Is there a way to jump to a letter?
Hi guys,
When having a big library it's becoming tiresome to browse all the list.
Is there a way to jump straight to a specific letter?
Thanks Wink
yes there is , you might want to read the forum rules and search first
kobik Wrote:Hi guys,
When having a big library it's becoming tiresome to browse all the list.
Is there a way to jump straight to a specific letter?
Thanks Wink

If you're using a remote, you'll want to use "SMS" style jumping, where the "2" key is letters "A, B, and C", "3" is "D, E, and F", etc.

So, press "2" once and jump to "A", press twice, jump to "B", etc.

Place the following in keymap.xml, in the MyVideoLibrary section of the Keymap, removing the 3,6,9 volume items and mute functions that were there already.
Code:
<number2>JumpSMS2</number2>
<number3>JumpSMS3</number3>
<number4>JumpSMS4</number4>
<number5>JumpSMS5</number5>
<number6>JumpSMS6</number6>
<number7>JumpSMS7</number7>
<number8>JumpSMS8</number8>
<number9>JumpSMS9</number9>
Or, if you are using a keyboard, hold down shift and start typing.
waldo22 Wrote:If you're using a remote, you'll want to use "SMS" style jumping, where the "2" key is letters "A, B, and C", "3" is "D, E, and F", etc.

So, press "2" once and jump to "A", press twice, jump to "B", etc.

Place the following in keymap.xml
Code:
<number2>JumpSMS2</number2>
<number3>JumpSMS3</number3>
<number4>JumpSMS4</number4>
<number5>JumpSMS5</number5>
<number6>JumpSMS6</number6>
<number7>JumpSMS7</number7>
<number8>JumpSMS8</number8>
<number9>JumpSMS9</number9>

Hey all,

This is a great tip and works good. I googled for a while as to WHERE to place this in the Keymap.xml and finally found the answer on scenix of all places anyhow for those who are not sure I place it in the MyVideoLibrary section of the Keymap, removing the 3,6,9 volume items and mute functions that were there already.

You may be able to place it in the global section (remote) but I did not try that.

rgds,

Dave
I tried this and it did not work.

I placed the above mentioned lines in the global seciton and the then the myvideolibrary section and neither worked for me.

for fear of asking questions and getting replies like this...
blittan Wrote:yes there is , you might want to read the forum rules and search first
which offer nothing of any value to anyone at all, I will have to keep looking on my own for an answer.

The keyboard would not do it either for me (using shift and letter or number)

Mick
then your build must be outdated
I found the same thing with a big library. I gave myself a mission to make this work graphically using only one remote button (as I have all the number buttons mapped to global functions). I love being able to see it onscreen. Here is the post

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=225...stcount=21

I use this all the time now and wish it was a standard feature in a similar way to the way I achieved it.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
znelbok Wrote:I tried this and it did not work.

I placed the above mentioned lines in the global seciton and the then the myvideolibrary section and neither worked for me.

Mick

Mick,

What build are you using?

In the Windows build, where you place the AdvancedSettings.xml file depends on whether you are using it in "portable" mode or not (-p switch).

If it's in portable mode, you use the file that's in the directory with the XBMC binaries.

If not, it's under your user profile directory.

Maybe you changed/added the wrong one?

-Wes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to jump to a letter?2