Working in XBMC SVN with TortoiseSVN is terribly slow
I don't know if this is the right place for this question, sorry if it's not...

I've been trying to get my way around at compiling XBMC from source and for that, I use TortoiseSVN to work with XBMC SVN.

I don't know if this is just me, but every time I do an update, merge a branch, browser the repository, etc etc, every action is incredible slow... Is this normal or is something wrong in my end?
That's SF for ya, welcome to the club. Tortoise has become a particuarly bloated and crappy app in recent years though, so that could be compounding problems.
I never did work with SF in the past that's for sure, I only worked with SVN repos localy, but it is really terribly slow, I don't think it's normal.

I have no idea what could be the cause, but I don't believe it's Tortoise fault... May be, but I don't think so.
I use both tortoise in windows and the standard command line interface in linux pretty much equally these days, and neither is noticeably faster than the other.

you can always just install the 'real' svn for windows to see if that helps...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
I have aso noticed that TortoiseSVN is slow to get updates as well. In Linux, it is alot faster to update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working in XBMC SVN with TortoiseSVN is terribly slow0