XBMC & Relax Problems
just to add i kept a back up copy of the previous version of xbmc, and went to use this, and this now has the same problem.

i can't understand why as this i was working fine before?
i've had no trouble accessing my shares, but there is something else that's pretty weird... in the my videos screen, if i go to a share, and then a folder on that shares, i don't see any files in that folder. this only manifests itself in the my videos section, the my music section works as expected. it is the same for both xns and xbmsp.
im having heaps of trouble getting xbmc to stream my media...ive tried a # of things but cant seem to get it to work

the .xml i have is difficult to understand!!

could someone email me a copy of thier .xml which has been succesful streaming media with relax
i am having the same problems with relax and xbmc.... i am using the same settings and address as in my xbmp.... xbmc will go into the server cuz i see relax picks it up but when i am in and stry to access my folder it sends me back to the videos menu.....i am not using the ip address that comes already in place in the xml file... would i have to change my computers ip to get it to go in the files.....any help would be awesome.... thanx
it doesnt seem to be just me, but relax and xbmc are not working too well together at all.
and when i do find a syntax that seems to work for streaming like in xbmp it only works for a bit then stops. there doesnt seem to be any pattern in why it does and doesnt work.
im hope that this will be rectified in a non-alpha build of xbmc.
other then that it seems to be progressing nicely.
have exact same problem - i use linux version of ccxstream. it works fine under xbmp, but under xmbc it will only display files in the root of the shares. browsing sub-folders is a no no. i can see the sub folders, but it won't display any content of these folders....  Sad
problem solved as of build 2003-11-08 :d

directories now browse recursively and files are visible. thanks :d
(zap brannigan @ nov. 10 2003,17:32 Wrote:problem solved as of build 2003-11-08  :d

directories now browse recursively and files are visible. thanks  :d
are you sure about that?  it doesn't work correctly with relax shares for me with the 11/08 build.  in fact i spent yesterday evening fixing it and was about to submit the fix, but if it works for you i'm going to have to look again.  any way you could check relax on your setup and see if that works?

btw, the problem working with relax is when you specify shares as $root/$music or similar. relax sends back the directory listings with full path names and when xbmc tries to browse a directory on that list it gets confused because the name doesn't match any of its shares.

you can get around it by specifying shares with a path name, but that stops you from doing virtual directories with multiple real directories inside like you can with "named" shares.

thanks.

/meghead
sorry meghead - i use ccxstream rather than relax, because i stream using linux as the host os. Sad

i posted under this thread because the problem with relax appeared to be same symptoms as issue with ccxstream. Huh

my "it works now" was meant to say "it works now with ccxstream"...
i have had this very problem ever since xbmc came out.  it would be nice to hear that one of the programmers is aware of this problem and working on it.  can anyone let us know if this relax issue is being addressed?

recap: it doesn't matter which menu you enter (music, videos, pictures), when you select a folder it kicks you back out to the root.  

i select movies
then select and sub folder (comedy)
i am now back out to movies

relax is set up properly and works ok with xbmp.  i have changed the layout as instructed in these forums, but it does not work!

i appreciate all you guys do for this program, xbmp is truly a work of art, i just wish this would work ... but, currently it doesn't.  thanks in advance for the info...
both relax & ccxstream work fine with xbmc.
but dont blindly copy your settings from xbmp -> xbmc
xbmc has a different xboxmediacenter.xml then xbmp
look @ the sample xboxmediacenter.xml file. this shows you how 2 add xns (relax) and xbms(ccxstream) shares.

there's 1 bug with relax and thats going up/back to parent directories. i've contacted raforce (author of relax) and he promised to fix it

so please look @ the sample xboxmediacenter.xml file.
and dont copy stuff from xbm->xbmc

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
(frodo @ nov. 16 2003,08:55 Wrote:look @ the sample xboxmediacenter.xml file. this shows you how 2 add xns (relax) and xbms(ccxstream) shares.

so please look @ the sample xboxmediacenter.xml file.
and dont copy stuff from xbm->xbmc

frodo
this is from 2003-11-17 and the example xns isnt telling anything of how to come into sub relax shares...

this is from the org. config.xml

<bookmark>
<name>xns</name>
<path>xns://192.168.0.1:1400/</path>
</bookmark>

i think all of us can connect to our relax servers but we cant add specific shares...

i would like this to work...

<bookmark>
<name>xns</name>
<path>xns://192.168.0.1:1400/$root$movies</path>
</bookmark>

but it dont...
try something like this

<bookmark>
<name>network (xns)</name>
<path>xns://192.168.1.100:1400/d:/music</path>
</bookmark>
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
Quote:i would like this to work...

<bookmark>
<name>xns</name>
<path>xns://192.168.0.1:1400/$root$movies</path>
</bookmark>

like i said $root$ is not supported by xbmc

Quote:try something like this

<bookmark>
<name>network (xns)</name>
<path>xns://192.168.1.100:1400/d:/music</path>
</bookmark>
actually i would try:

<path>xns://192.168.1.100:1400/d:\music</path>

frodo

XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
Quote:actually i would try:

<path>xns://192.168.1.100:1400/d:\music</path>

frodo

d:/music works fine for me...
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC & Relax Problems0