• 4(current)
03-04 SVN rev18221 - Issues
google for "nightly builds xbmc" Wink

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
tetsuo55 Wrote:We will need a build to test after the merge, if anyone can get the message to T3CH he can release a extra build

She probably wont do a build if you keep calling her he! Laugh
She's a She??

Awesome
Well the bug has been closed and Arnova's commit seems to have been delayed.

I just wanted to point out that the following 3 commits should help the memory problems:

I built a new build to day Revision 18422 the new linux merge that is meant to fix or help with the memory problem.

This does help a little but doing the same test as before using mediastream skin lite version and going to media preview fanart disabled i have 76mbs left out of 128 stuff stops loading like the skin overlays.

you may see its caching fanart but its a fresh install and library that's why.

here is a debug log.
http://pastebin.com/m104da39c

Also note I am running in 720p so this has a hit on memory as well.

also when running my custom build of Revision 16903 with the same setup i have less memory 75mbs left but everything still loads strange.
here is a log from this revision
http://pastebin.com/m6671c6dc
With all that free RAM (76MB) it shouldn't happen, unless XBMC is reporting 128MB total RAM but it's only using 64MB. If this is the case "in reality" you only have 12MB of free RAM.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:With all that free RAM (76MB) it shouldn't happen, unless XBMC is reporting 128MB total RAM but it's only using 64MB. If this is the case "in reality" you only have 12MB of free RAM.

Having 128mbs of ram does nothing in XBMC it still acts like i have 64mbs i found this out after i bought the Motherboard lol i though i could have nicer skins with better textures but i was let down.

its actually less than 128mbs it round about 123/124mbs i have
the gpu can't adress the extra ram in any case.
Spiff: I was just wondering that, so you're saying it's an xbox limitation, not an XBMC for Xbox limitation. I know I've seen a lot of talk about it over the years, but never really had a clear understanding about why XBMC on Xbox couldn't use this extra RAM. It seems I remeber that some of the emulators utilize this extra RAM. Too bad, I've got the skills and a few scrap boards laying around. Sad

Sorry for the adding to the threadjack...
So the memory problem is not entirely solved?

it is an xbox limitation.

the emulators that make use of it make sure to not stick any textures up there (or rather, the gfx system won't even see it as available).

xbmc could make use of it but it would NOT help with the real problem - textures.
xbs08 Wrote:So the memory problem is not entirely solved?

I can confirm that as of the 18411 build the issue is NOT resolved. Will test the 1842x series when someone compiles it Smile
It should be in r18412.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6045
I hope so.. been waiting to update for a while so I can once again play my >48 samplerate flac files without issue again
If there are any problems left we need new reports on how to reproduce it + debug logs....
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
03-04 SVN rev18221 - Issues0