copying Home.xml from PAL to NTSC folder results in screen cut off
Using PM3, when I copy PAL/Home.xml to NTSC/Home.xml, and view the home screen, the bottom part of the screen that contains the favorite and power button is cut off.

The files are exactly the same and my screen resolution is "NTSC 4:3".
Without NTSC/Home.xml it falls back to PAL/Home.xml, so it should look the same with and without it in NTSC, but this is not the case :confused2:

Happens in both Windows and Xbox.

Anyone know why?
--
edit: I just realized a possible explanation. When XBMC falls back to PAL/Home.xml it probably auto-adjusts the positions and sizes so everything fits in NTSC resolution the same way it does in PAL. When I copy Home.xml to NTSC, it does NOT auto-adjust the positions and sizes, so the bottom gets cut off.

---
I was right about XBMC adjusting the sizes. More searching resulted in this post by jmarshall:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=17577

Indeed. The obvious question is: Why would you want to do this?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I modified a few files in the PAL folder and wanted to just release them, instructing users to put the files in their NTSC folder, so they did not have to backup their originals. I did not about think the resolution difference all the way through.
Ah - gotcha. Multiplying any y coord by 5/6 will do the trick ofcourse (though it will only work for NTSC users, obviously).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
copying Home.xml from PAL to NTSC folder results in screen cut off0