• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin
davilla Wrote:gt is cross-platform. might poke around and see if there is an opengl port

Your post just lost me. They both do support opengl, but I'm not getting what you're trying to say. In any case I think gtk+ would be the better decision in the long run, it'd be one less thing to deal with (Using a qt wrapper would complicate things on the scripting side, I'm sure.) As a side note; If qt somehow did get ported to the xbox that would be amazing, but the task of doing that would be a very difficult one.
Avoni Wrote:Your post just lost me. They both do support opengl, but I'm not getting what you're trying to say. In any case I think gtk+ would be the better decision in the long run, it'd be one less thing to deal with (Using a qt wrapper would complicate things on the scripting side, I'm sure.) As a side note; If qt somehow did get ported to the xbox that would be amazing, but the task of doing that would be a very difficult one.

I think the focus should be on webkit and not the particular port (gt, gtk+, cocoa, etc). If you pick gtk+, then all platforms must use gtk+ support libs rather than platform native which becomes a pain for deployment. So to start with, pick a webkit port that is most mature on your xbmc platform of choice (osx, linux, windows) forget about xbox for now. That's a webkit port issue at can be handled later. If you think platform independent now, it's much easier to bring up another platform.
Quick google:

Paste webkit: http://pythonpaste.org/webkit/
Webware: http://www.webwareforpython.org/

Not webkit per se, but I liked the name:

Pyjamas: http://swik.net/pyjamas (or http://pyjs.org/)
davilla Wrote:I think the focus should be on webkit and not the particular port (gt, gtk+, cocoa, etc). If you pick gtk+, then all platforms must use gtk+ support libs rather than platform native which becomes a pain for deployment. So to start with, pick a webkit port that is most mature on your xbmc platform of choice (osx, linux, windows) forget about xbox for now. That's a webkit port issue at can be handled later. If you think platform independent now, it's much easier to bring up another platform.

I wasn't really thinking in specific scope with this plugin. It shouldn't really matter what port of webkit is being used as long as the user can compile it on their platform. So you're right platform independence is key. Sorry, I kind of turned this towards development discussion and it wouldn't be too useful towards the end user.

Side note: Webkit takes forever to compile on a P4 1.4 Ghz. =(
so, is the XBOX just going to be pushed aside for now? I understand all the issues and how all the other platforms need to work to, i'm just wondering if the XBOX is still on the list, just further down.

This plugin works sweet in my Ubuntu tho, so i got that going for me...

which is nice
When will the hulu plugin for xbox be fixed again. It was making such great progress and had the potential to keep the xbox relevant for a very long time. It was probably the best plug made for xbox ever.
Yes, please would like to see this work on the XBOX, thanx.

F.
rectalogic Wrote:Perhaps working more on the Adobe AIR/adl solution is a better approach (at least for Linux, Windows and Mac). That way sec.swf is running in real Flash, and the AS3 can control the user-agent headers.

I did some work with swfdec too which isn't quite working right yet, but here it is. swfdec doesn't support networking out of the box, so this requires local sec.swf.

DecryptPid.as
Code:
class DecryptPid {
    var pid:String;
    var mainmc:MovieClip;

function DecryptPid(mc:MovieClip) {
        this.mainmc = mc;
    }

function decrypt(pid:String) {
        this.pid = pid;
        var loader:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
        loader.addListener(this);
        var sec:MovieClip = _root.createEmptyMovieClip("sec", 10)
        sec._lockroot = true;
        //loader.loadClip("http://www.hulu.com/sec.swf", sec);
        loader.loadClip("sec.swf", sec);
    }

function onLoadInit(sec:MovieClip) {
        var s:String = sec.dec(this.pid);
        trace(this.pid + "  =  " + s)
    }

static function main(mc) {
        (new DecryptPid(mc)).decrypt(_root.pid);
    }
}

decrypt-pid.c
Code:
#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
#include "config.h"
#endif

#include <math.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <cairo.h>
#include <swfdec/swfdec.h>
#include <swfdec/swfdec_url.h>
#include <swfdec/swfdec_player.h>

static void trace(SwfdecPlayer *player, const char *message, void *data)
{
    fprintf(stdout, "%s\n", message);
}

int main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
    int ret = 0;
    SwfdecPlayer *player;
    SwfdecURL *url;

swfdec_init();

if (argc != 3) {
        fprintf(stderr, "Usage: %s <swf> pid=<pid>\n", argv[0]);
        return 1;
    }

player = swfdec_player_new(NULL);
    swfdec_player_set_variables(player, argv[2]);
    g_signal_connect(player, "trace", G_CALLBACK(trace), NULL);
    url = swfdec_url_new_from_input(argv[1]);
    swfdec_player_set_url(player, url);
    swfdec_url_free(url);

//while (!swfdec_player_is_initialized(player)) {
    while (1) {
        long next = swfdec_player_get_next_event(player);
        if (next < 0)
            return 1;
        swfdec_player_advance(player, next);
    }

g_object_unref(player);
    player = NULL;

return ret;
}

To compile, I used dependencies from MacPorts and compiled like:

Code:
$ gcc -o decrypt-pid -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include/cairo -I~/swfdec-0.8.4/installed/include/swfdec-0.8 -L~/swfdec-0.8.4/installed/lib -L/opt/local/lib -lswfdec-0.8 -lgobject-2.0 decrypt-pid.c

(swfdec is also in MacPorts, but I had built a local copy independent)

The above app runs forever, need a way to exit when finished - maybe in the trace print?

To run, need to compile DecryptPid.swf and curl sec.swf local then:

Code:
$ ./decrypt-pid ../DecryptPid.swf pid=f59f3f3cea444f31822baa4430fa4b298c7eddd65d204312649f42cccd2c6f46~5e7f306abe00bb2ee692cb1bb8521bbd119c244eea968997ab8f06cdbe3308f9
f59f3f3cea444f31822baa4430fa4b298c7eddd65d204312649f42cccd2c6f46~5e7f306abe00bb2ee692cb1bb8521bbd119c244eea968997ab8f06cdbe3308f9  =  CenhHPToxETiRRlM5hs5_Ing3wWeK6wJ

Are you planning on committing these to the current plugin or is this just something you're toying with as a possibility at the moment?
Another vote for Xbox porting here but the changes that need to be made should probaly directed at adding gnash or webkit porting to XBMC for Xbox itself and not through a Python plugin .
Big Grin 
I’m not the programmer type but I certainly would like to give this plug-in a try; however, I have no idea how to compile gnash so I a SOL. Does anyone know where one could get precompiled packages of their SVN snapshots for Linux and Windows?

Thanks,
Slice
Hi guys...
very new to all this Hulu stuff...
So I put the Hulu plugin (which i got here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=286...tcount=583) with SSH into the frontrow of the appletv...
I start xbmc and go to video plugin...starting Hulu...
I get a list of all the TvShows and Movies curently on Hulu...
But when I start a movie, he says that he is retrieving information, but doesn't start the movie...he come straight back...
Is this because I am in Europe?
What should be my next step to get this to work?
Do I need to use gnash? How?
Hope someone can help me...I really don't understand a lot of these things:-(
Thanks
slicemaster Wrote:I’m not the programmer type but I certainly would like to give this plug-in a try; however, I have no idea how to compile gnash so I a SOL. Does anyone know where one could get precompiled packages of their SVN snapshots for Linux and Windows?

Thanks,
Slice

google

jhonny30 Wrote:Hi guys...
very new to all this Hulu stuff...
So I put the Hulu plugin (which i got here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=286...tcount=583) with SSH into the frontrow of the appletv...
I start xbmc and go to video plugin...starting Hulu...
I get a list of all the TvShows and Movies curently on Hulu...
But when I start a movie, he says that he is retrieving information, but doesn't start the movie...he come straight back...
Is this because I am in Europe?
What should be my next step to get this to work?
Do I need to use gnash? How?
Hope someone can help me...I really don't understand a lot of these things:-(
Thanks

read the first post
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:I think the real story that too many people are ignoring is that hulu devs are rickrolling us. THIS WILL NOT STAND. Rofl

So does the plugin work ? The quote above makes me think that it is not functioning..

Since it seems there is a back and forth between xbmc dev and hulu dev, it might be helpful to have a "Current Status" in the First post. Like Hulu Plugin is currently functioning (and perhaps mention some caveats)

Thanks for the all the hard work!
-G
I actually haven't looked at it in a few days, anyone else care to comment?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:I actually haven't looked at it in a few days, anyone else care to comment?

Well, nothing new has been checked in. I'm working on simplifying subscriptions and doing some code cleanup, refactoring to common functions and the like, but nothing that actually plays videos (as I have no expertise in that space). Perhaps rectalogic can enlighten us?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin1