• 8(current)
Win HOW-TO setup the original Xbox DVD remote the correct way with EventGhost
Really struggling with this. I dont really know much about using eventghost but when I open it I then open XBMC.xml and get the read writing in the left box say "cant find actions:XBMC2.Pictureinfo()" and a lot of others that say - cant find actions:XBMC2.*******.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks Gav

P.s the remote is an original xbox and the pc is an Acer Revo Win7 x64
gavjbrown Wrote:Really struggling with this. I dont really know much about using eventghost but when I open it I then open XBMC.xml and get the read writing in the left box say "cant find actions:XBMC2.Pictureinfo()" and a lot of others that say - cant find actions:XBMC2.*******.
Sounds like you're missing the XBMCRepeat plugin.
Did you do step No3?
Quote:3) Download the XBMCrepeat plugin (thanks to jonib!)
This sends the actual remote buttons to XBMC, and works exactly like the remote did with the Xbox! Much better than the "official" XBMC plugin.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
jonib Wrote:Sounds like you're missing the XBMCRepeat plugin.
Did you do step No3?

jonib

Thanks for the reply. I did download the xbmcrepeater but have only just worked out where to put it. I have done that bit now and the remote works fine. But I have just restarted the computer and even though eventghost is showing up bottom right, the remote no longer works.

I still get the "this directory name is invalid" below XBMC below "start program XBMC.exe" Does that matter.

Any idea

Thanks Gav

EDIT- in evenghost I have clicked file and opened the project I saved and the remote is working again. How can I get it to load this automatically. On the left of EG I have in red - "this directory name is invalid" Its directly below "start program XBMC.exe"

Another EDIT - seems to be working now. I didnt run eg as admistrater so when I came to save the project it would let me save it in the eg folder. So when eg was closed I copied it across to it. I had a message in red saying it could find my project in my documents.

I still get the "this directory name is invalid" below XBMC below "start program XBMC.exe" Does that matter.
gavjbrown Wrote:I still get the "this directory name is invalid" below XBMC below "start program XBMC.exe" Does that matter.
The config assumes you have XBMC installed here C:\Program Files\XBMC

Just doubleclick on Start Program: XBMC.exe in the Autostart folder (in EventGhost) and change the directories to where you have installed XBMC.

jonib
jonib Wrote:The config assumes you have XBMC installed here C:\Program Files\XBMC

Just doubleclick on Start Program: XBMC.exe in the Autostart folder (in EventGhost) and change the directories to where you have installed XBMC.

jonib

Yeah, with Windows 7 (or Vista) x64 XBMC is probably in the "Program Files (x86)" folder, so you'll need to right-click on the program icon to update that directory.

Also, once you open your project file in EG, "close" EG. (ie. click the x in the upper right corner). It won't really close, but that should make it load with your XBMC.xml next time.

-Wes
Thanks Guys, That cured the error messages.

Regarding Driver Signature Enforcement.

Can I disable test mode and remove watermarks?. Or will that mess it up.

Also I notice button 3 and 6 no longer control the volume like it used to do on the xbox. Is it possible to set this up.

Sometimes when I press the button once it moves twice, can this be corrected.

Finally, before I did this there used to be a sound when pressing a button. I think its called bubble bursting. Even though its enabled in settings, it doest make a noise.

Sorry for all the questions, I love the remote and just want to get it working as good as possible.

Thanks Gav
gavjbrown Wrote:Also I notice button 3 and 6 no longer control the volume like it used to do on the xbox. Is it possible to set this up.

I mapped the buttons to be the actual numbers 3 and 6, instead of volume.

If you want to change this, open EventGhost, go to the "remote" section of the XBMCRepeat plugin (on the right-hand frame), delete the action from the button 3 and button 6, press the 3 and 6 button, and drag the action from the left-hand pane to the volume actions on the right-hand pane.

gavjbrown Wrote:Sometimes when I press the button once it moves twice, can this be corrected.

This appears to be a known problem with x64 versions of Vista and Win7.

Not really sure what to do about it... Sorry.
gavjbrown Wrote:Also I notice button 3 and 6 no longer control the volume like it used to do on the xbox. Is it possible to set this up.
Try the Remote.xml attached to this post it adds back the 3,6 and 9 button functionality that was on the XBOX.

waldo22s method works too unless you need to use the numbers as numbers in other parts of XBMC.

jonib
Thanks again Waldo.

Jonib, set 3, 6, and 9 now using the above method. Is there any other gain using the xml you posted.

Thanks

Gav
gavjbrown Wrote:Jonib, set 3, 6, and 9 now using the above method. Is there any other gain using the xml you posted.
Only that the numbers work as numbers in all sections of XBMC except in fullscreen video mode. So you can use the SMS-Style Text Entry to jump in filelists and for text entry.
If you need to be able to control volume in other sections like when listening to music the .xml would need to be edited.

jonib
jonib Wrote:Only that the numbers work as numbers in all sections of XBMC except in fullscreen video mode. So you can use the SMS-Style Text Entry to jump in filelists and for text entry.
If you need to be able to control volume in other sections like when listening to music the .xml would need to be edited.

jonib

Ok, is it just a matter or replacing my xbmc.xml file in the folder Evenghost/ with yours.
gavjbrown Wrote:Ok, is it just a matter or replacing my xbmc.xml file in the folder Evenghost/ with yours.
No, you need to put it in XBMC keymap directory, see here where it is.

jonib
jonib Wrote:No, you need to put it in XBMC keymap directory, see here where it is.

jonib

Ok, I will give it a try when I get chance.

Cheers

Gav
I have been trying to figure this out for quite some time now but continue to get errors as shown in the screen shot. I have read several other posts in this forum but they have not helped. I am using 32bit version of windows 7.

Also, I do not have my USB cable hooked directly to the IR unit. First, it is connected to one of the controller ports, which I then plug the IR unit into. Could this be causing a problem with drivers?
Here is a link showing what my setup is: http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/xbox_con...pc_usb.htm

Thanks for the help!

candersonosu Wrote:I have been trying to figure this out for quite some time now but continue to get errors as shown in the screen shot.
Looks like you're missing the XBMCRepeat plugin.
Did you do step No3?
Quote:3) Download the XBMCrepeat plugin (thanks to jonib!)
This sends the actual remote buttons to XBMC, and works exactly like the remote did with the Xbox! Much better than the "official" XBMC plugin.
Can't help with the XBOX receiver error.

jonib
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO setup the original Xbox DVD remote the correct way with EventGhost3