• 38(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux
@dushmaniac
hi dushmaniac, as you know i would like to use vdr backend and xbmc as frontend. I used pvrtesting2 before dharma. when dharma released i switch to dharma. I tryed to use streamdev because it should support dts audio (many HD channels have it), but i had success with vnsi plugin and now with dharma and vdr 1.7.16 this solution is quite stable but don't support dts audio.

do you know if is planned dts support in vnsi ?

do you know if dharma +streamdev is stable as dharma + vnsi ?

how can i build and use correctlly streamdev with vdr 1.7.16 and xbmc ?

many, many thanks for responses
sorry, I'm not using vdr myself.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
@dushmaniac
ok, could you recommend the best way, for you, to see TV (included HD channels with DTS audio) using XBMC as frontend ?
i started to try also TVHeadend, i needed to add channels group manually for some channels and i saw also that baud max value is 45000000 but for some channels value is more than 50000000.
After i launch channel mapping and now i still waiting for end... at now XBMC say me that can't use device, probably is busy from mapping.

Thanks
Armando B.
I'm using tvheadend myself, which works nearly perfectly here.

To let it scan for channels, go to the web page http://yourserver:9981/ and go to the configuration tab. click on tv adapters there and select your adapter. click on "add dvb network by location" and provide your details.

enable the "autodetect muxes" and "idle scanning" options and fill in your NIT network id (your provider normally has that number written down in a manual).

wait until "muxes waiting for initial scan" is 0 and press "map dvb services to channels". when that finished, your backend's basic setup should be ready.

now head to xbmc, go to system -> addons -> pvr -> tvheadend. click configure and fill in your server's details. save and enable the addon.

now head to system -> pvr and enable the pvr manager.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Hello
I use VDR and i'm trying to integrate it with XBMC.
VNSI and streamdev works, but, as it was said before, it's unstable. Sometimes it simply crash (what is funny - it says I don't have sound card so it crash...)
I accidentally deleted VNSI plugin and couldn't find a way to add it other then reinstall of XBMC Wink

I use pvrinput plugin in VDR - this plugin allow to use analog TV card (card gives mpeg2 compressed stream). In VDR everything works ok - channels are available and playable. With streamdev it works too. Hovewer with VNSI plugin analog channels don't works - there is some video (not black screen or error), but looks like encrypted or badly decoded, blurred trash on the scrren.
I suspect that VDR doesn't transcode stream and send it just like analog card produce it, and XBMC can't decode it or something is missing in that stream. But with streamdev everything works ok....
@dushmaniac
Hi dushmaniac, i configured tvheadend using "Add DVB Network by location" but in Multiplexes tab there isn't DVB-S2 freq and also in Services tab no HD channels.
I tryed to add it manually but this, as sample, have symbolrate out of range:
Hotbird 8 (13.0E) - 12341.00 V - Txp: 82 - Beam: HB8 Europe DVB-S2 (8PSK) - 27500 2/3 (Sky, 53.2 Mbps) - NID:64511 - TID:8200

source is http://it.kingofsat.net/pos-13E_ita.php

Symbolrate should be 53.200.000 but range is [10.000.000 - 45.000.000]
could you help me ?
@hman:
post questions about tvheadend the tvheadend topic, not the vdr one. and I'm not using sat myself so I can't help you myself.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

I'm having some problems using the VDR Streamdev plugin on the XBMC Windows PVR builds bij margro. Each time I enable both the VDR Streamdev plugin and the 'TV' setting, XBMC crashes instantly.

XBMC debug logfile of the Dharma-PVR build can be found here: http://pastebin.com/HZ7GyfuE

Same happens when using the build from the pvr-testing2 branch. OS is Windows 7 64 bit, tested on multiple PC's. Any ideas?
If I want to run VDR on a headless server, do I need to install xine-lib or something similar?

I've just compiled it myself but I'm getting errors like:

Mar 31 14:07:41 dvr vdr: [1911] device 1 has no MPEG decoder
Mar 31 13:58:11 dvr vdr: [1148] switching to channel 1
Mar 31 13:58:15 dvr vdr: [1148] info: Channel not available!
@sfinx:
that build is outdated. you could try my builds at http://xbmc.opdenkamp.eu/ but those aren't tested with vdr. they are built from the dev tree, so more up to date.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Has anybody seen the error "video data stream broken" when trying to record anything? (unrelated to XBMC)

VDR is tuning correctly because I've verified the PAT table with dvbsnoop, but whenever I start to record after 10 seconds or so I get the above error and a 0-byte .TS file followed by an emergency exit from VDR.
I haven't seen it but have a look over at vdr-portal.de (it's in German) or ask on the IRC channel, many of them speak english.
Is xbmc-vdr ready for set top boxes? I would really like to see this running on arm and mips iptv set top boxes. I have some dev boards I can lend out if anyone wants to do the port.
I don't actually know where to post XBMC-VDR integration issues, like timers behavior etc.

I'll try to place my issue here. I am experimenting with XBMC-PVR PRE 11.0 GIT: 20111101-053e479 integrated with VDR 1.17.22 through Pipelka's XVDR addon (0.9.5). All these are running under Slackware Linux 13.37_x64 at PC equipped with Hauppauge Nexus-s DVB-S card (Philips SAA7146).

I am experience some sort of discomfort, when I set a timer from EPG. The recording is started as scheduled. However the current channel playback stops and picture stalls. I am able to switch manually to channel is being recorded (or another one belonging to same transponder). However I expect channel switch to be done automatically, before VDR initiates recording.
Question 
Hi everybody,

I was trying to get the pvr-testing2 branch to work.
I did the following steps on my gentoo box:
  • installed, configured and started VDR (with softdevice, streamdev-server)
  • checked out revision 35744 of pvr-testing2
  • run ./bootstrap && ./configure --disable-webserver --prefix=/opt/custom_xbmc && make && make install
  • start XBMC

The problem I have and which I already described here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118825 is, that there is no "System > Add-ons > Installed Add-ons" menu entry or something similar.

How or where can I activate it or how can I install the MediaPortal PVR addon/subsystem?

I'm not very familiar with the XBMC internals and a new user but I think I missed only a little think. I googled a lot but I can't find a solution or similar problems in the web :confused2:

I will appreciate any hint and help.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux14