• 7(current)
XBox Component Video Cable Options for High-Definiton Output (enable 480p/720p/1080i)
Stop buying cheap cables people, you're gonna use them for years, or otherwise prepare for long nights on the forums :-) Get Monster GameLink 400X from eBay...
Dan Dare Wrote:Stop buying cheap cables people, you're gonna use them for years, or otherwise prepare for long nights on the forums :-) Get Monster GameLink 400X from eBay...

I would have bought them if it had digital audio output.........

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Game Monster 400X requires a separate cable - LightWave™ 100X - for Dolby Digital Surround Sound. http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=1528
Dan Dare Wrote:Stop buying cheap cables people, you're gonna use them for years, or otherwise prepare for long nights on the forums :-) Get Monster GameLink 400X from eBay...

Yeah, but I refuse to buy anything that says Monster...
Hi guys!
Few months ago I self-made an Advanced HD cable starting from the standard one. Yesterday I buyed this cable (Konig) on ebay. What do you things about that? The quality is good and best of my self-made cable?

(sorry for my english..Smile

Last night I tried the cable and with great surprise I discovered that the quality is worse than the cable made by me. It has a large ghost-effect especially from a change from white to black. That made me, by comparison, is considerably better. Sad
tbergman Wrote:Yeah, but I refuse to buy anything that says Monster...

Same here! Down with the Monster. Nod

I have also made my own component adapter. I'll see about posting a quick how-to here within the next few weeks.
The Konig cable is fine for SD and digital audio but it's utter rubbish at HD the ghosting is terrible.

PS. It is slightly better if your tv has all the connections the cable has. So although it has 2 sets of cables plug them ALL in, s-video, the lot, and the ghosting is less on my tv anyway.
Same here, the ghosting is MUCH lesser on the Konig cable if You plug in the S-video cable also - but still use the Component input ofcourse.
What would the reason be that plugging in the S-video cable reduces ghosting on the component output?

Just wondering since I got a JoyTech brand cable, which is switchable between composite and component output. I got one, and the ghosting was horrible, so I sent it back for replacement. The new one ghosts just as badly. I'm disappointed, because it has digital audio out and I wanted to hook that up to my receiver... but I can't deal with the ghosting.

I'll try plugging in the S-video cable...
This was an issue with my component lead i got 5 year ago. the s-video had to be pluged in aswell, even though it wasnt used. something to do with voltage feedback. thats what you get for using cheap non official cables.

still works great for me though. i dont get any ghosting at all with the s-video plugged in.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBox Component Video Cable Options for High-Definiton Output (enable 480p/720p/1080i)1