• 8(current)
Movie Genre - Posters (Release thread)
asphinx Wrote:Oh those.. I must've missed the "colour posters" -part.. My bad.. Smile Well for those I see no problem in making all sorts of genres as the visual guideline is not as strict.. ergo, there isn't one.. Wink Did you notice that a PSD template is freely available for anyone interested in making/modifying their own..

Yes, but let's say both my visual creativity and photoshop skills are missing... Cool

And then I was polite to myself... Rofl

edit: I sent you in pm, what I am trying to achieve
Yeah I saw the PM, sorry for the lack of reply.. Later today if I find the time I will take a look at maybe making your requests.. I am trying to get the Silhouettes Coloured done as well.. and brainstorming Music genres.. though I saw "tash" had made some that looked pretty good..

Needles to say I have a lot on my plate currently.. Big Grin
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
asphinx Wrote:Later today if I find the time I will take a look at maybe making your requests..

Thank you very much in advance!
asphinx Wrote:Oh those.. I must've missed the "colour posters" -part.. My bad.. Smile Well for those I see no problem in making all sorts of genres as the visual guideline is not as strict.. ergo, there isn't one.. Wink Did you notice that a PSD template is freely available for anyone interested in making/modifying their own..

Do you have the psd template for the silhouettes Vivid as i would love to be able to create
some extra genre posters for use in aeon_Auriga thanks
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Unfortunately as I am still making Silhouettes Posters myself I have decided not to release the PSD template for that.. yet.. when I feel that I'm done with them I will release them for anyone to have fun with, but not quite yet.

However, depending on how many you had in mind I'm sure I could whip some up for you.. Considering I'm enjoying your Aeon-Xbox mod currently that's the least I could do.. Smile

asphinx Wrote:Unfortunately as I am still making Silhouettes Posters myself I have decided not to release the PSD template for that.. yet.. when I feel that I'm done with them I will release them for anyone to have fun with, but not quite yet.

However, depending on how many you had in mind I'm sure I could whip some up for you.. Considering I'm enjoying your Aeon-Xbox mod currently that's the least I could do.. Smile
No problem i will give you a small list once i have worked out what i need thanks.
and i will be uploading Aeon_Auriga_Lite_Revision3 in the next few days once i have sorted out a few bugsSmile
Read first post for my apologies..

Any chance you could make us up a 2 genre posters one for James bond and one for Star Trek in the vivid(Black and Silver) please as this would complete my Auriga setup quite nicely, thank you
I remember someone asking for that earlier as well.. basically "collection" posters.. I was a bit reluctant then and I'm still a bit, well not reluctant anymore as much.. more incertain.. as I really don't want it to digress from the visual style of the Silhouette Posters..

but, on the other hand.. if that's what the people want.. I'm thinking out loud now.. Imagine the Silhouettes posters.. and you see a silhouette of Spock doing "Live long and prosper".. and maybe the Star Trek logo discreetly above him.. Could that work? because that would for me not interfere with the visual style I already have..

asphinx Wrote:I remember someone asking for that earlier as well.. basically "collection" posters.. I was a bit reluctant then and I'm still a bit, well not reluctant anymore as much.. more incertain.. as I really don't want it to digress from the visual style of the Silhouette Posters..

but, on the other hand.. if that's what the people want.. I'm thinking out loud now.. Imagine the Silhouettes posters.. and you see a silhouette of Spock doing "Live long and prosper".. and maybe the Star Trek logo discreetly above him.. Could that work? because that would for me not interfere with the visual style I already have..
I fully understand what your saying with regards to keeping them all looking like they belong together which is why i thought to ask you to try it as your skills are far beyond mine.
I was thinking along similar lines to you. and i thought by using the old style star trek emb
lem in the silver with the black background and something similar for bond but i am certain what ever you think of will look great. thanksSmile
asphinx Wrote:I remember someone asking for that earlier as well.. basically "collection" posters.. I was a bit reluctant then and I'm still a bit, well not reluctant anymore as much.. more incertain.. as I really don't want it to digress from the visual style of the Silhouette Posters..
I wouldn't use these kinds of posters. I'm a very satisfied user of your posters, because they just look great (my wife likes them too :-)).

May I suggest that it could be more interesting to create music genre posters, in silhouette style? Like 'dance', 'rock', 'r&b', 'lounge', 'metal', etcetera. It will be quite a challenge to make them look different, but then again, it would be a great addition to your current posters.
--> Arvinine, The decision whether to use or not use them, is of course entirely up the people that use them.. But as this has been requested before, and again now by paul I feel that I should at least honour their request by seeing if it's possible to make collection posters and maintaining the visual style of the Silhouette Posters.. Smile

On a personal side-note I can tell you that I would probably not use them myself either, but that shouldn't stop from making them.. Wink

And if you go back a little in posts/pages you'll notice that we have discussed the possibility of making music genre posters.. and this is something I'm very much considering making (even though I was at first reluctant..) Smile It would be quite a challenge nonetheless.. the biggest problem so far though has been to establish a complete, as much a possible, list of genres to make.. iTunes genres are a good start, but unfortunately also lacking in some areas..

Awesome that I got the Spousal Seal of Approval.. Smile

You must have a very understanding wife.
The only reason i asked for the posters is because i changed my genre tags on all bond films to james bond that way i find it much easier to navigate my movies collection.Nod
asphinx Wrote:Yeah I saw the PM, sorry for the lack of reply.. Later today if I find the time I will take a look at maybe making your requests.. I am trying to get the Silhouettes Coloured done as well.. and brainstorming Music genres.. though I saw "tash" had made some that looked pretty good..

Needles to say I have a lot on my plate currently.. Big Grin

Please absolutely not receive my question as I push - I am waiting with patient - just want to know if there any chance you will deal with this.

Thanks!
asphinx Wrote:And if you go back a little in posts/pages you'll notice that we have discussed the possibility of making music genre posters.. and this is something I'm very much considering making (even though I was at first reluctant..) Smile It would be quite a challenge nonetheless.. the biggest problem so far though has been to establish a complete, as much a possible, list of genres to make.. iTunes genres are a good start, but unfortunately also lacking in some areas..
The ID3-tag people had the same problem of choice: which genres we do/don't support. They chose these: http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0#head-129376...0288d7c7e7
Last.fm and allmusic.com provide a short overview of the main/popular genres.

Edit: I read the last pages and see that you already had a look at allmusic.com. Do you want me to assemble a numbered list that will cover most of the music genres, sorted by importance?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Genre - Posters (Release thread)0