Restart XBMC On Crash
I currently start XBMC from the command line as per Olympia's guide, but I used to run the live version, I would really like to know how to set my system up such that when XBMC crashes out that it automatically restarts.

I know this is possible because the live version does it, I just do not have the linux knowledge to understand or replicate the process.

Cheers
just add logout command after startx -- -br in .bash_profile file

Code:
if [ -z "$DISPLAY" ] && [ $(tty) == /dev/tty2 ]; then

startx -- -br
logout
fi
If that won't work for you due to not wanting to restart some other apps or something along those lines. There should be several examples here in the forums of adding a loop to the script to restart XBMC based on return code.
I did have a search but couldn't find much, even with the help of google, that said I could well have been looking for the wrong thing.

Anyone care to post some links for me ? In the meantime I will keep on searching, I guess it would be better if the other apps didn't also restart.
Try this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=233...stcount=19
That's close but it doesn't let me manually quit it like xbmclive does, now when I choose quit xbmc from the shutdown menu it quits for a second then starts back up again.

I really appreciate the help I have been given so far, just want to try and mirror the usefulness of the restart on crash feature that xbmclive seems to have.
Which is why you need to check the return status.
I've found the script from XBMCLive but not entirely sure how to run it, its the runXBMC.sh script for anyone interested !?

Using olympia's guide, I'm not all that sure where abouts I would need to call runXBMC from ?

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restart XBMC On Crash0