Setting up XBMC Live on Shuttle SG33G5
Hi there,

I've installed the lates XBMC Live Beta on a Shuttle SG33G5. There was no need for further driver installations or things like that...just had to unmute the SPDIF via alsamixer.
It's a SG33G5 with 2GB DDR2 800 RAM, a C2D E8400 and a 120gb SATA 2,5" HDD.
The hole system seems to work perfect (it was about time to replace my old xbox Wink ) but I have 2 little questions:

1) the onboard X3100 HDMI didn't work with my TV...dunno why, but there always was a blackscreen (i could hear sound, so the xbmc was definitely there). I'm using a PCI-Express Nvidia GForce 7300LE with 128MB and it works fine. If I was using a Geforce 9400 (for example) - would that increase the performance or wouldnt there be any difference?

2) I also have a Xbox360 and the 360 Universal MCE Remote that I want to use with XBMC. Can you tell me what IRDA USB Dongle I have to use, that I works with the 360 remote? Can I use any IRDA oder do I have to get a special one?

Thank you very much for your help,
Greetings, Jack
jacklucifer Wrote:Hi there,

I've installed the lates XBMC Live Beta on a Shuttle SG33G5. There was no need for further driver installations or things like that...just had to unmute the SPDIF via alsamixer.
It's a SG33G5 with 2GB DDR2 800 RAM, a C2D E8400 and a 120gb SATA 2,5" HDD.
The hole system seems to work perfect (it was about time to replace my old xbox Wink ) but I have 2 little questions:

1) the onboard X3100 HDMI didn't work with my TV...dunno why, but there always was a blackscreen (i could hear sound, so the xbmc was definitely there). I'm using a PCI-Express Nvidia GForce 7300LE with 128MB and it works fine. If I was using a Geforce 9400 (for example) - would that increase the performance or wouldnt there be any difference?

2) I also have a Xbox360 and the 360 Universal MCE Remote that I want to use with XBMC. Can you tell me what IRDA USB Dongle I have to use, that I works with the 360 remote? Can I use any IRDA oder do I have to get a special one?

Thank you very much for your help,
Greetings, Jack

kinda late, but i've been looking into getting an SG33G5 for an HTPC build and i've read that installing a dedicated video card disables the shuttle's onboard hdmi port.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up XBMC Live on Shuttle SG33G50