• 10(current)
Win HOW-TO setup the original Xbox DVD remote the correct way with EventGhost
eMTea Wrote:I'm sorry! Missunderstanding, the dongle I use is the one that belongs to the xbox dvd kit by microsoft.
OK, don't use either so oops Huh , Maybe this thread can help.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
jonib Wrote:OK, don't use either so oops Huh , Maybe this thread can help.

jonib

@eMTea,

I'm confused.

First you said you are using USB UIRT from the MCE remote, then you said you're using the original Xbox DVD kit dongle.

This guide is only for the Xbox DVD kit dongle. You can use it with other remotes such as the Harmony or even your AV Receiver remote (like I use) , but they must be programmed to control an RCA DVD player.

The only dongle (IR receiver) that these instructions work with is the original Xbox1 DVD kit dongle.

-Wes
I updated the first post to point to the new location of the XBMCRepeat plugin on the new EventGhost forum.

Also added Jonib's instructions on where to put the plugin.

Thanks Jonib!

-Wes
Ok, I'm sorry I made it so confusing.
First i tried the MCE dongle, but i did not get any response from that, so i wired up the IR dongle form the XBOX1 DVD Kit.

I used the DSEO program to put windows 7 (ult. x64) in test mode, signed the drivers and rebooted.
Eventghost still complains about "can't find IR reciever".
That is the situation for the moment.

EDIT: I have both recievers, doesn't matter for me who of them i use, but noone of them seems to respond in Eventghost...
I have the same set of circumstances with my Win 7 ult. 64 bit HTPC. The problem seems to be the 64 bit IR receiver driver. Windows tells me the service section of the inf is incorrect. How does that get fixed?
Sorry guys, don't have any 64-bit Windows OS to test with.

-Wes
jonib Wrote:Try the Remote.xml attached to this post it adds back the 3,6 and 9 button functionality that was on the XBOX.

waldo22s method works too unless you need to use the numbers as numbers in other parts of XBMC.

jonib

Hi, there seems to be a problem with the link. Could you re-post a working one please?!

thanx
m
MadsSkov Wrote:Hi, there seems to be a problem with the link. Could you re-post a working one please?!
Sure, here Remote.xml.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
Just want to say thanks. After creating the Dongle to USB MOD, this worked great on Windows 7 x64.
Thanks for the excellent guide. Got my old Xbox remote to work perfect right out of the gate on my Win 7 box. Was even easy to tweek the number buttons to add a few extra commands.
Nfidel Wrote:Thanks for the excellent guide. Got my old Xbox remote to work perfect right out of the gate on my Win 7 box. Was even easy to tweek the number buttons to add a few extra commands.

? Wow! So, Xbox1's DVD Receiver (hw modded to have regular USB) is connected to Win7 with drivers? Is Win7 in TestMode?
realjobe Wrote:? Wow! So, Xbox1's DVD Receiver (hw modded to have regular USB) is connected to Win7 with drivers? Is Win7 in TestMode?
I just allowed the unsigned installer to run and it did the rest. Win 7 Ultimate 32bit.
Rychek Wrote:I have the same set of circumstances with my Win 7 ult. 64 bit HTPC. The problem seems to be the 64 bit IR receiver driver. Windows tells me the service section of the inf is incorrect. How does that get fixed?

I have the same probelm with Win7 64 bit. Cannot get the driver to work. Can anyone help?

Takenover83 Wrote:Just want to say thanks. After creating the Dongle to USB MOD, this worked great on Windows 7 x64.

How did you do it?
i try to post in the XBMC for Windows Specific Support but nobody helped me.
i used the tutorial in this thread to set up my xbox dvd remote and my xbmc.
i have a pre eden xbmc on windows vista and all works fine.
my only one problem is the key repeat issue how i explained here.
Quote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115408
i tried editing the advancedsettigs.xml but no results.....
could someone help me?
peppe
sorry peppe,

Don't know anything about the repeat issue...

-Wes
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO setup the original Xbox DVD remote the correct way with EventGhost3