• 7(current)
Win HOW-TO setup the original Xbox DVD remote the correct way with EventGhost
To anyone having trouble getting this to work on win7 64 bit this is what worked for me.

I first tried installing 64 bit drivers using this code

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

That installed the drivers but i still kept getting "Error finding an Xbox IR reciever" and in device manager i still had the yellow exclamation on xbox remote control.

So i went back and uninstalled everything and started over.

Download the 64 bit drivers From here

Then unzip and move the xbcdrc.sys file to "windows\system32\drivers" folder

And then use this program to sign the driver

Download Here

Click enable test mode

Then click sign system file

Enter the path, should be something like, "c:\windows\system32\drivers\xbrdrc.sys"

Then install EventGhost and load the .xml file from the first page.

That worked perfectly for me with win 7 home premium 64 bit.

Thanks for the how to, and all the helpful posts along the way.
I've updated the guide to use the XBMCrepeat plugin by jonib (thanks jonib!).

This sends the actual remote buttons to XBMC, and works exactly like the remote did with the Xbox! Much better than the "official" XBMC plugin.

See first post...

-Wes
rolapinou Wrote:1- Is there a tutorial that explain how to use the original XBox remote to control MediaPlayerClassic HD through Evenghost ? Indeed I use the external player for HD-video. I added the MPC plugin in Evenghost but there must me a missing step as I can't use my remote to control MPC.

Thanks for the help !

@rolapinou,

Once you've installed the MPC plugin, you go into EventGhost and press each button you want to use to control MPC.

You'll see each one show up in the left-hand column.

Just drag the button from the left-hand column to the action in the right-hand column that you want it to perform in MPC.

This is what I did for the XBMC plugin, and I just posted my XML so you guys wouldn't have to go do that by hand.

-Wes
is there anyway to stop the random double clicks on Windows 7?
parttimeplaya Wrote:To anyone having trouble getting this to work on win7 64 bit this is what worked for me.

I first tried installing 64 bit drivers using this code

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

That installed the drivers but i still kept getting "Error finding an Xbox IR reciever" and in device manager i still had the yellow exclamation on xbox remote control.

So i went back and uninstalled everything and started over.

Download the 64 bit drivers From here

Then unzip and move the xbcdrc.sys file to "windows\system32\drivers" folder

And then use this program to sign the driver

Download Here

Click enable test mode

Then click sign system file

Enter the path, should be something like, "c:\windows\system32\drivers\xbrdrc.sys"

Then install EventGhost and load the .xml file from the first page.

That worked perfectly for me with win 7 home premium 64 bit.

Thanks for the how to, and all the helpful posts along the way.

I tried this but it still did not work for me. I still got the yellow explination in the device manager. I was excited when i read your post. I thought mabye this time it will work. but i guess god doesnt want me to use this remote becouse it has never worked for me on any OS and ive tried the major 3.
Hi,

I've followed parttimeplaya tutorial and everything went fine till I've try to use XMC.xml in evenghost.

When I try to load XBMC.xml I have this messages :
Code:
Unhandled exception in WorkerThread <EventThread>:
Callers stack:
  File "wx\_core.pyc", line 8007, in MainLoop
  File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7303, in MainLoop
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\system\EventGhost\eg\Classes\MainFrame\__init__.py", line 344, in FuncWrapper
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\system\EventGhost\eg\Classes\MainFrame\__init__.py", line 757, in OnCmdOpen
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\system\EventGhost\eg\Classes\Document.py", line 373, in Open
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\system\EventGhost\eg\Classes\Document.py", line 176, in StartSession
Traceback (most recent call last) (1436):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\system\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ThreadWorker.py", line 201, in __DoOneEvent
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\system\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ThreadWorker.py", line 224, in HandleAction
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\system\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ThreadWorker.py", line 72, in __call__
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\system\EventGhost\eg\Classes\EventThread.py", line 127, in StartSession
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\system\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ThreadWorker.py", line 72, in __call__
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\system\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ActionThread.py", line 44, in StartSession
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\system\EventGhost\eg\Classes\Document.py", line 160, in Load
  File "<string>", line 45, in parse
  File "<string>", line 32, in parse
SyntaxError: syntax error: line 1, column 3

I've seen some posts about it saying that I have to change my decimal symbol to ',' but it's already done.

Could someone help me on this errors ?

Thanks,
Jé'
waldo22 Wrote:I've updated the guide to use the XBMCrepeat plugin by jonib (thanks jonib!).
Cool Smile
Quote:Much better than the "official" XBMC plugin.
Thanks. Big Grin

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
Question 
maikhorma Wrote:(See screen shot below)
[/CODE]

Hi maikhorma, for some reason, I can't see any screen shot other than the code you posted. Would you mind inc'ing the screenshot please?

Also, couple of issues I've come across:
1. When I have EG set to "execute xbmc.exe" regardless of my settings, it starts a totally different xbmc profile (like it's ootb). But If I manually execute my xbmc desktop icon, I get my specific settings & maps working.

Issues is that when EG starts xbmc, the remote works (with some key mappings), but If I start xbmc manually (so i get my settings), the remote does not work at all. I think it's got something to do with the advanced settings in EG which runs a different xbmc profile, but I can't be sure.

All in all, I can't get EG working correctly, so at the moment, i'm using the xbcd rc client (windows app) to get my remote working (it's almost perfect), but still without those mapped keys I spoke of in the other post.

Any help is much appreciated as i'm currently more than a little stuck with EG.

Thanks
MontyAus Wrote:1. When I have EG set to "execute xbmc.exe" regardless of my settings, it starts a totally different xbmc profile (like it's ootb). But If I manually execute my xbmc desktop icon, I get my specific settings & maps working.
Thanks

This may be because my link starts XBMC in portable mode with the "-p" switch.

Honestly, I thought that didn't even work any more.

You may want to try editing the startup code to not include that switch. (you should just be able to right-click on the action and edit it)

I can't help you with the other things, sorry.
jonib Wrote:C
Thanks. Big Grin

jonib

No, thank YOU. Smile

(no offense meant to Topfs2 and Bartman. who gave us the original, I just really love the way you mapped it to the actual remote buttons instead of a set number of XBMC actions. All I had to do was map the main buttons and it just worked)
RenZ0R Wrote:is there anyway to stop the random double clicks on Windows 7?

Since know one seems to want to answer this after several people have asked, I'll tell you what I ended up doing. I tried everything I could to stop this in vista and win 7. I came to the conclusion that new drivers would need to be written for the dongle. Having no knowledge on how to do this I bought an MCE remote receiver on ebay for about $16. Problem solved. The problem more or less made the dongle unusable.
Does anyone know where I can get the xml file mentioned in post 1. The link no longer works.

Thanks Gav
gavjbrown Wrote:Does anyone know where I can get the xml file mentioned in post 1. The link no longer works.

Thanks Gav

It looks like pastebin.ca is just down.

Give it a bit to come back up. If it doesn't, I'll re-post it on pastebin.com.
Pastebin.ca appears to still be down, so I've posted on pastebin.com as well.

http://pastebin.com/Mppe2DpC

-Wes
waldo22 Wrote:Pastebin.ca appears to still be down, so I've posted on pastebin.com as well.

http://pastebin.com/Mppe2DpC

-Wes

Thanks Wes
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO setup the original Xbox DVD remote the correct way with EventGhost3