Issue with libx264 and other libraries (Intrepid)
Hello,

I am running a Ubuntu Intrepid box and trying to install XBMC on it.

Right now I had no luck with installing from the PPA, so I tried compiling from source. In order to get support for wanted libraries right, I had to install libx264-59, libx264-dev, libfaac etc.

When I do a ./configure it seems that XBMC isn't able to find those libraries.

For example: "libx264 enabled no"

Same with other libraries, such as libfaac and others. I checked for the libx264.h file and apparently it is available within /usr/include/ , same with other libraries and header files.

Right now I am kind of stuck. Does anyone have experience with this? What might be causing this issue? Help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Apparently this is also the case with a new clean Debian Lenny (Stable) install.

Anyone here who is familiar with this issue?
Welcome to the forums.

You need to manually enable faac which is completely unnecessary (aac encoder). We don't use libx264 at all, so you must be reading that from one of our deps. It probably needs manually enabled there too, but XBMC won't make use of it anyway.
Hello, thank you very much.

How can it be that the list of "Enabled Encoders:" is empty when doing a ./configure ?

I am also wondering, if XBMC doesn't use the libx264 libraries, what does it use for x264 movie format (encoding) ?
Presumably you're talking about ffmpegs configure... We don't enable encoders because all we do is playback (decode) not encode. Of course theres an exception for cdripping, but we use lame for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with libx264 and other libraries (Intrepid)0