Need NTSC user for "Symbol" skin testing
my latest skin is not updated to the latest xbmc release, so maybe something in the settings windows will be wrong.
anyway i'm pretty sure that without the ram there will be not connection problems.
i believe that the ram stress the connection, maybe it keep asking to smb multiple connections or multiple requests that it cannot execute. i posted the bugs on sf.
i have another problem now and i don't know if it is related to my skin or not: seems like i loose the connection almost every 3-5 minutes, sometimes it comes back on, but sometimes i have to disconnect the cable, reboot then reconnect the cable and reboot again to make it working.
i have to check my nic and cable before to say that's the skin causing it.

what a mess! :veryangry:
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
you get the access denied errors because of the ram. it trys to scan all movie shares defined in the xboxmediacenter.xml after boot of xbmc. so if you have a smb share setup in the xml that don't exist or with subfolders you don't have access to with the user you connect you will get this error.

solutions:

1 if you don't use smb at all remove all movie smb shares from the xml

2 if you use smb make sure your user has access to all subfolders of the share

or 3 remove the ram control from the skin if you don't need it
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
of course i use smb and all my shares works perfectly if i don't use the ram,.
i've tryed to add the ram to the mediacenter skin and it gives me the same results and the same 3 errors in the log files, so the problem is surely in the ram and not in my skin (this makes me feel a little better).
also i don't think it's a hardaware issue because many people that use my skin are experiencing the same troubles.
i would like that somebody with a sure and perfectly working connection, try out my skin and tell me if he have those problems or not.

anyway it looks to me that with the latest releases of xbmc the problems show up less frequently then using xbmc 1.0.
did anything change in the smb? the connection seems faster now.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
i've finished the ntsc vers of the skin:
http://www.xbox-skins.net/index.php?download=1786
i hope somebody test it and report me the bug list.
cheers.
looks good.
the only overscan issue i see is the underline (texturefocus) on the "select view" button in my music/my videos.
it is all the way on the bottom of the screen and kinda hard to see.

perhaps highlighting the text when selected would would better?
kotix

up and running now with your skin.
happy to confirm it is compatible with a pal 16:9 running the 17 july cvs. no problems at all with this skin

by the way what does the web radio button do. i have it but when i press it nothing happens

m
what version are you using? i took off that button in the 1.4 version and left the script button in place of it.
anyway to run the web radio you need python and the "symplekml.py" script and of course a shared internet connection.
kotix,

i downloaded and used version 1.3 (just before you posted 1.4).

is it worth upgrading ? and where can i get the python webradio script ?

your 1.3 version (using your instructions) is fine with xbmc 17 july 04 cvs build

m
upgrading to 1.4 you'll have the buttons in the settings windows for the filters etc that has been added in latest cvs.
you can find python and scripts here:
http://dwl.xboxmediacenter.de/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need NTSC user for "Symbol" skin testing0