• 3(current)
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music
the only problem for your friend will be that the public cvs is down atm.
you can grab the latest sourcecode here --> http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/files/xbmc...-08-04.rar
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
just compiled the latest cvs source and tried out the cdg plugin is i must say that i love it!! all we need now is microphone or communicator support!!
argh, just need to be more patient ^__^

woot :d thx!
cdg player is very good. frooze up on me a couple times. esspiecally during image heavy cdgs. also i noticed that if you go from one song and try to play another one while the other is playing.. the xbox freezes :/
Quote:frooze up on me a couple times. esspiecally during image heavy cdgs.
it is possible that it doesn't read correctly cdgs with scrolling commands cause i don't have any and couldn't test that part of the code. however it should display a garbled screen at worst and not crash. can you tell me more about the crash?
was the image supposed to scroll before it crashed? does it occur always at the same time for a certain cdg? is it at the beginning of playback or at the end?
Quote:also i noticed that if you go from one song and try to play another one while the other is playing.. the xbox freezes :/
if you can select another song then i assume you're in the music files listing and this means the visualisation is inexistent ( the vis is created and destroyed with the x button) so i don't think that can be a problem with this vis.
try the same with another vis to see if it still crashes.
the ones which were image heavy were using scrolling for its intro. if you would like that cdg just pm me on irc.

i tried the massive button pressing when it freezes Shocked .. next time ill try to do the x trickand wait. i dont know why but i think it was just a freak freeze on the acutal music thing.

i love this better than burning cdgs which is a massive bitch. rock on. :kickass:

the .cdg with scrolling at the beginning. acdc-backinblack it plays about 1/9th of the time
Star 
hey stcogoli, did you get your xbox communicator yet? :d
Quote:i tried the massive button pressing when it freezes  .. next time ill try to do the x trickand wait. i dont know why but i think it was just a freak freeze on the acutal music thing.
i tested it and wasn't able to freeze it the way you described. how often does it occur? keep me posted if it freezes again (on a non-scrolling cdg). in the meatime, i will try to fix the scrolling.
Quote:hey stcogoli, did you get your xbox communicator yet?
nope, should get it soon but it will take some time to implement. will post progress but dont hold your breath... Smile
mracer, it turns out the acdc crash wasn't caused by the scrolling. the cdg display size is 300x216 but this cdg contains one subcode that tries to write past 216. i have added more robust boundschecking and it doesn't crash anymore. i think this cdg got corrupted when extracted from the audio cd because there is one writing command which seems to be missing from the stream,( i.e. the white square at the bottom of the intro screen is probably the subcode which got corrupted and is now ignored by the parser).

this allowed me to test the scrolling code anyway and it turns out it was buggy. so i fixed the scrolling and also it now uses the overscan settings for video playback so you can now pan and scan the display instead of using a default hardcoded value.

i have uploaded these changes to sourceforge but they have closed my patch now that it's in the cvs so i don't know if it's available to others. can anybody tell me how i can modify my patch once it's been closed?
(stcogoli @ aug. 18 2004,21:08 Wrote:i have uploaded these changes to sourceforge but they have closed my patch now that it's in the cvs so i don't know if it's available to others. can anybody tell me how i can modify my patch once it's been closed?
make/upload a new patch Huh
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
Quote:make/upload a new patch
i know... i dunno much about cvs. Confused  what confused me was that i could still access my closed patch so i didn't know if others could acess it too. i'll create a new patch for these new modifs.
stcogoli: would it be possible to change resolution when no cd-g file is found? - so that the skinners might come up with an alternative to the current picture...

great job btw...
i reopened the patch with your addition. Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
:bowdown: you are my hero. now if i can find someone with an organizer for all my cdgs
thanks to hullebulle for reopening the patch and mracer for your feedback. Wink
Quote:would it be possible to change resolution when no cd-g file is found? - so that the skinners might come up with an alternative to the current picture...
if you want to change the logo, create a 512x256 canvas, paste a 300x216 image in its top left corner and overwrite xaraokelogo.png in the vis folder. i'm not sure i'll change the code to support a more standard picture format cause i was just thinking that it might be more practical to just do away with it and popup a messagebox stating which file was not found. this would leave the user in the file listing rather than displaying a somewhat useless vis. but if you think i should keep the splash screen, tell me and i could make it a switchable property in the settings file.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music0