• 2(current)
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels (Video Plugin) Addon
addChannel('Food Network TV', 'FoodNetworkTV')
What line in
/plugin.video.youtube/default.py
an be edited to add channels?
I fould only "addchannel("in 2 instances in the script.
Id like to add my wife, kids, my and friends channels to this addon but can't find anywhere (googlefu) to place this code.
Please advise and cool addon, if I can get this info...
In the current stable version of XBMC (13.1) and the ~5 days old youtube channels plugin, I can't use the built-in add-function of the context menu (Add channe
Error
Script failed : Youtube Channels
Sorry, but an easier description for adding channels is quite necessary. I added the "addchannels" line after the first few lines of code in the default.py, the result was an error at startup.

This is how I got my channels: Do a channel search with the plugin. Select you favorite channel --> right click --> Add to favorites. Now you have a shortcut to you channel at least (in the default skin the 'star' on the lower left side). I hope this helps.
Hallo,

since update from 12.3 to 13.2 I can not add new channels Sad

Thats what the log says:

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: internal error in regular expression engine
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\igigi\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube.channels\default.py", line 516, in <module>
                                                addChannel(url)
                                              File "C:\Users\igigi\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube.channels\default.py", line 228, in addChannel
                                                match=re.compile('(.+?)#(.+?)#(.+?)#', re.DOTALL).findall(args)
                                            RuntimeError: internal error in regular expression engine
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Looked at the code in the default.py but dont see how could that be fixed. Hope somebody can fix that or at least give a hint how to fix it. The Youtube Channels is one I use the most.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards
Gigi
Hi,

I just adore this plugin and am devastated that it has been put on hold Sad

I still use this plugin daily, and I can add new channels manually (and have been doing so for a while now) by editing the plugins files.

However I would love to have this back up and running. I use this plugin all the time. It's one of my mostly used plugins and the best way to navigate to your YouTube shows if you are a big YouTube user.

The ability to add my shows into category's, then watch them using "play from here" is like the best in demand tv I have ever owned. It's amazing!

The plugin still kind of works, and users can add new channels themselves by editing the files and pasting in the YouTube channels, but I would love to have the ability to use this plugin again fully functional.

Will this plugin ever be updated and fixed?
Here's hoping Smile
This add on is great. Is there any chance a history feature could be added, for channels you've searched for in the past?

Also could the subscriber stats be updated?
hello cant find this addon ? have i missed something
(2015-02-10, 06:07)wobbly Wrote: hello cant find this addon ? have i missed something

Same here.
Love this addon and I cant find it anymore.
What happend
So the addon exists only because there was initially no support for channels in the other YouTube addons (at that time) and is/was now used because you do not need to sign in to YouTube - but want to use their services? I don't see the benefit. So you're looking for an "offline" version of YouTube?

I don't know this addon, but I would love to have some information about it. So this addon only shows a list of all your channels you like? If you want to watch a video you would have to navigate to one of your channels and look for new uploaded videos?
youtube channels is an addon by addonscriptorDE - i got version 2.02 and works fine

this might help with your issue

save the youtube channel, you search for as favourite - then in favourites you could add an icon to it and/or rename if necessary - also depending on what skin you are using you could then add the icon to the home screen or where ever Blush
https://github.com/AddonScriptorDE/plugi...e.channels
Can this plugin be fixed to work with the new YouTube layout or are we done for Sad

I can honestly say, that since this plugin stopped working, it's dramatically reduced the amount of time I spend on you tube (which might actually be a blessing) Wink but has decreased my enjoyment in some areas Sad

But overall, there is no question in my mind that this addon, is one of the best Addons ever created for XBMC/Kodi. Having all my channels, collected and categorised, labeled and organised into folders is an absolute life saver for me and the family.

If there is anyway this can be fixed, that would be great... I miss it that much, that I think I might look into learning how to fix it myself Smile
(2015-04-28, 08:57)bromix Wrote: So the addon exists only because there was initially no support for channels in the other YouTube addons (at that time) and is/was now used because you do not need to sign in to YouTube - but want to use their services? I don't see the benefit. So you're looking for an "offline" version of YouTube?

I don't know this addon, but I would love to have some information about it. So this addon only shows a list of all your channels you like? If you want to watch a video you would have to navigate to one of your channels and look for new uploaded videos?

It's more like this:

This addon allows you to search YouTube (without an account) for Specific YouTube channels and add them to a folder.
You can "add" a channel to any "folder" that you create/name.
You can search YouTube for specific channels.
You can browse YouTube normally, and if you come across a channel you like, you can just select "add" and then select which folder you wish to add it to (such as your gaming channel folder)

You can create lots of folders and add as many channels to a folder as you like.

For example:
In my case I do the following.
Here I have all my folders (I am presented with this as soon as I open the "my channels" section of the app)

Gaming
OldSkool
Movie Reviews
Comedy
Entertainment
Photography
Racing
Etc

Now I can select/open the folder I want and I am presented with ALL my favourite "Gaming" you tubers and channels.

Gaming
- GamerMuscle
- TeamVVV
- Etc (I have about 30 of MY favourite gaming channels)
OldSkool
Movie Reviews
Comedy
Entertainment
Photography
Etc

From here, for example, I would select "Gamer Muscle" and I could select/view all the latest videos, most viewed etc and watch all the latest videos from that YouTuber from directly within the app.

It's basically like Sky TV guide for YouTube! It's absolutely fantastic.

Every morning I would navigate to my "entertainment" folder and watch the latest videos from MY favourite you tubers such as PhillyD etc with a coffee.

At lunch I would usually check out MY "Gaming" and "Tech" channels and watch MY favourite you tubers who have gaming shows.

Then I would watch all MY favourite "Photography" channels, in MY photography folder.

And when I'm on the PC working, I would open up MY "OldSkool" folded (or any other folder you create) one listen to music.

You can literally create ANY folder and fill it full of curated YouTube channels that YOU choose, specific to that task/type/genre.

For example, recently I had an exam to sit.
So I created a channel called "SixSigma"

Then I added all the best YouTube Learning channels (that had info and CBT on SixSigma) to my new "SixSigma" folder.

This way I can jump into bed, navigate to my "SixSigma" and literally watch all the best CURATED (BY ME) tutorials and online learning/training etc regarding that particular topic, without having to deal with the rest of the shit on YouTube or create an account.

Never search YouTube again Smile
Make YouTube your bitch (without an account) Smile
It's genuinely just like having and creating you very own favourite YouTube (sky) TV guide catered entirely for you.

This was my most used app ever.
I'm not a fanboy of much, but holy potatoe! This app was absolutely genius!
I see. Is there interest of more users for this addon?
(2015-05-15, 11:40)bromix Wrote: I see. Is there interest of more users for this addon?

ho yesssss Nod
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels (Video Plugin) Addon1