• 10(current)
Movie Genre - Posters (Release thread)
sorry but it appears im getting a 404 error, is this expected for long?
same
My XBOX:
modded by X-Bit Chip - Serial interface - LCD 16x4 White on Blue - HD/Network activity blue led - Transparent Jewel with 8 leds - 64MB of additional RAM - DVDROM LG-8163b - XIR v2 powered by XBMC and MediaStream Redux
Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I've been unable to pay my host so it's temporarily unavailable. If it helps, I can provide you with a mediafire link, where most of the files are also available. Again, truly sorry for this inconvenience.

http://www.mediafire.com/?aacw02ncqtcev
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
thanks, GREAT man! it's so appreciated...

(Cyclic post: Where i put it to works? In the skin\media? Example: if I use Confluence (xbox platform) i must put in \skin\Confluence\Media , right? )
My XBOX:
modded by X-Bit Chip - Serial interface - LCD 16x4 White on Blue - HD/Network activity blue led - Transparent Jewel with 8 leds - 64MB of additional RAM - DVDROM LG-8163b - XIR v2 powered by XBMC and MediaStream Redux
is there a mirror anywhere of the original genre pack? the ones with the film reel and pictures in the background?

Obviously Fiinix is still having problems with his hosting and the mediafire link he posted on ly has the silhouette packs..
@danmedhurst

is this the one?
Perfect, thanks m3g4tr0n.

I've offered to host the site for free but not heard back from asphinx yet.. if anyone here's from him can you ask if he needs hosting?
Tadaa! Smile

http://www.danmed.co.uk/asphinx/

http://fiinixdesign.blogspot.com/

Hi.

I´m a big fan of your silouette poster pack!
Thank you for that!

But now I ran into some trouble, Since the new addon system of XBMC needs textures.xbt to handle things like genre-icons I wonder if you have one that is pre-compiled for some skins with your work?
Thank you!

Sincerly

Talle
You're very welcome.

I'm however unable to help you with your problem at the moment, sorry. I haven't looked into the new addon system at all, so until I do, I wont be able to provide you with any files. I don't know if anyone else has done anything to get them working.

But it sounds like something I really should look into, so consider it added to my "to-do" list. Again sorry I couldn't help you any more at the moment.

Really love the options of using genre artwork, but I have a question, why was .jpg chosen for the file format?

Nearly all other work in xbmc and skins are using .png, big thing in .png'd favor is that it supports transparency and .jpg does not. Will there be some progress made in the future to incorporate .png genre icons rather than .jpg?
@ WheresWaldo

Just change them, no big deal.

@ asphinx

Any chance of getting the Digitalhigh Template? Would love to give it a shoot, try to make some Music Genre Poster and who knows. Is by far the best template i`ve seen for my taste of course. Will share anything I make as always.
@WheresWaldo
Like KiSUAN said, you can just convert them to .png, transparency support or not won't matter since nothing's transparent in my posters.
However, I just thought of quality being maybe more of a concern, the original posters were 680x1000 px saved with jpg compression at 80%. I thought this would be sufficient future-proof, maybe I was wrong? Should they be even bigger, exported as .png's as it supports lossless compression. Then people would be free to down-scale them as they please.

@KiSUAN
Replied by PM. And thanks to you I noticed that some files had gotten lost in the semi-recent host transfer. So kudos.

asphinx Wrote:@WheresWaldo
Like KiSUAN said, you can just convert them to .png, transparency support or not won't matter since nothing's transparent in my posters.
However, I just thought of quality being maybe more of a concern, the original posters were 680x1000 px saved with jpg compression at 80%. I thought this would be sufficient future-proof, maybe I was wrong? Should they be even bigger, exported as .png's as it supports lossless compression. Then people would be free to down-scale them as they please.

Bigger is not always better, but .png compression is much better than .jpg, I really wasn't thinking about the quality so much as dumping the background for a theme I was working on in Alaska.Revisited. What I started doing was using PS to create a work path for each of the movie genres silhouettes then cleaning up the work path to save as a custom shape, that way I could reuse the shape any way I wanted and at any resolution I wanted without loss of quality. I only did a few this way then went to just selecting, deleting and then touching up as a rasterized image to speed up the work. Maybe as time permits I will convert all the silhouettes to vector images and redo the less ideal one. Vector images are the only real way to "future-proof" your genre images.

To solve the naming convention, I remembered that xbmc can display any displayable file format without regard for how it's named, so I just renamed all my .png files to .jpg and that worked.
Yeah, sometimes I've wished that xbmc would support .svg format for the ui. Do you rescale the silhouettes in Photoshop then, because otherwise xbmc algorithm might make a mess of your the quality. I say might, because I'm not actually sure what algorithm xbmc uses when it up/down- scales things.

• 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Genre - Posters (Release thread)0