Dual Screen Problem
Question 
I run XBMC from my main computer with a ATI 4870x2 connected to both my monitor and my TV (via HDMI). I set up Catalyst to use my computer's display native 1900x1200 resolution and to use a resolution of 1920x1080 on my TV.

I have two problems, when I start XBMC (fullscreen) on my secondary display (TV) my computer's desktop changes to the resolution of my TV. When I start XBMC windowed, my computer's desktop is fine but there is a black bar of about 1cm at top of the XBMC interface on my TV.

The other problem is that I do not have interface sounds on my TV, media plays back with audio but the interface is silent. Weird thing is though that when my TV is on and on the HDMI channel and XBMC is running on my computer monitor I hear the interface sounds coming from my TV.

I have these problems from 8.10 upto the latest SVN's

Anyone any ideas on this?
kees1869 Wrote:I run XBMC from my main computer with a ATI 4870x2 connected to both my monitor and my TV (via HDMI). I set up Catalyst to use my computer's display native 1900x1200 resolution and to use a resolution of 1920x1080 on my TV.

I have two problems, when I start XBMC (fullscreen) on my secondary display (TV) my computer's desktop changes to the resolution of my TV. When I start XBMC windowed, my computer's desktop is fine but there is a black bar of about 1cm at top of the XBMC interface on my TV.

The other problem is that I do not have interface sounds on my TV, media plays back with audio but the interface is silent. Weird thing is though that when my TV is on and on the HDMI channel and XBMC is running on my computer monitor I hear the interface sounds coming from my TV.

I have these problems from 8.10 upto the latest SVN's

Anyone any ideas on this?

I have the same problem with the resolution issue(however I'm sending 800x600 to the tv with a 1024x768 desktop) and it will set the desktop to 800x600 when I maximize windowed mode on the tv. However I can just re-set the desktop resolution to the desired setting and it works fine, a slight pain but I usually leave xbmc open all the time so I don't mind much.

I'm not sure about the sound though.
benkrishman Wrote:I have the same problem with the resolution issue(however I'm sending 800x600 to the tv with a 1024x768 desktop) and it will set the desktop to 800x600 when I maximize windowed mode on the tv. However I can just re-set the desktop resolution to the desired setting and it works fine, a slight pain but I usually leave xbmc open all the time so I don't mind much.

I'm not sure about the sound though.

Do you hear 'clicks' when you move up or down the main menu? (does your audio go over hdmi?)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual Screen Problem0