Can I add background music to XBMC?
Hello.

Is it possible to have a background soundtrack running in XBMC?

Like a soothing soundtrack that runs in a loop, while my Xbox is just idling in the main screen or are in screensaver mode?

Thanks in advance
Daniel
What a fantastic idea !
script it
There are scripts that load a playlist on start-up, maybe that would do it for you.
Cool. I'll try it. By the way, i've been looking around the different script sites for XBMC and found nothing of the sort i need. Got a clue as to where i could find this script?

Seems almost impossible to find such a specific script!

Thanks!!
"Enable playlist at startup"Is an Feature of PM3 (HD).

Settins / skin settings / general / Enable playlist at startup.
Yep..your right. I see the feature. But im running Mark III and dont see that feature..do i have any other options? Can i enable the feature with a command line or something?

I'm no nerd at this...but right now i wish i was!

Smile
You can do a lot of stuff with your keymap.xml

List of Built In Functions.

See for example this post.
Cool.. thanks. I'll play around with this a bit.
Is it possible to take this auto playlist feature in PM3 HD and copy it to any other skin?
In the link below, i found the function: "PlayMedia(media)"

But how do i implement it in my skin, in order to make it run a playlist at startup?
I cant find the file Util.cpp anywhere. So where can i find more information about this? Should i just give up if i dont know any programming languages?

List of build in functions

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
you just stick it as a onclick on the control in question.

<onclick>Playmedia(media)</onclick>

no reason to read the cpp code unless you want to
how would i go into music party mode at start up?
playercontrol(partymode)
Spiff.. thanks for your reply. but i dident understand your previous thread.. im not a developer..so please explain in plain english how i could add music at the startup of my skin. I am using Mark III if that matters.!

If you cant explain it to me, then where would you recommend i could read about it at a beginners level?
Been at every script/plugin webpage for Xbox.. and none of them had what i needed.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I add background music to XBMC?0