Is there a command to get a bookmark with one Button?
Sometimes I want to set a bookmark while I am watching a movie. Yes, I know the way though the video osd to make this happen. But it's anoying (menu->Bookmarks->make a bookmark->exit->exit: five klicks to get the BM and to go on with the movie) Is there an one klick solution via the keymapping? I searched my eyes of but couldn't find a command, that would do this. If someone knows this, please let me know.
i see the documentation isn't up to date.

use action(<buttonid>,<windowid>)
spiff Wrote:i see the documentation isn't up to date.

use action(<buttonid>,<windowid>)

Hey, cool. Thanx a lot for the quick respond. Is it like this or do I have to put there an actuall number for the ButtonID and windowID? And if, which is it?
yes you need to replace those with the real id's. see the skin DialogVideoBookmarks.xml or something along that. sorry i can't be arsed to do the diggin' for you
spiff Wrote:yes you need to replace those with the real id's. see the skin DialogVideoBookmarks.xml or something along that. sorry i can't be arsed to do the diggin' for you

superb. Thanx for the Heads up. I'll find my way from here.
First, thanks for this post. I was lost as to what the next step was until I found it.

I was able to set a bookmark at the press of a single key by using a Python script. Pressing the designated key executes the Python script, which runs steps to set the bookmark. I'm sure there's a way to simplify this or make it more efficient, but it worked for me.

1. I created the Python script (I called it set_bookmark.py). When you're playing video, it opens the Bookmarks window, clicks the Create Bookmark button, then closes the Bookmarks window.
Quote:import xbmc, xbmcgui

xbmc.executebuiltin('xbmc.ActivateWindow(videobookmarks)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('SendClick(10125,2)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('xbmc.action(previousmenu)')

I saved it in C:\

2. I modified the keyboard.xml file to set a key to launch Python script.
I added this line
Quote:<e>RunScript(C:\set_bookmark.py)</e>
to the section
Quote:<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a command to get a bookmark with one Button?0