[RELEASE] T3CH Upgrader v1.8 for Xbox
Hi BBB,

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you. I just had a go at updating from T3CH 2009-03-04 rev 18221 to the latest 2009-04-04 rev 19213.

I added the "web" folder to the list of copy data (which has some extra folders to the T3CH release) to show how it looks different (special://...) see includes file below. Anyway as before it didn't like the special:// file location. If i manually edit the includes back to "web\" it works.

includes.txt

Debug log below showing the problem below - see funny file location in line 593
Debug log

hope this helps,

Cromity
Just attempted to install t3ch_20090423 using the script. Download occurs just fine. During the install phase it gives the following message "Extraction path does not exist! Retry. E:\apps\T3CH_20090423". Tried creating the path manually through the filemanager before executing the script, but this doesn't help. Anyone else have this situation? Thanks.
not without a log file. - but most likely that the filesystem didn't report back that the extraction folder has been created in time. - just reboot and retry.

cromity123: I've found that bug its fixed.
Retired from Add-on dev
I am having the exact same problem as tarbush going from 20090404 build to 20090423 build. I have reset several times and I still get the error. I was getting not enough memory errors during the initial install. I had to reboot twice before that would go through.

When I try to install from the downloaded rar, it says the extraction completed. Then it says it is Checking for path, new path exists? false, new xbe exists? false. Also while it is checking it counts up like x/40 until it gets to 40/40 and then it give the extraction path does not exist error.
I was getting not enough memory errors

Then you need to switch to a lower mem usage rez (ie NTSC 4:3) . extraction need typically 30mb ish to work properly

The count is it looping until it can 'see' several folders and files that it checks for. If at the end of 40 repeated checks it aborts the installation as its assumed the unpack hasnt worked.

This script behaviour hasn't changed for sometime. but i'll double check everythings ok with latest T3CH archive.
Retired from Add-on dev
I am using the default theme and have it at NTSC 4:3. Before the script starts I have 43 MB of RAM according to system info. The log indicates 33 MB of RAM. In the log it shows everything extracting except for these errors:

15:07:34 M: 29777920 NOTICE: [T3CH Upgrader]: E:\Apps\T3CH_20090423\XBMC\UserData False
15:07:34 M: 29777920 NOTICE: [T3CH Upgrader]: checkCount=0 isPath=False isFile=False

They show up through out the extraction and then a bunch at the end. That is the path that is failing 40 times.

I just did a clean install of everything because my hard drive failed. I used Auto Installer Deluxe and it puts XBMC in E:/XBMC. Could this be causing problems some how?

Here is a link to my whole log if that can help: http://pastebin.com/f29b44dce
I think I have figured out the problem. I have never looked into one of the t3ch rar files but it seems this one is organized differently and that is throwing the upgrader off. In my log I saw this line:

15:08:09 M: 29696000 NOTICE: fatxq: E:\Apps\T3CH_20090423\XBMC-SVN_2009-04-23_rev19585-T3CH-9.04-BETA1\XBMC\UserData\ -> E:\Apps\T3CH_20090423\XBMC-SVN_2009-04-23_rev19585-T3CH-9.04-BET\XBMC\UserData\

But the test was checking: E:\Apps\T3CH_20090423\XBMC\UserData for the Userdata folder. So I looked instde the rar file and everything is in a folder named: XBMC-SVN_2009-04-23_rev19585-T3CH-9.04-BET. I extracted the rar on my pc and repackaged it without that top folder. So that XBMC is a top level folder in the rar file. I copied this modified rar file back over to the xbox and everything worked fine.

I don't know if this is an issue with the script or with some change on the t3ch end, but that seemed to fix my problem.

Thanks for the script. It has made maintaining my xbox a whole lot easier.
EDIT: jruss beat me to it (and said it better than i did!)

The problem is that the rar file has a slightly different structure to normal. Normally the folder structure is extracted to xbox as something like "\T3CH_20090423\XBMC\" This one ends up being extracted as "\T3CH_20090423\XBMC-SVN_2009-04-23_rev19585-T3CH-9.04-BETA1\XBMC\" because of the way the the archive was made. The script then fails because it can't find the files in the place it expects them to be.

To fix it, extract the rar to your pc, open the extracted folder and navigate to the folder containing "XBMC" and "_tools" folders, select all these files and folders and compress these with winrar to the filename of the original rar (XBMC-SVN_2009-04-23_rev19585-T3CH-9.04-BETA1).

FTP this to your xbox and use the t3ch upgrader script to upgrade and copy over your userdata etc.
jruss, that's a good catch. I was having the same issue with this last night. I'll try this when I get home.
yes, well spotted. I'll work on it and see if I can accommodate the changes.
Retired from Add-on dev
Yeah, had a problem at first, until I opened up the rar, and found that Loooong name. Moved it, renamed it to like the others, (T3CH.04232009) and moved my settings and stuff over. No biggie, at least it downloaded the rar! lol
3 solutions.

1. repack archive yourself (to remove the extra root folder)
ie. in archive repack so XBMC is at the top level, not as a sub-folder another folder)

2. recode to cope with it (my initial look into this is not good)

3. T3CH to repack as it used to be.
Retired from Add-on dev
I've now done a mod so it can cope with the extra root folder in the archive, however, it still doesn't work because the filenames extracted exceed the fatx 42 char limit.

The real solution is for T3CH to revert to the original archive structure - I've asked and am awaiting a reply.

In the meantime, repacking archive without the additional root folder, then ftp'ing it over (for a "Local Install") is the current solution.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Before I test this, are you guys saying that the current t3ch does not work properly with the t3ch upgrader?
no it won't work with the current t3ch unless you do #1 above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] T3CH Upgrader v1.8 for Xbox0