SVN 17700 No sound, Failed to initialized audio device.
I can report I just did a full re-install of my XBMC Live, following the P5N7A-VM guide again (for hdmi audio)... and rev 17794 is playing audio in my movies, and the click-y sounds in the menus.

How can tell what type of audio it is?
elupus did remove the source of the original bug that was was made repeatable in r17689, but at the same time added a copy-paste bug:
guilib/AudioContext.cpp:175
g_audioManager.Initialize(m_iDevice);

should read:
g_audioManager.DeInitialize(m_iDevice);
Thanks CapnBry.. I'll commit the fix.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thank you Smile
Thanks,

solved it with the latest svn (17824) and the asound.conf.
But it is still strange, because I didn't change something with the switch to 17700.

Now I only have to investigate why the Fanart backgrounds are gone with mediastream.....
hal2100 - what change did you make to asound.conf? Do you have menu sounds, stereo MP3, and surround sound? Over what interface? 17827 is failing to compile for me but as soon as I get a clean compile I will test again...

Edit: make clean; make distclean; ./configure; make -j2; sudo make install and TaDa! We have all of my audio again for the woman. A VERY big thanks guys. Now to upgrade the video driver and consider VDPAU on this box Wink
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
BLKMGK Wrote:hal2100 - what change did you make to asound.conf? Do you have menu sounds, stereo MP3, and surround sound? Over what interface? 17827 is failing to compile for me but as soon as I get a clean compile I will test again...

Edit: make clean; make distclean; ./configure; make -j2; sudo make install and TaDa! We have all of my audio again for the woman. A VERY big thanks guys. Now to upgrade the video driver and consider VDPAU on this box Wink

I see we have the same reasons to keep our HTPC up and running....

I adjusted my asound.conf to take iec958 as the default device for pcm and ctl.
Here:
pcm.!default {
type hw
card 0
device 1
}

ctl.!default {
type hw
card 0
device 1
}

The second "device 1" was missing. Seems like there was a change in alsa lately.
pyrates Wrote:Change iec958 to default. See if that fixes the problem.

this just fixed my audio device initialization failure when i went from 22528 -> 23692.
xbmc-pvr-ppa-odk68, Gentoo x86 3.0.7-pf, xorg-server-1.11.2, mesa-7.11, nvidia-drivers-290.10
lkraav Wrote:this just fixed my audio device initialization failure when i went from 22528 -> 23692.

Good to hear Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN 17700 No sound, Failed to initialized audio device.0