• 8(current)
XBMC Live 8.10.2 Beta1
whoa! Finally a comment for the wiki page... Smile Tks, amended the paragraph.

As per your error, if you look at the code you can see that you should not need the script in /usr/share/pdk tree since the code looks for /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts first, and you should have a proper script there.

Don't give up!
l.capriotti Wrote:whoa! Finally a comment for the wiki page... Smile Tks, amended the paragraph.

As per your error, if you look at the code you can see that you should not need the script in /usr/share/pdk tree since the code looks for /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts first, and you should have a proper script there.

Don't give up!

Luigi,

Right, that is what I am saying, I run MIC from terminal, and as soon as I hit create project, it goes to the

/usr/share/pdk/debootstrap-scripts folder and returns with error that no jaunty script was found, and then tries to create the rootstrap and just keeps looping, sleep 30 tries again sleep 30 then tries again.

Are you running MIC 0.49. I am running this on intrepid 8.10.

Dave
On Intrepid, I am using V48 from .deb:

Quote:$ apt-cache policy moblin-image-creator
moblin-image-creator:
Installed: 0.48
Candidate: 0.48
Version table:
*** 0.48 0
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
0.44+repack-0ubuntu13 0
500 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com intrepid/universe Packages

Do you have the file /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/jaunty ?
l.capriotti Wrote:On Intrepid, I am using V48 from .deb:

Do you have the file /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/jaunty ?

I do not have a jaunty script in that directory, I have everything in there but jaunty.

Dave
did you install package "debootstrap" ?
Quote:$ apt-file search /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/jaunty
debootstrap: /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/jaunty
l.capriotti Wrote:did you install package "debootstrap" ?

Yes, I also had to use sudo apt-get install -f for some of the other packaages required to get all the dependants of those as well.

Can I purge debootstrap and reinstall or will it just install the stored package with the same files.

Dave
Hey Luigi,

I downloaded the debootstrap.deb 1.0.12 and dpkg --extract to a tempdirectory and then copied the script oer to the right directory and it is building the project now. I have no idea how that script got deleted OR it installed the wrong version.deb of debootstrap.

I am pretty sure I was here before and at this point it would download all the files to the project and then give me an errno21 error of "is a directory".

Dave
runtime Wrote:Having examined the log file the problem appears to occur in modifyGrubMenu; the file it's attempting to open (menu.lst) is not present
it seems like a previous step did not complete; usually it's a faulty read from CD - so common, so annoying.
You may want to try to build the liveUSB from a regular Ubuntu desktop (also a LiveCD will work.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 8.10.2 Beta10