Request: FireFox for XBMC
Disregard
Ridiculous. You claim to have no free time to answer for the 30th time. You've had plenty of time to post your arrogance throughout this thread over and over. You don't know how many times I've searched through this forum only to get close to a question that resembles mine and find that some jerk bag says the same stuff as you. Thanks for nothing. Instead of some sarcastic comment about the search bar at the top of the page, why don't you just post-nothing at all? It would equate to the same thing.
jpoulin Wrote:Ridiculous. You claim to have no free time to answer for the 30th time. You've had plenty of time to post your arrogance throughout this thread over and over. You don't know how many times I've searched through this forum only to get close to a question that resembles mine and find that some jerk bag says the same stuff as you. Thanks for nothing. Instead of some sarcastic comment about the search bar at the top of the page, why don't you just post-nothing at all? It would equate to the same thing.

Awesome first post...

What a sunny disposition you have.No
Lol!

EDIT: In all honesty, these things need said from time to time. I used to say it A LOT more often. Those of you coming from the commercial software world have a certain set of expectations about how things *should* work. This is not how we do it in the opensource world. Support comes from the community, and you're expected to do your part to be "accepted". Sure you may be new to all of this, but that doesn't mean you get to be lazy. We were all new once. If using the search button and reading a bit isn't for you, I'm sure someone is willing to sell you an inferior product complete with handholding foreign tech support at some ridiculous price.
I don't know. I clicked the search and found this.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35739

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but I think I might have 10seconds of effort into it.
kizer Wrote:I don't know. I clicked the search and found this.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35739

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but I think I might have 10seconds of effort into it.

Clearly that is far too much to expect from users at the prices we charge.
@kizer....thanks for answering.At least you kept it simple and respectful.

Just about everyone on this page has a attitude problem.If your patience is wearing thin,don't bring your problems here.People use this "we developers" excuse around every turn.People are new and deserve a better response than this.

You guys act like you have to team up on people and be witty to get each others respect?You make it seem like this guy asking questions is the worst thing that has happened to you.YOU DON'T HAVE TO RESPOND!!!!!!

If you don't want to answer or are sick of answering just simply stop!!!!

I am sure you will all have some kind of come back and you will probably make me look small in some way.I don't care.If being as experienced as you guys leads to being a ass.....no thanks.

A lot of you guys around here do have respect for us not so experienced users.We appreciate it and thanks for being patient.
This is exactly why I had "disregard" on my post. The question has yet to be answered, but yet I feel like in some 'round a bout' way they have. I'm confused.

Back on topic, can you or can't you have firefox on your xbmc for xboxHuh simple answer, please..

I say Xbox, because why in the earth would you need it on the PC through XBMC??!!

Hell, that is another problem I have. PLEASE tell the platform you are using when stating "I need a plugin of whatever" I'm not a programmer, at all, but I know this is information that I would need...

IE: I tryed a certain plugin, and it doesn't work, need help

Sorry to rant (if it was one) but simple answers to simple questions, is what my dad told me...
FivemagicS Wrote:This is exactly why I had "disregard" on my post. The question has yet to be answered, but yet I feel like in some 'round a bout' way they have. I'm confused.

Back on topic, can you or can't you have firefox on your xbmc for xboxHuh simple answer, please..

yes you can have firefox on xbox, but it has to run from inside linux since it requires dependencies that the xbox and xbmc do not have. try looking up xdsl which is a small version of linux ported to the xbox. i tried doing it today and screwed up my video settings and it took me 3 hours to get it back to normal.

here's the guide i followed: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=678181

be careful not to mess around with the video settings because they permanently change your xbox's bios so that it affects the start up splash screen, xbmc, and even xbox games.

once you do get everything installed, the version of firefox that you use is outdated and the version of flash that uses the least amount of memory is also an old version which could be a security risk and if you want to watch hulu or something, it doesn't play correctly because the hardware just isn't there.

you could try googling "linksbox" which is a browser ported to the xbox. it's very simplistic and doesn't do flash, but you can check forums, email, and other simple pages without too much trouble.

to get linksbox, search google for it since i can't put a link to it here. search for the "usual places" which is all i can say. another way to get linksbox on your system is to get Navi-X which is a script. inside the script, go to Navi-X Media Portal-> Navi-Xtra Media Portal -> Kaerf's place -> Kaerfs Xbox Apps -> LinksBox and install it from there.

hope this helps you out.
Thank you for that.. We all needed that..

Again, thank you.
Exclamation 
NodAlso you can browse the web with something called linksbox without booting linux dsl.It just goes in your application directory where dvd2xbox is located.Not easy to communicate how to get it,so i suggest Google if you don't know the usual places,(not in this forum).
After reading this, I just wanted to add that it is true most developers are intolerant of people asking simple questions. I think the answer to both side of the argument is "patience", because without it we simply have people being impatient and rude. If someone asks a question, it's fair to expect an answer. Realize however nothing in life is guaranteed! The more you empower yourself, the less you have to rely on someone else. Just remember if your browsing the forums and you find a question you don't want to answer, then DON'T ANSWER THE QUESTION. It will save us all the trouble in the long run.

iRoNBiLL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request: FireFox for XBMC0