Off-topic and HW forums?
I waited a while to ask this, thinking I'm just crazy, but what has become of the off-topic and hardware forums?

I know they aren't strictly XBMC related, but there is some useful info in there, and sometimes it's nice to run off-topic things by the community that you feel comfortable with.

-Wes
Did I miss something?

Was there an announcement made about this that I didn't see?

All I know is that one day these forums were gone, without any sort of announcement or fanfare.

Are the old topics still search-able somewhere, even if they're not post-able?
I am curious of the same thing. One day a few weeks ago I had a HORRIBLE day, when I went to vent a little on the off-topic forums there was nothing. I never heard any kind of announcement, it just disappeared:mad:. I would like to see it come back cause every once in a while I go a little off topic.
I noticed alot of spam was posted there (in OFFTOPIC) by spambots (how sweet of them)
So I made the decision to hide them from public, to see if it made a difference. Jury is still out on that one. Also we (the team) don't feel like OFFTOPIC subforums is importart
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the info.

Certainly not "important", and I wouldn't want you guys to have to spend a bunch of time moderating it.

I guess the reason I like it is that once you get comfortable with a community (like this one) you like to run your thoughts by that community rather than going elsewhere.

Anyway, I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine. Just wanted to know what's up.

Thanks,

-Wes

PS Spammers suck
i only check ping 2times 1: 11262 / 2: 11768 why so big pingHuh Downloading games and i love hardcore mode i have great fun when i flying whit that ping its really hard to kill something Tongue
But i see noone likes hard games

Better have ping 10000ms sometimes than 2k all the time
whata bullshit i wrote heheh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Off-topic and HW forums?1