• 8(current)
03-04 SVN rev18221 - Issues
No, is not a bug high CPU usage. Old Build also uses 100% in TV Show and no problemo.

MediaStream runs good on the xbox but you have to control it slower. Give your xbox the time !!!
If you use a harmony you already slowing down your scrolling speed.

Problems starts if you do several things together like music playing and scrolling in your movie library.(Fanart won't show)

Those problems all have to do with your memory.
MediaStream gets everything out of your xbox and if you want you can go easily over the edge.
It's the art not going over there.

That's why I had to loose the custom background folders but have weather fanart running great.

xbs08 Wrote:wow!
isn't animated media preview a xbox killer?

Not for me and it's even the most lite view I can create and like the view also.

Btw I do not run a MediaStream mod. But did set LITE of course.
This is in Rev18902 Compiled 25 March

OK in the newest revision i noticed that the memory consumption is only 2mbs out from the older revisions this is good and i have had no problems with the memory touch wood but that damn fanart problem is still there where you watch a film or exit out of one and the fanart take like 15 to 20 seconds to load for any film now there is nothing that i can see in the log apart from this but i don't know what this means also i have a video of it in action so i may upload this to youtube and post it here though i talk shit in it lol also the CPU in TV Shows and Movies is 100% constant not not sure if this will effect fanart from loading but in the older revisions 16903 and lower the CPU usages was 60% sitting there and 91% scrolling fast..

Log this always appears. Full Log Youtube Video
Code:
00:26:24 M: 95621120   DEBUG: DIRECTORY::CSMBDirectory::OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://Johns-PC/Media/Videos/Movies
00:26:26 M: 94633984   DEBUG: DIRECTORY::CSMBDirectory::OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://Johns-PC/Media/Videos/Movies
00:26:31 M: 92147712   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: Q:\system\ImageLib.dll)
00:26:40 M: 92938240   DEBUG: Initializing FS_SEG..
00:26:40 M: 92938240   DEBUG: FS segment @ 0x130dc20
00:26:40 M: 91865088   DEBUG: Dll MSVCP71.dll was not found in path
00:26:40 M: 91865088   DEBUG: Unable to load referenced dll MSVCP71.dll - Dll: Q:\system\ImageLib.dll
00:26:41 M: 88231936   DEBUG: PICTURE: loaded image and created texture. height: 540, width: 960
now i cant see anything in the log as to why its taking so long.

this is the only thing stopping me from upgrading now as its the main entertainment system so it has to look great or there's no point.
Rev 18923
Backgrounds on MediaPreview (MS Lite) dont load, fanart loads but isn't visible.
It's noticeble that the fanart loads as memory drops and xbmc slows down but you dont see anything beside a black background.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Waffa Wrote:In tv shows my cpu = 100% very high but this is also with build r17349 and that build works fine for me.

If you want a more CPU-friendly version of MediaStream try one earlier than 0.95. They changed some code at that point which caused the CPU on Xbox to blow up.

Alternatively, try Minimalko's mod which is based on 0.95 and has lower CPU usage.

There are links to low-memory versions of these (with lower res graphics) on the Mediastream sub-forum.
Have no problems with my CPU it's high only in that view and everything works fine in r17349.
Actually,MS(lite) v1.0 runs smoother for me than the mod.
Ok I compiled the new revision with the tuxbox fix this fixes the constant 100% CPU and also part of the long loading fanart as it now takes about 9 seconds to load after a video insead of 18+ seconds so what ever you done worked a bit.

Please not am on my iPhone so there may be mistakes.

OK Update i know now what its doing say you have 300+ films or more when you watch one of the higher numbered ones say film number 260 when you exit that film XBMC then loads ever fanart image going from 1 to 300+ this take some time but in older revisions this dint happen so am guessing this is a new thing.
Need a new up2date debug log...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
arnova Wrote:Need a new up2date debug log...

Thank you New Log played film number 374 takes 11 seconds to load fanart after i close the film.
Weird, unfortunately there isn't much info there that gives me a clue about the cause of it. Please create a trac bugreport about the issue and it would help a lot if you could figure out the last (SVN) version that didn't have this problem....
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
arnova Wrote:Weird, unfortunately there isn't much info there that gives me a clue about the cause of it. Please create a trac bugreport about the issue and it would help a lot if you could figure out the last (SVN) version that didn't have this problem....

Ok done hope this is OK
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6284
Here is a log with 19325 running out of memory.

http://pastebin.com/m2564391d

Code:
20:58:53 M:  2224128  SEVERE: DLL: Q:\system\ImageLib.dll : malloc failed, crash imminent (Out of memory requesting 5598760 bytes)
20:58:53 M:  2224128   DEBUG:   msg: PICTURE::SaveThumb: Unable to resample picture: Error:CxImage::Create can't allocate memory
20:58:53 M:  2224128   DEBUG:   msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to resample picture: smb://HALO-NV1/media/Pictures/69.iplay.jpg
20:58:53 M: 14528512   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image smb://HALO-NV1/media/Pictures/69.iplay.jpg
20:58:53 M: 14528512   DEBUG: We have an error loading a picture!
20:58:53 M: 14528512   ERROR: Error loading the next image smb://HALO-NV1/media/Pictures/69.iplay.jpg
OK the new Head Revision 19385 still has the problem with fanart but now the thumbs has been sucked in lol but its partially fixed as it only take about 5 seconds for both to appear but its still there.

Also I test this by going to the last film in my collection 377.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
03-04 SVN rev18221 - Issues0