the audio ones also the seek forward would be a keymap.xml entry not a skin related feature."

it difficult to speak without picture Wink

For the (mini) audio contriols, it should be nice to have it in music (as the PM3.HD) and in the home view.

For the video control, here an exemple of what i would like
http://www.xbmc.fr/wp-content/gallery/me...ecture.png

"also about the home media controls you can press the M key to get these so there wouldn't be any point in putting them on the home screen."

I use only my mouse to control XMBC. So i cant press any keys.
It is for that a mini audio control under parameters should be great for me Smile
First off, I really enjoy this mod because it's very intuitive and reduces button pressing. I do have some questions though.

I'm using the 13/04/2009 update and cannot figure out how to get the custom plugin background to work under Videos > Plugins. I've enabled it under Extras Backgrounds, but it is defaulting to whatever I have under "Videos button - Enable Custom Backgrounds" under the regular Backgrounds tab in skin settings.

Also, the Applications button under Other doesn't go to the path I specified under Extras > Applications Custom Locations. I'm trying to get it to open up Q:\plugins\programs\ but it fails to go there. I've also tried E:\Apps\XBMC\plugins\programs, but I get the same result. Instead, it goes to "xbmc media center - Programs" where it shows the Program plugins menu and Add source. I can eventually click on Program plugins and it goes to where I want it, but I was wondering why I was unable to get it to go there by pointing to its location.

I've been able to mess around with the labeling and made "Other" become "Games/Apps" and "Arcade" turn into "Xbox Games" and put in pics for everything. It's the first time I've tweaked the inside of a skin and am amazed at how customizable they are.

I've tried figuring out how to get Programs to point to where I specified under settings and get Video Plugins to read where I specified, but it's beyond my limited scope of relabeling buttons.

Which files need to be edited to get these issues to work? I've looked in Home.xml, the custom_xxx.xml's, MyVideo.xml, MyPrograms.xml and haven't found it or have overlooked it.

Thanks for this great mod!

EDIT: I found out that the custom background for Video Plugins only shows incorrectly if I have the Video File Mode hidden.
nicoli_k Wrote:First off, I really enjoy this mod because it's very intuitive and reduces button pressing. I do have some questions though.

I'm using the 13/04/2009 update and cannot figure out how to get the custom plugin background to work under Videos > Plugins. I've enabled it under Extras Backgrounds, but it is defaulting to whatever I have under "Videos button - Enable Custom Backgrounds" under the regular Backgrounds tab in skin settings.

Also, the Applications button under Other doesn't go to the path I specified under Extras > Applications Custom Locations. I'm trying to get it to open up Q:\plugins\programs\ but it fails to go there. I've also tried E:\Apps\XBMC\plugins\programs, but I get the same result. Instead, it goes to "xbmc media center - Programs" where it shows the Program plugins menu and Add source. I can eventually click on Program plugins and it goes to where I want it, but I was wondering why I was unable to get it to go there by pointing to its location.

I've been able to mess around with the labeling and made "Other" become "Games/Apps" and "Arcade" turn into "Xbox Games" and put in pics for everything. It's the first time I've tweaked the inside of a skin and am amazed at how customizable they are.

I've tried figuring out how to get Programs to point to where I specified under settings and get Video Plugins to read where I specified, but it's beyond my limited scope of relabeling buttons.

Which files need to be edited to get these issues to work? I've looked in Home.xml, the custom_xxx.xml's, MyVideo.xml, MyPrograms.xml and haven't found it or have overlooked it.

Thanks for this great mod!

EDIT: I found out that the custom background for Video Plugins only shows incorrectly if I have the Video File Mode hidden.

Thank you I will have a look though it could be because the new special thing in xbmc as I use my own build and it works 100%.

I will have a look when I get free time Xperience is taking up most of it lol.
HI really enjoying this mod. I like the way clicking videos takes you to : videos, TV shows, not set etc.

My question is how do I change the 'not set' into something different ie Music videos or documentaries etc.Confused

I have NO experience in this so sorry if its a stupid question. I did try looking at the online manual but no luckBlush

Any help will be appreciated!Nod
you need to edit custom_1112_Videomenu.xml go to line 495 or button id 4 there are two button just remove this.
Code:
<control type="button" id="4">
<description>BBC iPlayer push button</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>114</posy>
<width>26</width>
<height>26</height>
<hitrect x="-10" y="100" w="345" h="55" />
<label>[b]Not Set[/b]</label>
<font>font20</font>
<aligny>-</aligny>
<textoffsetx>50</textoffsetx>
<textoffsety>-3</textoffsety>
<onclick>ActivateWindow()</onclick>
<texturefocus>home-button.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>home-button.png</texturenofocus>
<onleft>20</onleft>
<onright>22</onright>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Custom_Plugin)</visible>
<onup>3</onup>
<ondown>5</ondown>
</control>
and then remove this line from the bottom button id 4
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(Custom_Plugin)</visible> this will make it show always.

now edit this part (in red) and change it to what your want ie Music

<onclick>ActivateWindow(24,plugin://video/$INFO[Skin.String(Custom_Plugin_folder)])</onclick>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] PM3.HD Submenus Mod1