• 5(current)
Win HOW-TO setup the original Xbox DVD remote the correct way with EventGhost
jinxdone Wrote:It's possible. The EG plugin tries to look for a device with deviceID 1118 and productID 644. I don't have a 3rd party remote myself so I'd be interested to know if they are the same.

But before we go there are you sure it's not an issue with the drivers? Do you see the devices in the device management? What OS are you using?

I also have 3rd party remote / iir (SpeedLink) and first i also got 'Error found device...' messages in EG. But then i hack the /plugins/xbcdrc/___init___.py file that way:

- i look what are vendor and product id's of mine devices
- they are both ffff (65535), so i modify lines at the bottom of the file to:

#Settings from generic hid plugin set with xbox ir defaults..
self.noOtherPort = False
self.vendorID = 65535
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
self.vendorString = 'Vendor ID 1118'
self.productID = 65535
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
self.productString = ''
self.versionNumber = 0
self.useFirstDevice = True

So now EG found my device (remote), so now i can use EG with my XBOX remote Smile

Ciao all...
sascho Wrote:Hi,

I have just one problem with the Xbox Remote on my Windows Vista System, that while holding the button down/up for scrolling in a list, that the scrolling stocks after 3 steps and start again.
And that some button press are interpreted as a double press.

I thought long time this is maybe due to the Windows driver V028 of the remote, eventghost or something, but i tried the exact same configuration on an other system and its working really fine like original on a xbox with fast scrolling.

This system is Win7 and than i tried it on an other Win7 system but there it is again like on the Vista System.

It seems that it is not a problem of xbmc but maybe its a problem of the way the data is given to xbmc by eventghost?

I couldn´t find a rule for it and tried many things with eventghost and comparing this 2 systems, but no luck so far. Maybe some USB Port problem?
Maybe someone has a idea where the problem is coming from?

Thats the last step missing at my system, a good working xbox remote, so help would be fine, thanks
sascho

I don't have a solution, but I would love one. I'm having the exact same problems with the scrolling and double clicks your describing. I'm using W7 32bit.
Hi !
Thanks to all for the good job.
As other users, I would be glad that the remote shall work on the Windows's version of XBMC as it did with the original XBox version.
Particularly, I would like to be able to change the languages for audio and subs thanks to the dedicated menu.
I think some guys here were working on updated XBMC.xml and hope they would include this feature.
Thanks.

@eclin : could you please upload again your .xml as the link does not work.
Thanks mate
Ok, I will throw in my two pennies as I have recently just replaced one of my old Xbox's for an HTPC.

I have the Asrock ION 330 but didn't like the Media Remote and didn't even want to worry about Eventghost or similar running on my system. The HTPC generally runs at 720p as the system also acts as my file server and link to the Internet.

After about a week of trying different methods I decided to give the XBOX remote idea a go as the original xbox remote does a fantastic job with XBMC on the XBOX.

I didn't want to break my XBOX IR dongle as I still have another xbox in house and gives me a backup incase my other IR dongle goes wrong.

So:

Making USB dongle.
- I removed one of the gameport pairs from my decomissioned xbox. Four ports definately an overkill so they wont be missed.
- Simply chopped up the cable and resoldered to a spare USB cable. Took only a few minutes and very easy soldering.
- Bingo, one xbox-port to USB cable.

Installing the drivers:
- Downloaded the XBCDRC software v0.28 and install as normal.
- Disable the second USB port created - just for safety.
- Setup XBCDRC to run at startup so its always in the task bar.
- Re-define all of the functions through the XBCDRC programm so that it mainly sends keystrokes and also re-assigned number "4" on the remote to perform Ctrl-F6.
- Bingo, Remote control prepped and ready.

XBMC Setup:
- Created a custom Keymapping so that all the controls perform exactly as the XBMC xbox version runs with the remote.
- Place the new file into the userdata\keymaps\keyboard directory.

Ease of Use:
As I do use the HTPC for other things I wanted a simple way to:
- Change the default screen resoloution to 1080p
- Startup XBMC
- When XBMC stop swap the resoloution back to 720p

This was all done by creating a small batch(BAT) file that is set to use the shortcut 'Ctrl-F6' and fire XBMC into action so that XBMC can be started using only the remote.

It took some time to do but the results I feel are superb.
If anyone is interested I can post up all my setup files so you can retain the old xbox-xbmc feel with a very small amount of effort.
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
chunk_1970 Wrote:Ok, I will throw in my two pennies as I have recently just replaced one of my old Xbox's for an HTPC.

I have the Asrock ION 330 but didn't like the Media Remote and didn't even want to worry about Eventghost or similar running on my system. The HTPC generally runs at 720p as the system also acts as my file server and link to the Internet.

After about a week of trying different methods I decided to give the XBOX remote idea a go as the original xbox remote does a fantastic job with XBMC on the XBOX.

I didn't want to break my XBOX IR dongle as I still have another xbox in house and gives me a backup incase my other IR dongle goes wrong.

So:

Making USB dongle.
- I removed one of the gameport pairs from my decomissioned xbox. Four ports definately an overkill so they wont be missed.
- Simply chopped up the cable and resoldered to a spare USB cable. Took only a few minutes and very easy soldering.
- Bingo, one xbox-port to USB cable.

Installing the drivers:
- Downloaded the XBCDRC software v0.28 and install as normal.
- Disable the second USB port created - just for safety.
- Setup XBCDRC to run at startup so its always in the task bar.
- Re-define all of the functions through the XBCDRC programm so that it mainly sends keystrokes and also re-assigned number "4" on the remote to perform Ctrl-F6.
- Bingo, Remote control prepped and ready.

XBMC Setup:
- Created a custom Keymapping so that all the controls perform exactly as the XBMC xbox version runs with the remote.
- Place the new file into the userdata\keymaps\keyboard directory.

Ease of Use:
As I do use the HTPC for other things I wanted a simple way to:
- Change the default screen resoloution to 1080p
- Startup XBMC
- When XBMC stop swap the resoloution back to 720p

This was all done by creating a small batch(BAT) file that is set to use the shortcut 'Ctrl-F6' and fire XBMC into action so that XBMC can be started using only the remote.

It took some time to do but the results I feel are superb.
If anyone is interested I can post up all my setup files so you can retain the old xbox-xbmc feel with a very small amount of effort.

I would be interested in your setup files, I'm willing to try anything to get my remote working properly. Do you happen to have a way to open XBMC with a button press on the remote? Also what OS are you using?
sgorveatt Wrote:I would be interested in your setup files, I'm willing to try anything to get my remote working properly. Do you happen to have a way to open XBMC with a button press on the remote? Also what OS are you using?

im using xp

http://xbmc-torrrent-controller.googleco...MCAPPS.rar

- Ok download the archive listed above.
- Copy the keyboard.xml into your /userdata/keymaps directory
- Copy the XBCDRC.pro file from the IR directory in the archive to where you Installed the program XBCDRC (Overwrite the current File)
- Start the XBCDRC program
- Create a shortcut to XBMC on Your desktop. Then Right-click on the shortcut and select properties. Move the the shortcut key section and press Ctrl-F6.

Done.
Now if you press key "4" on your remote XBMC will start.
Thanks Chunk, it works better than my eventghost setup. I'm still having a couple problems though.

1. If I'm playing a video and want exit fullscreen by hitting the display button it shows audio offset instead.

I was looking through the settings and noticed that you have Display to act as the "A" key which you programmed to toggle fullscreen in the keyboard.xml file, but it doesn't seem to work for me. It's as if XBMC is ignoring my keyboard.xml file and resorting to default.

2. My arrow presses are still slow (ie. can't press down key quickly) and I can't hold it in to scroll fast. It did fix my unintentional double clicking problem though.

I'm starting to think this is either a hardware problem with the remote, or it's OS specific(Windows 7 32bit). I wish I knew if anyone successfully got the remote to work on Windows 7.
sgorveatt Wrote:Thanks Chunk, it works better than my eventghost setup. I'm still having a couple problems though.

1. If I'm playing a video and want exit fullscreen by hitting the display button it shows audio offset instead.

I was looking through the settings and noticed that you have Display to act as the "A" key which you programmed to toggle fullscreen in the keyboard.xml file, but it doesn't seem to work for me. It's as if XBMC is ignoring my keyboard.xml file and resorting to default.

2. My arrow presses are still slow (ie. can't press down key quickly) and I can't hold it in to scroll fast. It did fix my unintentional double clicking problem though.

I'm starting to think this is either a hardware problem with the remote, or it's OS specific(Windows 7 32bit). I wish I knew if anyone successfully got the remote to work on Windows 7.

I think all these niggles are fixable, at the time I was just happy to have the remote respond as the xbox did. I'll have a look into those as I checked my core functions only..
Hey Guys,

As soon as someone finds a solution to the Windows 7 64-bit issue please post. Or if there are new drivers for the dongle....EG has an error that says "Error finding an Xbox IR Receiver".

I haven't gotten past that. Thanks in advance.
doeman Wrote:Hey Guys,

As soon as someone finds a solution to the Windows 7 64-bit issue please post. Or if there are new drivers for the dongle....EG has an error that says "Error finding an Xbox IR Receiver".

I haven't gotten past that. Thanks in advance.

I think the Original Xbox controller is a dead subject on an x64 operating systems specialy on windows 7 x64.

I used to use my remote with windows 7 x86 no issues, but since I built a new PC with mem over 6GB I had to install x64 hence finding out my remote drivers are not compatible any more.

I'm going to buy an MCE remote compatible with x64 and hope it works well. Its huge pain going through all the HOW-TO MCE setup for windows as there are couple of threads with over dozen pages to go through, no one updated their first pages as the Definite setup procedure/files needed SadNerd

Just not to hijack the original subject, I would like to say that I would be grateful if someone would rewrite the XBCDRC drivers for x64. I would gladly pay for the drivers as well instead of buying a brand new remote that I'm not familiar with Nod
elitegamer360 Wrote:I think the Original Xbox controller is a dead subject on an x64 operating systems specialy on windows 7 x64.

I used to use my remote with windows 7 x86 no issues, but since I built a new PC with mem over 6GB I had to install x64 hence finding out my remote drivers are not compatible any more.

I'm going to buy an MCE remote compatible with x64 and hope it works well. Its huge pain going through all the HOW-TO MCE setup for windows as there are couple of threads with over dozen pages to go through, no one updated their first pages as the Definite setup procedure/files needed SadNerd

Just not to hijack the original subject, I would like to say that I would be grateful if someone would rewrite the XBCDRC drivers for x64. I would gladly pay for the drivers as well instead of buying a brand new remote that I'm not familiar with Nod

Someone already has Wink
Namely veube (many thanks to him, I have been using it for months)

http://www.acidapple.com/veube/xbcdrc_x64.zip

Do note that you will need to hack into Windows 7 x64, because it wont load non-signed drivers.

There is a method called Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider.
There is also a method to change the boot configuration;
Code:
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
And there is also a more cleaner hexedit hack, that doesn't put Windows 7 into Test Mode.
Thing is; I cant find it atm..

Edit: Found yet another method at http://www.citadelindustries.net/readydriverplus/
I'm trying to make my computer resume from sleep using the original XBOX remote controller. I'm using Windows 7 x86. Someone did it before?

Thanks!

NaBz
nabz Wrote:I'm trying to make my computer resume from sleep using the original XBOX remote controller. I'm using Windows 7 x86. Someone did it before?

Thanks!

NaBz

I have tried this, but unfortunatly, the Xbox Remote does not support this.

I am no expert, but it seems that the remote itself, has to send some sort of wake command.

Or perhaps it is the driver, that has to pass this through.
If it is the latter, then someone might be able to mod the sourcecode. (veube maybe? since he also did the x64 version)
Skindred Wrote:veube maybe?
Pleeeeaaaseeeee!!! Big Grin
Question 
Veube Wrote:Not being able to find x64 drivers for the original Xbox remote, I have re-compiled them myself.

XBCDRC x64 drivers

Extract the zip
Make a copy of xbcdrc.sys in .../system32/drivers
Point the hardware wizard at xbcdrc.inf

Working fine on my Vista x64 system with EventGhost.

(Yes, you have to disable driver signature enforcement.)

hi all,, i have used these drivers on vistax64, however when i try to use them in windows 7 x64 i get "A service installation section in this INF is invalid"
do you or maybe someone else on the scene know how i can possible edit the driver or point me in a direction to solve my problem,, thanks

btw i have done all the nesessary prereqs like disabling driver signing
and like i said i have had this working on vista x64 Huh
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO setup the original Xbox DVD remote the correct way with EventGhost3