• 2(current)
Win HOW-TO setup the original Xbox DVD remote the correct way with EventGhost
It should work in Vista X64 SP1 with the test-mode or by pressing F8.

By saying 'no easy way to disable it anymore since SP1' I ment that earlier, before SP1, it was possible to disable the signing enforcement simply with one setting in boot.ini.

And yes, It might not bring you back from powersave.. I can't really help with that though.
Everything works fine, event ghost receive event, but nothing happens in xbmc
Do I need to activate the server in xbmc? ( i've already test with or without)
Cissou Wrote:Everything works fine, event ghost receive event, but nothing happens in xbmc
Do I need to activate the server in xbmc? ( i've already test with or without)

Did you load the XBMC.xml file that I pointed to in my first post (on pastebin)?
yeah for sure, in the log panel of eventghost, I have the XBMC command showing up. I think it's very weird

Edit: I have found the problem. It's the -p parameter in the XBMC launch command
Now I need to found how to keep my xbmc/aeon config
I had copied my profile in the right directory, but still nothing.

THe proble comes from my profile, so I need to test from a fresh one.
i get "Error finding an Xbox IR reciever".

My remote+reviever is made by Gametech.
Could it be because i dont have the original xbox dvd kit?
Not being able to find x64 drivers for the original Xbox remote, I have re-compiled them myself.

XBCDRC x64 drivers

Extract the zip
Make a copy of xbcdrc.sys in .../system32/drivers
Point the hardware wizard at xbcdrc.inf

Working fine on my Vista x64 system with EventGhost.

(Yes, you have to disable driver signature enforcement.)
fmat Wrote:i get "Error finding an Xbox IR reciever".

My remote+reviever is made by Gametech.
Could it be because i dont have the original xbox dvd kit?

It's possible. The EG plugin tries to look for a device with deviceID 1118 and productID 644. I don't have a 3rd party remote myself so I'd be interested to know if they are the same.

But before we go there are you sure it's not an issue with the drivers? Do you see the devices in the device management? What OS are you using?
I have a remote that is MCE extender for original Xbox. It has some additional buttons similar to a real MCE remote.

To make EventGhost recognize:

I fixed by adding the following to Program Files/EventGhost/plugins/XBCDRC/_init_.py

Look for
Code:
'0064f0a': 'AUDIO',
            '006af0a': 'ENT.'

and add following behind it so it now looks like this:

Code:
'0064f0a': 'AUDIO',
            '006af0a': 'ENT.',
            '006c40a': 'POWER',
            '006310a': 'MYTV',
            '006090a': 'MYMUSIC',
            '006060a': 'MYPICTURES',
            '006070a': 'MYVIDEOS',
            '006e80a': 'RECORD',
            '006250a': 'START',
            '006d00a': 'VOLUP',
            '006d10a': 'VOLDOWN',
            '006c00a': 'MUTE',
            '006d20a': 'CHPGUP',
            '006d30a': 'CHPGDOWN',
            '006650a': 'RECORDEDTV',
            '006180a': 'LIVETV',
            '006280a': 'ASTERISK',
            '006290a': 'HASH',
            '006f90a': 'CLEAR'

Note that you have to add a comma after the ENT line above, there normally is no comma.
Just want to say thanks ! works alot better than IRXBOX, great guide!
I first got into XBMC with modded xbox's, but now have a new htpc built. On the xbox version, the left/right arrow keys skip forward/backward a little bit, and the up/down arrow keys skip forward/backward a lot. I have noticed that on the windows version, the keyboard arrow keys work the same way. My issue is that after following the guide in the beginning of this thread and getting the xbox ir remote up and running on my htpc, the arrow keys still do not work as jump forward/backward buttons. Did I follow the guide incorrectly (twice) ?

Summed up: How can I get the arrow keys on the xbox ir remote to function the same as the keyboard up/down/left/right arrows?

Thanks in advance, and great job with xbmc!

------------

UPDATE - I tried adding the "Action" big skip forward/backward to up/down and small skip forward/backward to left and right direction keys and that worked inside the video but when I get back to the menu while the video is still playing, navigating the menu still skips the video when I use the direction keys.

SO I have just removed those actions from the direction keys and applied them to the number pad 5,7,9, and 0. It works fine and it's not really a problem once you get used to using the numbers to skip around instead of the direction keys like in the xbox version of xbmc.

That's all, thanks again for the great app!
Are thos drivers:
http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd_rc.html#download

available for 64 bit systems?

I'm trying to config the button "Back" to act as Smallstepback while in fullscreen watching a video.
How do I do it?
LRa,

try looking 5 posts up for the x64 drivers that Veube compiled Smile

He says he compiled from the redcl0ud source, so they should be good.

-Wes
waldo22 Wrote:LRa,

try looking 5 posts up for the x64 drivers that Veube compiled Smile

He says he compiled from the redcl0ud source, so they should be good.

-Wes

Thanks. I did try to get them before posting, but the link is broken.
adam71o Wrote:I first got into XBMC with modded xbox's, but now have a new htpc built. On the xbox version, the left/right arrow keys skip forward/backward a little bit, and the up/down arrow keys skip forward/backward a lot. I have noticed that on the windows version, the keyboard arrow keys work the same way. My issue is that after following the guide in the beginning of this thread and getting the xbox ir remote up and running on my htpc, the arrow keys still do not work as jump forward/backward buttons. Did I follow the guide incorrectly (twice) ?

Summed up: How can I get the arrow keys on the xbox ir remote to function the same as the keyboard up/down/left/right arrows?

Thanks in advance, and great job with xbmc!

------------

UPDATE - I tried adding the "Action" big skip forward/backward to up/down and small skip forward/backward to left and right direction keys and that worked inside the video but when I get back to the menu while the video is still playing, navigating the menu still skips the video when I use the direction keys.

SO I have just removed those actions from the direction keys and applied them to the number pad 5,7,9, and 0. It works fine and it's not really a problem once you get used to using the numbers to skip around instead of the direction keys like in the xbox version of xbmc.

That's all, thanks again for the great app!

I'm having this exact same problem ://

When playing a video fullscreen, the skip buttons do not work. The button itself works but its as if its not going into the
"<FullscreenVideo>" routine within Keymap.xml to use the arrow buttons for skipping forward and backward :confused2:
Similarly the Menu, back and title buttons dont work while watching a video.

I too have tried manually adding an "Event" in EventGhost. For example to "Small Skip Backward" i can add event XBCDRC.LEFT. Except then when I am playing movie and chose to go back to the menu while the movie is still playing, it does both actions at once when i press the left arrow key. i.e. the cursor will jump across the screen to the left like its supposed to and the video will do a skip backward at the same time :/

Anybody know how to fix this without having to assign direction keys to the numpad
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO setup the original Xbox DVD remote the correct way with EventGhost3