Help with tv show scraping
TerranQ Wrote:I'm using Media Companion, so not sure if this will work for you (or even really why it works for me).

Try deleting the tvshow.nfo from the series folder, then rescanning. I was having the issue where none of my episodes were being added, and when I checked the media companion log, it was putting a double space in front of the show id in the tvdb xml url.

Like I said, not sure if it will help, but it may be worth a try.

I have no .nfo files in my folders. XBMC stores everything into one file.
mymovies.db
if I am correct.

but thanks for the help!
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
Yes, but if nfo files exist for the media, XBMC will scrape those instead of going to the internet and store the info in the database.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
jochenz Wrote:I have no .nfo files in my folders. XBMC stores everything into one file.
mymovies.db
if I am correct.

but thanks for the help!

Oh well, I tried. Big Grin

Good luck!
Hi I just dled XBMC. First installed jester-ext and then updated to Ikon Rev18364.

I originally had XBMC 8.1 atlantis. I copied and pasted my userdata and cache folder to the new install. The only problem I have is that theTvDB is not scraping anything. My movies scrape fine, but when I try to update TV shows it just hangs at scanning for new content. If I try to stop scanning or enter settings for theTVDb the program hangs for ever or crashes. All other tv scrapers work fine, but they don't have information on the shows I want to update. Below is the log to my debug file with multiple attempts to use thetvdb.com Thanks.

http://pastebin.com/m43d90831

Also one last quick thing. when I tried to export my library as separate files, it never gave me the option as to where to export it. Can anyone tell me where the file is exported? thanks.
Setup
Kodi v17.6
Gigabyte GA-Z85N-WIFI + Intel 4670K with onboard gfx / sound
Win 7 Prof 64bit + Denon X3100 + Benq HT1070
Please search before posting. thetvdb.com has been god awful painful slow the last few days and is causing issues with scraping. There are several threads stating this.
Yep really slow lately.
sorry to bother. Thanks for the help.
Setup
Kodi v17.6
Gigabyte GA-Z85N-WIFI + Intel 4670K with onboard gfx / sound
Win 7 Prof 64bit + Denon X3100 + Benq HT1070
Hello,

I've only had my XBMC for a few days and I'm trying to get it working in library mode.

I've followed all the instructions for naming my TV shows and when I go into library mode I can see the thumbnail for the show (Battlestar Galactica is what I've been testing with before renaming all my files) but when I go into the folder it appears to be empty in library mode.

Here is the naming convention I am using:

Root\TV Shows\Battlestar Galactica (2003)\Battlestar Galactica.sXXeXX.avi

I tried taking out the season folders... no luck.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated!
Welcome to the forums.

This is probably just another case of thetvdb.com being slow. A Debug Log on pastebin might be helpful if not.
I don't think its a slow scrapper as it's been like this for multiple days.

Where do I find this log and how do I go about posting it? :-\
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=233507&postcount=1
(or look at all the signatures of team members in this thread)

All platforms and all XBMC revisions are experiencing this... Oh and other TV scrapers work (within the limits of their status), no it can surely not be a problem at theTVDB.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE OH MIGHTY PLEASE STOP MAKING UNINFORMED GUESSES THAT GOES AGAINST THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THOSE WITH THE KNOW-HOW. IT ONLY SERVES TO CONFUSE OTHERS!

i am in constant contact with the tvdb server admin. we know what we are on about!
althekiller Wrote:Welcome to the forums.

This is probably just another case of thetvdb.com being slow. A Debug Log on pastebin might be helpful if not.

Ok here is the bug log:

http://pastebin.com/maff3a5f

Thanks for any help...
This morning I was able to update my TVShohws again using thetvdb.com...yessss.

I cleaned the library and scanned for new items. voila!

I changed nothing, because I read over at the forumof thetvdb.com that they were having problems with the load during the weekends. anyway...check ur setup and try again. It seems everything is fine now!
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
I tried what you said, I cleaned the library then I went in set content again and told it to scan for new content. It once again found only battlestar galactica, so I have the battlestar art but then I click on that and no shows are displayed... I have other shows named currently too... I really don't understand.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with tv show scraping0