• 12(current)
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels (Video Plugin) Addon
(2022-03-25, 03:28)yeahme49 Wrote:
(2022-03-24, 09:06)Calmaria Wrote: In the Youtube Channels, Options, Addon Options:

There is a slider for "Show add folder/channel" options.  

I disabled it (slid it left) and those icons are still there, in all views.

I installed a second Kodi on a different computer, and tested the same slider, the "add folder" "Add channel to root" do not disappear.

On another note, Id like to see a similar option to hide the "UP" option, as I plan to restrict my son to just the channels I have enabled in his Kodi.

Thank you.
Calmaria

What version of Kodi are you using? Just tested YouTube Channels 0.4.0 on Kodi 19 and when disabling 'show add folder/channel' option they disappear for me.

As for hiding the up option, are you talking about just disabling it on the page that lists the channels?

EDIT: In Kodi settings, Media Settings, General, you can disable 'Show parent folder items' and it should remove the up options.
Thank you for responding, 

Version 19.4

YT Channels 0.4.0+Matrix.1

The "Show parent folder" tip worked.  I also saw another setting there, for "Show(Add Source)" and disabled it as well.

IN YT Channels, It still shows that Add Folder, and Add channel to Root options..  

I restarted the app also.  Any further tips?

Calmaria
I think I figured out the issue, I'm assuming you just have channels added but no folders. The code checks to see if that option is disabled or if the number of folders is 0. I'll submit a pull request to change that.

For now, you could add a folder and those options should go away.
You are correct.  Adding a folder, let the desired icons be hidden.  Ill standby for the update, so I can get rid of the folder too Wink

Thank you much.
Calmaria
Any update to #152, @yeahme49  Big Grin
Never got anywhere with it, couldn't figure out an easy way to do it with what the youtube api allows
(2022-03-25, 18:16)yeahme49 Wrote: I think I figured out the issue, I'm assuming you just have channels added but no folders. The code checks to see if that option is disabled or if the number of folders is 0. I'll submit a pull request to change that.

For now, you could add a folder and those options should go away.

Thanks for this, PR merged, just waiting merge in for the main repo.
Hello,

I'm running Kodi on an Orange Pi via LibreELEC. When I switch away from Kodi to another source and turn off the TV, I'd like it to stop downloading the live YouTube video stream that I'm watching, but keep the Orange Pi running, i.e. stop when HDMI is disconnected / no output device.

Is this possible to achieve?
(2022-09-15, 08:28)sergiodev Wrote: Hello,

I'm running Kodi on an Orange Pi via LibreELEC. When I switch away from Kodi to another source and turn off the TV, I'd like it to stop downloading the live YouTube video stream that I'm watching, but keep the Orange Pi running, i.e. stop when HDMI is disconnected / no output device.

My gut feeling is no, however even if that is possible; it's not responsibility of this plugin to be able to do it. Essentially you're looking for a new KODI feature which is "pause on disconnect", AFAIK it doesn't exist currently but if you ask in the more general KODI support forums, someone might be able to point you in the right direction?
not able to add more channel with following error log 0.42 matrix 1

ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'urllib.error.HTTPError'>
                                                   Error Contents: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Jung\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.ytchannels\default.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                       ytchannels_main()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Jung\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.ytchannels\resources\lib\ytchannels.py", line 348, in ytchannels_main
                                                       results=search_channel(channel_name)
                                                     File "C:\Users\Jung\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.ytchannels\resources\lib\functions.py", line 282, in search_channel
                                                       read=read_url(req_url)
                                                     File "C:\Users\Jung\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.ytchannels\resources\lib\functions.py", line 152, in read_url
                                                       response = urllib.request.urlopen(req)
                                                     File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 222, in urlopen
                                                       return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
                                                     File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 531, in open
                                                       response = meth(req, response)
                                                     File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 640, in http_response
                                                       response = self.parent.error(
                                                     File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 569, in error
                                                       return self._call_chain(*args)
                                                     File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 502, in _call_chain
                                                       result = func(*args)
                                                     File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 649, in http_error_default
                                                       raise HTTPError(req.full_url, code, msg, hdrs, fp)
                                                   urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
never mind it's because youtube data queries per day limit
was setting up youtube channel on different machine..
are there ways to update channel without spending quota to update channels on different machines? like for youtube addon copying search.sqlite

Can I just copy youtube_channels.db file on different machine and they will create same channel without wasting quota?

Thanks in advance
(2022-11-13, 05:16)pazu1 Wrote: are there ways to update channel without spending quota to update channels on different machines? like for youtube addon copying search.sqlite

Can I just copy youtube_channels.db file on different machine and they will create same channel without wasting quota?

Thanks in advance
Yes you can copy the db file to a different machine
Yes, I figure that part out thank you Smile
(2022-09-15, 08:58)mint Wrote:
(2022-09-15, 08:28)sergiodev Wrote: Hello,

My gut feeling is no, however even if that is possible; it's not responsibility of this plugin to be able to do it. Essentially you're looking for a new KODI feature which is "pause on disconnect", AFAIK it doesn't exist currently but if you ask in the more general KODI support forums, someone might be able to point you in the right direction?
Thanks. I ended up writing a simple shell script and scheduling it to run every minute. Below is the code if anyone wants to achieve the same.

shell:

if [ $(cat /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/status 2>/dev/null) = "disconnected" ]; then
        kodi-send --action stop
fi

(keep in mind that the card0-HDMI-A-1 part can be different in your case, you might need to adjust this part)
All,
just in case this could be useful to others enjoying this addon:
i had issues with "content not available" where basically no video would load.
So borrowing from other threads for similar youtube addons i played around with the user-agent.
I modified
Code:
.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ytchannels/resources/lib/functions.py
replacing the two occurrences of user-agent:
Code:
'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0'
to
Code:
'Mozilla/5.0 (Android 13; Mobile; rv:68.0) Gecko/68.0 Firefox/112.0'

I am not sure if this is a proper fix or more like a dirty hack, but i thought it would have been helpful to others so worth sharing

thanks

M
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels (Video Plugin) Addon1