• 2(current)
XBMC Live 8.10.2 Beta1
There is a typo on the wiki page for this.
"... for that set-top-box felling" should be "... for that set-top-box feeling". I don't have ninja status so I can't fix it, or I would have.
Regarding my previous problem. I have downloaded the iso again, this time install worked without any problems. But it still doesnt want to boot after install. It shows its starting the ui then it just reboots. Any idea on how to fix this. Is this the same problem as with the previous version, where i have to use the changed xorg.conf file on the image to install with?
FreddyKrueger Wrote:About the remote, can you confirm the wrong keymapping of the "Play" key, or am i just a plain dumbass.. Confused
confirmed. Puzzling at the beginning, but after a while I got used to it...
3guk Wrote:Anyone found that with intrepid the core utilization seems a bit out of whack, on the older version of XBMCLive my rig dropped 5 frames on the killasampler but now it drops around 79 just by updating to this version.

Anyone else got this ?
you bet! There is a big discussion going on, follow this thread.
Sn00zE Wrote:But it still doesnt want to boot after install. It shows its starting the ui then it just reboots.

Start in safe mode and try to see what's going on and where it's failing.
l.capriotti Wrote:Start in safe mode and try to see what's going on and where it's failing.

Did that as well. It goes through everthing, just cant remember what is the last bit but then the screen turns blue and it stops at the logon screen. i logged in with xbmc and tried launching the gui from there but just get a bunch of errors. Will try again tonight after work and report back.. thanks for the help.. Smile
Sn00zE Wrote:i logged in with xbmc and tried launching the gui from there but just get a bunch of errors. Will try again tonight after work and report back.. thanks for the help.. Smile
You need to find your way in configuring Xorg; if you have a working xorg.conf, obtained with an Ubuntu liveCD perhaps, place it in a directory called "config" on root of the flash drive, and it will be used automatically.
l.capriotti Wrote:the process seems to be correct, it must be something with the commands ou are using.
Since you are able to go that far, wouldn't be more appropriate to try to build XBMC Live yourself using the Wiki instructions? Wink

In Intrepid, as a root, I did followings;

1. extract rootfs.img with iso master.
2. mount -o loop ./rootfs.img /media/mount
3. cp -Rp * ~/disk/ in /media/mount/
4. mksquashfs ./ ~/image/rootfs.img -noappend in ~/disk/
5. put rootfs.img in iso with iso master.

This time, for test, I didn't touch a single file. just extract rootfs.img and remake it.
It is still not boot.

I tried to follow the guide on wiki to build from scratch. It is kind of beyond my head. I barely install moblin image creator which does not run even after some dependency installation.
hi

i can't seem to get this version to install on the hdd ... i had no prob. with the last release!!

I can boot just fine into normal and safe mode, no errors ... but when i try to install to hdd, nothing is installed ... I reach to point where i need to choose which disk i want to install it on, without problems ... then I notice "copying system files - can take a while..." only takes about 2-3 sec (no errors displayed) and then it moves on to "installing grub..." .... and when i reboot i only get a grub console on boot upHuh almost like it never installed the system files Huh

My ODD is a sata drive detected as sr0, i have tried to download the zip file 4 times, burned it with 2 different software and with 2 different CD-RW. no luck same problem!! Confused

I have also tried burning and installing the last release again, without any problems Huh

do anybody have any idea what is going on!

many greetings
c_bb
any luck in installing onto a removable disk?
hi

i just tried running following , as described in the readme, command from the console (after installed the last release)

sudo python installXBMC.py -i XBMCLive.iso

it comes out with the error:

File: XBMCLive.iso is not a valid ISO image, exiting...

could this be the origin to the problem??

many greetings
c_bb
havn't tried to install it on a removable disk? don't have any Confused other than the cd's im burning on to already!!
I meant USB flash disks for example.
Cool_bombom Wrote:hi

i can't seem to get this version to install on the hdd ... i had no prob. with the last release!!

I can boot just fine into normal and safe mode, no errors ... but when i try to install to hdd, nothing is installed ... I reach to point where i need to choose which disk i want to install it on, without problems ... then I notice "copying system files - can take a while..." only takes about 2-3 sec (no errors displayed) and then it moves on to "installing grub..." .... and when i reboot i only get a grub console on boot upHuh almost like it never installed the system files Huh

My ODD is a sata drive detected as sr0, i have tried to download the zip file 4 times, burned it with 2 different software and with 2 different CD-RW. no luck same problem!! Confused

I have also tried burning and installing the last release again, without any problems Huh

do anybody have any idea what is going on!

many greetings
c_bb

i have the same problem. tried to sata, ide and usb drives. have a solution?
l.capriotti Wrote:I meant USB flash disks for example.

hi l.capriotti ... i don't have any, sorry .. so no!

cwalker Wrote:i have the same problem. tried to sata, ide and usb drives. have a solution?

i havn't found a solution ... can you get the installXBMC.py script to work??

many greetings
c_bb
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 8.10.2 Beta10