• 6(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux
@mwfv
I have the same error, I reverted to 1.6.0u2 and the errors disappeared.

I have tried to trace it somewhere but to no avail. Some traces leads to the new v4l driver and trying different dists of them.

I am having another bug though, with the SVN r17664 patch:
When I try to view a channel have no access, xbmc hangs and a restart is required.
Have anyone else experienced this?
GoooF Wrote:@mwfv
I have the same error, I reverted to 1.6.0u2 and the errors disappeared.

I have tried to trace it somewhere but to no avail. Some traces leads to the new v4l driver and trying different dists of them.

I am having another bug though, with the SVN r17664 patch:
When I try to view a channel have no access, xbmc hangs and a restart is required.
Have anyone else experienced this?

Look like this:

Code:
svn co http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/linuxport/ -r 17794
cd linuxport
wget http://trac.xbmc.org/raw-attachment/ticket/5595/xbmc-svn17794-pvr.patch.gz
gunzip xbmc-svn17794-pvr.patch.gz
cd XBMC
patch -p1 < ../xbmc-svn17794-pvr.patch

Question:

what patches you have used "vdr 1.6.0"

Code:
patch -p1 < ../VDR-Extensions-Patch-67/vdr-1.6.0-2_extensions.diff
patch -p1 < ../VDR-Extensions-Patch-66/extras/vdr-1.6.0-2-ext_parentalrating-content.diff

Ist that korrekt? or others Patches?

Have you HDTV (S2)?

Kernel HuhHuhHuhHuh
freezy Wrote:6. Patch and compile XBMC
Now to the fun part.
Code:
svn co http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/linuxport/ -r 17794
cd linuxport
cd XBMC
Read README.linux and apt-get the necessary packages. Then, as usual:
Code:
./configure
make -j2
sudo checkinstall --fstrans=no --install=yes --pkgname=xbmc --pkgversion "svn17794-vdr-patched"
xbmc

if i want to upgrade from previous rev.. what should i do?? whats the command, instead of downloading the entire thing again

update: sorry, i found it:
Code:
cd linuxport
svn up -r 17794
cd XBMC

then configure and make .. right?

@freezy: i already had it patched (the older rev) and was working with it
the best thing to do is to re-apply the old patch on the old revision with the "-r" option (reverse patch), then update svn and apply the new patch.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Hello frezzy,

can you add to your How to, if XBMC is updated to a new Version of my Patch, the MyTV1.db must be deleted, it is incompatible with the previous one.

Also, add to the Make.config for VDR the following lines to enable the required parts of the VDR-Extension patch.

Code:
LIEMIKUUTIO = 1
PARENTALRATING = 1

Thanks for your good work with the HowTo.

Best regards,

Alwin
@freezy:

there is something i dont understand, the following line:
svn co http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/...linuxport/ -r 17794
this will download the files into linuxport folder, and then you go into that folder and download the patch and extract it. then you go into the /linuxport/XBMC folder and apply the patch, but when i did that, it kept saying that the patch is already applied ?!
alwinus Wrote:Hello frezzy,

can you add to your How to, if XBMC is updated to a new Version of my Patch, the MyTV1.db must be deleted, it is incompatible with the previous one.

Also, add to the Make.config for VDR the following lines to enable the required parts of the VDR-Extension patch.

Code:
LIEMIKUUTIO = 1
PARENTALRATING = 1

Thanks for your good work with the HowTo.

Best regards,

Alwin

Ups, I completely forgot about those. It's now added along with the upgrade instructions.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
megacrypto Wrote:@freezy:

there is something i dont understand, the following line:
svn co http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/...linuxport/ -r 17794
this will download the files into linuxport folder, and then you go into that folder and download the patch and extract it. then you go into the /linuxport/XBMC folder and apply the patch, but when i did that, it kept saying that the patch is already applied ?!

You sure you did a checkout and not an update? In doubt, delete the XBMC folder, do svn up -r 17794 and proceed as mentioned in step A the next time.
freezy Wrote:You sure you did a checkout and not an update? In doubt, delete the XBMC folder, do svn up -r 17794 and proceed as mentioned in step A the next time.

that what i did Smile but unfortunately i deleted the entire linuxport folder Sad
Hi,
I tried this guide and came across the following issue:
When downloading : wget http://www.zulu-entertainment.de/page/kl...ions+Patch

I get VDR-Extensions-Patch-67.tar.bz2
This version does not have the vdr-1.7.2 patches anymore.

Does anybody know where I can get VDR-Extensions-Patch-66.tar.bz2 or vdr-1.7.4_GetRecordingEvent.patch (so for vdr 1.7.4 instead of 1.7.2)
Hello hafeez,

the "vdr-1.7.2_GetRecordingEvent.patch" runs also with version 1.7.4.

I have not tested Live-TV with 1.7.4 but the patch change only one line inside vdr.
Thanks alwinus,
I tried it with vdr 1.7.4
Patched and compiled it with ../VDR-Extensions-Patch-67/vdr-1.7.4_extensions.diff & ../vdr-1.7.2_GetRecordingEvent.patch & ../VDR-Extensions-Patch-67/extras/vdr-1.6.0-2-ext_parentalrating-content.diff

But I get stuck again at the streamdev plugin.
Without the streamdev-cvs180209_xbmc-v4.patch it compiles but with the patch I get:
Code:
g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -c -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DUSE_CMDRECCMDI18N -DUSE_CMDSUBMENU -DUSE_CUTTIME -DUSE_DDEPGENTRY -DUSE_DOLBYINREC -DUSE_LIEMIKUUTIO -DUSE_PLUGINMISSING -DUSE_SETTIME -DUSE_WAREAGLEICON -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"streamdev"' -I/usr/src/s2-liplianin/linux/include -I../../../include -I. -o server/connectionVTP.o server/connectionVTP.c
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor âcLSTEHandler::cLSTEHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:157: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:162: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor âcLSTEHandler::cLSTEHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:157: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:162: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cLSTEHandler::Next(bool&)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:221: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor âcLSTCHandler::cLSTCHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:391: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:407: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor âcLSTCHandler::cLSTCHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:391: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:407: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cLSTCHandler::Next(bool&)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:435: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
server/connectionVTP.c:458: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor âcLSTTHandler::cLSTTHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:499: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:503: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:511: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor âcLSTTHandler::cLSTTHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:499: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:503: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:511: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cLSTTHandler::Next(bool&)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:531: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
server/connectionVTP.c:547: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
./server/connectionVTP.h: In constructor âcConnectionVTP::cConnectionVTP()â:
./server/connectionVTP.h:36: warning: âcConnectionVTP::m_LSTTHandlerâ will be initialized after
./server/connectionVTP.h:30: warning:   âRecPlayer* cConnectionVTP::m_RecPlayerâ
server/connectionVTP.c:555: warning:   when initialized here
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cConnectionVTP::CmdREAD(char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:854: warning: format â%uâ expects type âunsigned intâ, but argument 4 has type âlong unsigned intâ
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cConnectionVTP::CmdPLAY(char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:911: warning: format â%lluâ expects type âlong long unsigned intâ, but argument 4 has type âuint64_tâ
server/connectionVTP.c:911: warning: format â%luâ expects type âlong unsigned intâ, but argument 5 has type âuint32_tâ
server/connectionVTP.c:902: warning: unused variable ârecordingsâ
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cConnectionVTP::CmdLSTR(char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:1278: warning: format â%ldâ expects type âlong intâ, but argument 4 has type âtEventIDâ
server/connectionVTP.c:1278: warning: format â%ldâ expects type âlong intâ, but argument 6 has type âintâ
server/connectionVTP.c:1278: warning: too many arguments for format
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cConnectionVTP::CmdRENR(char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:1365: error: no matching function for call to âcRecording::Rename(char*&, int*, int*)â
../../../include/vdr/recording.h:182: note: candidates are: bool cRecording::Rename(const char*)
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cConnectionVTP::CmdFRAM(const char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:1622: warning: unused variable ârecordingâ
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cConnectionVTP::Respond(int, const char*, ...)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:1655: warning: ignoring return value of âint vasprintf(char**, const char*, __va_list_tag*)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
make[1]: *** [server/connectionVTP.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/streamdev'
Plugin svdrpdemo:
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/svdrpdemo'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/svdrpdemo'
Plugin xineliboutput:
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/xineliboutput'
Makefile:462: *********************** xineliboutput ***************************
Makefile:462: Xine plugins and frontends will not be installed automatically.
Makefile:462: To install files execute "make install" in
Makefile:462: /usr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/xineliboutput
Makefile:462: *****************************************************************
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/xineliboutput'

*** failed plugins: streamdev

Looks like it still doesn't like the patch: vdr-1.7.2_GetRecordingEvent.patch, which changes recording.h in VDR
make[1]: *** [server/connectionVTP.o] Error 1

Error confirmed with 1.7.4. OK with 1.7.2.

A quick google for the error gives a link to vdr-portal with (untested by me) possible solution dated last year.

Will try it later.

By the way, patch apply cleanly to 1.7.4 and vdr compiles. Streamdev patch also applies cleanly, but with an offset of -14 lines or something.

OTWH, xineliboutput refuses to compile with patched 1.7.4. Dunno why... investigating further.

Apart this (normal) issues, fantastic work. Happy coding.
Hi and sorry for my english!

i tried this and now i have a problem!
I can not download "VDR-Extensions-Patch-66.tar.bz2".

There is a newer version ...67 without patch for vdr 1.7.2.

can someone please upload this file?

i have a hint for the problem with libiconv: i have installed the lib an then i
used autogen with "-CFLAGS=-liconv ...." and it compiled ok.

THX!

ps: i have read (?) all posts. but i will try to use "VDR-Extensions-Patch-66.tar.bz2 "
so please upload this file.
Redneck Wrote:I found libiconv-1.12 compiled and installed it. Had the same results as above. I decided to add the --disable-iconvtest option and it seemed to finish, but check install failed.
Code:
========================= Installation results ===========================
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

****  Installation failed. Aborting package creation.

Cleaning up...OK

Bye.

vdr@ubun:~/src/xine-lib-1.2$

Hi, Is my first post.
Sorry for my bad english

I solved this problem with google search:

aply this:

sudo apt-get install gettext

and configure again

Tks for this guide
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help