Best way to upgrade XBMC builds?
Ok so I'm running the old/main build that's on the front page of the XBMC website and I'd like to upgrade to the latest SVN. What's the best way to do this so I won't loose all my settings a library info?
Third party builds would be the easiest, I think one is called jester? I don't know for sure though, i'm a linux fella.
Correct Jester is the one to look for he has his own thread it's easy to find
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
mrt2, the best way for you to go would be to find out when the library export function, to single files, was introduced and upgrade to that one. Export your library to single external files (.tbn for thumbs, fanart.jpg, movies/tvepisodes/tvseries.nfo, etc.). Then upgrade to the latest jester build.

I suggest this because I lost my whole library when the switch was done for the location of some files (userdata, etc.).

If you have your library information exported to external files (single files, it's important), you'd risk nothing.
Well all my data was collected using XBMC Media Companion so all my content has nfo and TBN files etc... and it's located int he same folders as the media themselves... so does this mean I should be able to upgrade to the newest build without a hassle?
Yes, that will make importing the data into the any new database very easy and fast.
Ok so aside from the .tbn and fanart.jpg suggestion are there any files in the XBMC folder that I should backup or that I should copy and overwrite the new install with? Any other files you guys recommend backing up?
So there are no other files? Thanks for the responses so far btw Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to upgrade XBMC builds?0