• 4(current)
XBox Component Video Cable Options for High-Definiton Output (enable 480p/720p/1080i)
The Xbox is more than capable of 5.1.... it made the sound output of its competitor at the time PS2 look like Blip Tenis!

Audio processor: NVIDIA "MCPX" (a.k.a. SoundStorm "NVAPU")
64 3D sound channels (up to 256 stereo voices)
HRTF Sensaura 3D enhancement
MIDI DLS2 Support
Monaural, Stereo, Dolby Surround, Dolby Digital Live 5.1, and DTS Surround
Thank you, I assumed it was capable but then was second guessing myself. Hopefully that adapter will show up in the next couple days so I can feed 5.1 to my receiver!
IXOS cables arrived today: good construction quality (maybe not as good as the monster cable of a friend of mine), no ghosting. Worth the small price if you don't mind 5.1 (you could always buy adapters on ebay)
The cable from ebay showed up today and it really makes the difference with Aeon. The build quality seems a little light, but it functions beautifully. Using it to send 720p signal to a Magnavox 50" DLP set. Text in Aeon used to be blurry and almost unreadable, but now it's crystal clear. I was a little worried it was going to be a bust for as cheap as it was but it works great. I have the optical cable going to my Onkyo receiver and sounds great.would suggest this to anyone looking for a HD cable for your HDTV or for digital audio support.
tbergman Wrote:The cable from ebay showed up today and it really makes the difference with Aeon. The build quality seems a little light, but it functions beautifully. Using it to send 720p signal to a Magnavox 50" DLP set. Text in Aeon used to be blurry and almost unreadable, but now it's crystal clear. I was a little worried it was going to be a bust for as cheap as it was but it works great. I have the optical cable going to my Onkyo receiver and sounds great.would suggest this to anyone looking for a HD cable for your HDTV or for digital audio support.

unfortunately their quality is really poor compared to ixos, monster and microsoft. i had the occasion to play with two different cables bought on ebay and the differenxce with the previous listed is widely visible... cheap ebay cables suffer of ghosting around text and the colors are not so vibrant as tte quality cables. I would not raccomend anyone to buy ebay cables
Is there a setting option that enables 720p on the XBOX?

I just picked up a set of Component HDTV cables w/ Digital Output for the XBOX and want to ensure its utilizing the cables to their utmost capacity.

Any insight into this is greatly appreciated.
yes their is settings to enable HD in XBMC and on the OG dash .. in XBMC its under settings / appearance.
You also need to switch your Xbox to NTSC if its PAL - google enigma switch disk

Anyone not running their Xbox in 720p is really missing out IMO
I was just playing around with my XBOX HDTV cables and settings and cant seem to make my XBOX 720p mode.

I verified my current screen resolution under Settings and its states it as follows:
- Screen Resolution 720x480 NTSC 4:3

I noticed there is setting under System -> LCD (wasnt sure if I need to do anything here so I left it to OFF)

I enabled the Video Hardware to Widescreen and clicked on 480p 720p and 1080i

I went under System -> Appearance -> Resolution and its set to Auto. When I go to recalibrate my screen its still set to NTSC 4:3. I changed the Auto setting to 16:9 720p and then the screen goes black completely. If I change it to another setting under Auto it goes blank and I cant use XBMC at all.

Anyhow, I thought I would ask if Im missing a step here or am not doing something properly. I would imagine the changing of Auto to 16:9 on my XBOX would allow or change the hardware to output 720p.

If anyone can let me know what Im doing wrong here or not doing, I would greatly appreciate it.

My XBOX has a softmod on it and I did change and verify in EVOX the video settings and its set to NTSC-M and 480p 720p and 1080i options were set to YES.
Grupy,

I had the same problem. I tried most variation in system and appearance setting, but whenever I moved to 480p or above, I'd get a blank screen.

Long story short, I loaded up the latest T3CH build in a temporary directory to test it out. When I rebooted, thereby returning to Babylon, it was in 720p.

The next challenge is to get a decent set of component adapters. It turns out that the "MadCatz" XBOB HD adapter I picked up a year ago can't handle 720p. When set to 720p or 1080i all images and text appear with a drop-shadow or double-image that makes it unwatchable.

There's no method or logic to the above, but I hope this helps!

Chris
I have self-made an HDCable starting from the standard cable.
I have added the coassial digital output for my DTS Decoder and the 3 composite cable (Green / Pb / Pr ) and all version of XBMC i have tested works fine. Have you launched the xbox dashboard and set the high resolution?
Could you describe how you made the cable and post pictures or a link to pictures and instructions on how to make the cable.

Thanks
monobalistic Wrote:Grupy,

I had the same problem. I tried most variation in system and appearance setting, but whenever I moved to 480p or above, I'd get a blank screen.

Long story short, I loaded up the latest T3CH build in a temporary directory to test it out. When I rebooted, thereby returning to Babylon, it was in 720p.

The next challenge is to get a decent set of component adapters. It turns out that the "MadCatz" XBOB HD adapter I picked up a year ago can't handle 720p. When set to 720p or 1080i all images and text appear with a drop-shadow or double-image that makes it unwatchable.

There's no method or logic to the above, but I hope this helps!

Chris

Which T3CH build are you running when you tested this? I was thinking of trying the same thing as you mentioned to be on the safe side and see how my XBOX performs.

Also, Im using the Psyclone XBOX Component with Digital Audio out and from what I read these cables are quite good and should do 720p.
Hey Grupy,

I FTP'd T3CH's 2009-09-27 build to a temp directory on E and used the XBMC file browxer to launched the newer XBE file. I do this to test new builds. After shutting down and restarting - which brought up the original install (2009-06-01 9.04.1-FIXED-Babylon), 720 just worked.

Just found an original Microsoft HD pack at a local Game Stop for $10. It's used, but in good shape. Can't wait to get home to try it!
monobalistic Wrote:Hey Grupy,

I FTP'd T3CH's 2009-09-27 build to a temp directory on E and used the XBMC file browxer to launched the newer XBE file. I do this to test new builds. After shutting down and restarting - which brought up the original install (2009-06-01 9.04.1-FIXED-Babylon), 720 just worked.

Just found an original Microsoft HD pack at a local Game Stop for $10. It's used, but in good shape. Can't wait to get home to try it!

Im going to test this out tonight as I would love to get my XBOX displaying 720p. Im using the Psyclone cables, am sure they display 720p.

When you say 720p worked, as there a certain setting you changed and how did you confirm 720p? When I go into Info I noticed my screen is set to 720x468 NTSC 4:3 despite having enabled 480p 720p and 1080i.

How did those cables work for you?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBox Component Video Cable Options for High-Definiton Output (enable 480p/720p/1080i)1