Is there a help file?
I was looking for an explanation of what the XBOX remote buttons do. Most I can figure out, but sometimes I just end up hitting BACK or MENU until I am back somewhere recognizable. For instance, putting up lyrics on the screen. If I want to get back to the list of MP3s, is there one button to push? Most of the time I keep hitting menu until I am finally somewhere I can move to ".." Is there a list of what the XBOX remote buttons do somewhere? I am actually using a universal remote, but have every XBOX remote button programmed into it.

Thanks,
DD.
Not only is there a help file, there is a whole manual! It can be found here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Xbo...ine_Manual and it does explain what the controller buttons do. I'm not sure if it specifically explains the DVD Remote, but the buttons are similar except fot the number pad.
Hey DareDevil,
Here is the link to the wiki page on the Xbox DVD Remote. At the bottom, it includes links that outline the functions for each "mode" (determined by what you are doing in the application).

XBMC Wiki: Xbox DVD Kit Remote Control

If I understand your question correctly, I would like to give you some more info (if it doesn't apply, just ignore Wink).
There are not nearly enough buttons on the remote to have each of XBMC's available functions represented. Alternate functions can be assigned to the buttons if you find that you have no use for the original function. For example, if you wanted to, you could set the numerical "1" button to go immediately to your song list, numerical "2" button to go immediately to your movie list, and numerical "0" to turn off your XBox.

If you'd like more info on this button reassignment, you can refer to this wiki page (and then ask around of course):

XBMC Wiki: Keymap.xml

Enjoy,

-James
Thanks for the replies. What I was looking for (and the reason I posted in the MediaStream forum) is a help file specific to mediastream. For instance, when playing MP3s, there are a number of buttons in the bottom left corner. Most I can figure out (FF, Rewind, Stop, etc.) but there are a number of custom options as well. I can figure those out by selecting them. But I still find I get lost in the options. For instance, my daughter loves the XBMC Lyrics feature, and asks constantly to play her songs with lyrics. So I pick her song, hit Menu, scroll down to System, open that choose scripts, scroll down to XBMC Lyrics, and then they appear. I recently found the option directly in Mediastream "Click here for lyrics" which is much faster. Then my son asked me to put up some of the Visualizations, which I was able to do, but then was trying to find the option to flick to the next one, etc. Then my daughter wanted the lyrics back for the next song which led to a 2-minute rash of button pushing. So what I was looking for was a MediaStream-specific help file so I wasn't flopping around so much trying to get what was asked of me on the screen.

But if there is not one, no worries. I forgot all about the XBMC wiki until you and smcnally posted about it, and even though the instructions were not built specifically for MediaStream, they are quite helpful.

Thanks,
DD.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a help file?0