• 3(current)
Win HOW-TO setup the original Xbox DVD remote the correct way with EventGhost
i have tried this method and it does work... however i have the mce remote for the original xbox as well but still most of the button functions on is still don't work, navigation, play, pause, skip, etc work. but my video, my tv, start button etc don't work. in event ghost i have the xbmc plugin and the XBCDRC on autostart when i use eventghost (current release). and i tried DoughBoys control addons and i don't see and change.
Till All Are One!!!!!
never mind i got it working but i need to know what is the code for the osd submenu? '006250a': 'START', 'HuhHuh??': 'osd', i get this error from eventghost when trying to access the osd.

Error in Action: "XBMC.OSD()"
Traceback (most recent call last) (1076):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'XBMC' is not defined

sorry for the double post.
Till All Are One!!!!!
eventghost shows on startup instead of being minimized.
Have i missed something?
i followed all the instructions.

Thanks
LRa Wrote:Thanks. I did try to get them before posting, but the link is broken.

Apologies. Link fixed. Original Xbox remote drivers Vista x64.
Ok, i'm trying to get this to work with Windows 7 to no avail. The x64 drivers installed fine, thanks Veube!

So I opened up XBCD RC to see if the computer was receiving data from the remote control, but it isn't.

Has anyone else tried this in Windows 7 yet?
fmat Wrote:i get "Error finding an Xbox IR reciever".

My remote+reviever is made by Gametech.
Could it be because i dont have the original xbox dvd kit?

I am having the same issue with an after market dongle. I will test it tonight on another pc that I know works.
I have confirmed that after getting the "Error finding an Xbox IR reciever" with an aftermarket dongle that on the same machine the original dongle works perfectly.
I have a original IR dongle, and I get the message "error finding xbox IR receiver" when I start Eventghost. I have 64 bit Windows 7, and managed to install the xbcdrc driver after disabling the driver signing. But I dont now wheter the driver is correctly installed or not. There is still a yellow warning symbol by the icon. But the device manager have identified the ir receiver as "xbox remote control microsoft"

The properties says:

Manudacturer: XBCD Project
Device status: 0000.001a.0001.001.000.000.000.000.000

and when I double-click the "xbox remote control microsoft"

I get a device status:
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

I have tried the usb dongle on my laptop, with windows XP 32 bit, and it works perfectly.

Anyone got an idea what the problem is?
Drivers instalation failed on Win7 x64. Anyone successHuh
I have Win7 x64 too - XBCD doesn't work too (code 52).
Has anyone with Windows 7 x64 tried ReadyDriver yet to get rid of error 52?

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2009...4-bit-x64/

I haven't yet wired up my dongle so I can't try it.

The other option is to automatically enable unsigned driver editing using BCDEdit:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic127187.html

Some someone let me know if either of these two work?
Merlinux Wrote:I'm having this exact same problem ://

When playing a video fullscreen, the skip buttons do not work. The button itself works but its as if its not going into the
"<FullscreenVideo>" routine within Keymap.xml to use the arrow buttons for skipping forward and backward :confused2:
Similarly the Menu, back and title buttons dont work while watching a video.

I too have tried manually adding an "Event" in EventGhost. For example to "Small Skip Backward" i can add event XBCDRC.LEFT. Except then when I am playing movie and chose to go back to the menu while the movie is still playing, it does both actions at once when i press the left arrow key. i.e. the cursor will jump across the screen to the left like its supposed to and the video will do a skip backward at the same time :/

Anybody know how to fix this without having to assign direction keys to the numpad

I'm very interested in this too. Thanks!
I can get XBOX remote drivers working with ReadyDriver plus on my Laptop which has windows 7 32bit but not with my PC which has 7 64bit
Thumbs Up 
Merlinux Wrote:I'm having this exact same problem ://

When playing a video fullscreen, the skip buttons do not work. The button itself works but its as if its not going into the
"<FullscreenVideo>" routine within Keymap.xml to use the arrow buttons for skipping forward and backward :confused2:
Similarly the Menu, back and title buttons dont work while watching a video.

I too have tried manually adding an "Event" in EventGhost. For example to "Small Skip Backward" i can add event XBCDRC.LEFT. Except then when I am playing movie and chose to go back to the menu while the movie is still playing, it does both actions at once when i press the left arrow key. i.e. the cursor will jump across the screen to the left like its supposed to and the video will do a skip backward at the same time :/

Anybody know how to fix this without having to assign direction keys to the numpad

I've used the advanced XBMC plugin called XBMCrepeater and have got the remote working pretty close to how it worked with the Xbox. Haven't had time to check and tweak other actions though. Load it instead of the original XBMC plugin and use the "Buttons" "Remote" actions.
You'll find the link for it in this thread. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46595
Thanks Henkske for your post.
eclin Wrote:I've used the advanced XBMC plugin called XBMCrepeater and have got the remote working pretty close to how it worked with the Xbox. Haven't had time to check and tweak other actions though. Load it instead of the original XBMC plugin and use the "Buttons" "Remote" actions.
You'll find the link for it in this thread. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46595
Thanks Henkske for your post.

eclin, could you please upload the XBMC.xml you are using?
Also please include any other info needed to be up and running.
I know nothing of EventGhost and have tryed making an event, but it does not work at all :/

Even right now, when I have added the XBMCrepeater, the remote has stopped working in XBMC. When putting it back the way it was, it started working. Just limited (as everyone has mentioned).

So any info and the uploading of your XBMC.xml file would help me alot.
Thanks In Advance.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO setup the original Xbox DVD remote the correct way with EventGhost3