[MOD] Now Playing Tab Mod
VegasPete Wrote:Well StratMangler, it seems my install is doing this now. It didn't until I installed the XBMC 9.04 Babylon Alpha 1 t3ch release from 4-4. Still not sure what to do about it, but I'm reproducing it now. Wink
Pete.
Hi i have just downloaded the same revision. i will let ya know if i have the same problem
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Just looked at mine.. My build from last week displays it ok, but I have the same issue with the latest.. Not sure what's changed since then.. Oo
paul Wrote:Thats strange have just had a look at my Horizon mod on xbox and it looks like thishttp://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?q...ym&thumb=5
I would suggest you reinstall the skin and if that does not work maybe download another copy to see if it still does it.
Are you using one of my mods?
And what are you running it on?
Not using one of your mods, but I am, as you can see, using the old frames from V3.

VegasPete Wrote:Well StratMangler, it seems my install is doing this now. It didn't until I installed the XBMC 9.04 Babylon Alpha 1 t3ch release from 4-4. Still not sure what to do about it, but I'm reproducing it now. Wink
Cool. So does that mean that you're working on fixing this problem so I can use it with more recent revisions, then? I'd hate to have to stick with Atlantis just to use this very cool mod. Oo

Tension113 Wrote:Just looked at mine.. My build from last week displays it ok, but I have the same issue with the latest.. Not sure what's changed since then.. Oo
Not sure either, but then again it might take a while to figure things out, unless we check into the changelog. Since I didn't program it, I'll leave this to VP, but hopefully the changelogs points to specific files that were changed. Since this mod uses 3 XML files, it could take some time, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it gets fixed real soon. Nod
Tension and Paul,
Have you tried to revert your 4-4 build to something older? I ask because I spent last night trying to go to an earlier build and it wouldn't load my database. Maybe I just botched something, but I want to know if you have that problem too? Oh, I reinstalled 4-4 t3ch and my DB is fine again, but I use the music section more than anything and this glitch is killing me!!!!
Pete.
VegasPete Wrote:Tension and Paul,
Have you tried to revert your 4-4 build to something older? I ask because I spent last night trying to go to an earlier build and it wouldn't load my database. Maybe I just botched something, but I want to know if you have that problem too? Oh, I reinstalled 4-4 t3ch and my DB is fine again, but I use the music section more than anything and this glitch is killing me!!!!
Pete.
Well i have the same glitch using the 4-4 build, but to be honest i won't be rolling backwards
As this build works far better with My xbox version of Aeon StarkSmile
You can try this..

http://www.mediafire.com/?zijlanmtzmt

I did a quick fix and it's ok for me, but backup your old commoncontent.xml maybe first.. I've made so many changes to this skin that I don't know if this will effect anything else for you.. Just stick it in the 720p folder..

I still have older builds installed on my system, so I was able to check it on a few.. Still not sure why it worked then and not now, but it's good for me now..
Paul, I'll try stark again on the xbox if you think it's working better under this build. I didn't have much luck w/ it the 1st time I tried it, but I'm using it on my pc and love it.

Tension, thanks. I'll try your patch. what exactly did you change to get it to work? I figured the thumbs weren't showing because of a memory problem w/ the new build and I was just gonna wait for the next t3ch build.

Pete.
Memory problems shouldn't factor in considering I'm using Horizonz on a PC & not an Xbox.
VegasPete Wrote:Paul, I'll try stark again on the xbox if you think it's working better under this build. I didn't have much luck w/ it the 1st time I tried it, but I'm using it on my pc and love it.

Tension, thanks. I'll try your patch. what exactly did you change to get it to work? I figured the thumbs weren't showing because of a memory problem w/ the new build and I was just gonna wait for the next t3ch build.

Pete.
I just recently uploaded an updated version of stark an it's getting better
Just tried Tension113's file and it does restore cover art properly, but the pop-up that describes/reviews the album doesn't show up, so... Sad
Ahh.. Didn't realize Pete made changes to that file.. I'll fix it up when I get in from work..
The 3 files there were changes to for this mod were :

- CommonContent.XML
- Includes.XML
- MusicVisualisation.XML

Restoring the CommonContent.XML file basically proved that this is where the artwork display problem occurs, but since I'm no programmer, it could potentially be something in the other 2 files interacting with the changes made in CommonContent.XML that's creating this problem.

VegasPete, assuming this mod is fixed at some point, how can you manually set things so that each album gets a review to appear? Queen's "A Night At The Opera" works fine, but almost all of my other albums don't have reviews popping up even if they're basically named properly (i.e. The Beatles' "Abbey Road").
Tension, that's why I was asking what you changed to fix CommonContext.xml I tried to find your change for a while last night, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Wink

Stratmangler, if I get time my plan is to make that review box not pop up if there is no review of an album. If you have an album that you want a review but the scraper doesn't find one, the only option I know of is to make an album.nfo in the album's dir. It's tedious work, but I have made about 200 album.nfo's for my favorite bands. I get mood and styles info from allmusic.com and Wiki has good info to cut and paste for a lot of singles. I keep hoping for music support in media companion.

Here's the stuff I put in my Album.nfo's just cut this out and use it for a template for your own:

<album>
<artist> band</artist>
<genre>genre</genre>
<year>year</year>
<rating>rating</rating>
<label>record label</label>
<review>reviw (here's the important one)</review>
<mood>mood1</mood>
<mood>mood2</mood>
<mood>mood etc</mood>
<style>style1</style>
<style>style2</style>
<style>style etc</style>
<theme>theme1</theme>
<theme>theme2</theme>
<theme>theme etc</theme>
</album>

Pete.
This might sound like an out-there idea, but why not add Amazon.com as a scraper? They have reviews for everything!

Do you think it would be possible to ZIP all your NFOs so I could add them in case we have similar music tastes? Smile
Sorry about that.. I looked at Strats post this morning and was like.. What popup??

Here's what I did, applied to your file..

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymjm2vimyj1

The first listitem.thumb in the focusedlayout only had song container.. I added artist and album to it and that did the trick.. Which I would think it shouldn't have worked to begin with, but whatever.. it works now.. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Now Playing Tab Mod0