[XBOX] View As option in File Manager
Question 
While using File manager to go through folders in my hard drive on my xbox, I realized it would be great to change the view on a specific folder or file from "file manager" to "video" or "pictures" or "music", primarily i have folders with images that I want to view on the fly as a slideshow or as thumbs but i dont want to add it as a source to my "pictures" area of xbmc. I know there is a "switch mode" option in file manager but this just takes me to that area of xbmc, it does not use the content i currently have selected in file manager, what i want to be able to do is go to a folder in file manager hit a button and choose an option equivalent to "view as pictures" when this option is chosen the file manager switches to picture mode with the folder i selected as the source and giving me all the options normally found in pictures mode (slideshow etc...), a toggle button to go back to file manager mode would be great. If this already exists please point me to it (ive extensively searched and found nothing), if not then i think it should be added as its a valuable feature for viewing content without adding it as a source and keeping it out of the library. As a final option links to development pages would guide me to build this myself and offer it to the community if it is not already out there or something of equivalent functionality.

Thanks in advance.
It's not in place.

It's non-trivial to implement. See GUIWindowFileManager.cpp and compare with GUIWindowPictures.cpp (base class is in GUIMediaWindow.cpp)

The "action" functionality is in GUIWindowPictures.cpp.

The view side of it is in the base class.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] View As option in File Manager0