• 4(current)
XBMC not deriving watched status from .nfo files
What about reading playcount from individual nfo's? That's the main thing in my situation. I update the watched staus in Media Companion and it writes that to the respective nfo file. That way when I scan in the file on any of my machines it scans in with the correct watched status. Can that feature be put back in?
Why dont you look at doing this the XBMC native way which already does what you need?

Simply backup Userdata and you have a end to end solution
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
jmarshall Wrote:2. Individual nfo files should not save playcount information.

If we absolutely need it, then we can advancedsettings.xml number 2 above, but I don't see a valid reason for doing so at present.

The reason I see for this is that when you export as individual files, when you later on delete a movie/episode (along with its corresponding nfofile), you don't get a entry in the Db from a import.
I think(??) that when you import a big xml-file with database entrys you also get invalid entrys... or perhaps a clean library is performed after the import?
Export to big xml-file don't export thumbs/fanart, so when you import it again you don't save the time that it takes to download the thumbs/fanart again, and therefore putting load on a already overloaded(?) server.

plus.. the procedure of importing a library is more "hidden" then just "set content"/"scan for new content".
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
xexe Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Filemanager

Looks built in to me.
Yeah, that's exactly why there's an export video library function. To have users use File manager to export it for real, with all functionality.

And this is *not* criticism toward the team, which I know is working his ass out in making this program better every day. It's just that you are annoying with your "I know what you need better than you do" attitude.
ashlar Wrote:Yeah, that's exactly why there's an export video library function. To have users use File manager to export it for real, with all functionality.

And this is *not* criticism toward the team, which I know is working his ass out in making this program better every day. It's just that you are annoying with your "I know what you need better than you do" attitude.

Annoying is saying it politely. This dude thinks his ways are the only ways. His signature sums it all up Rolleyes
Why not do it like this? When importing through a .nfo or exporting the library just have the flags like this:

<watched>1</watched> for single user systems

or

<watched>xexe</watched><watched>ashlar</watched>

That way in xexe and ashlar's shared movie collection, they can both mark it as watched, but if smcnally75 were to import it in his library it would be untouched?

Desperately trying to throw a solution in here, because at some point in the future I'm going to be moving my collection from the hard drives in my HTPC to a NAS, and I don't want to set thousands of watched/unwatched flags!!!!
or: <playcount user="someuser">3</playcount>

Sorry for contributing to a zombie thread.... just wanted to throw that out there.
_______________Ember Media Manager_______________
Website | Download | Report Issues/Feature Requests | Donate

______________Show Your Appreciation______________
Donate to XBMC | Donate to TMDB | Donate to theTVDB
Aw hell... just installed a SVN build, probably the wrong way, and it rescraped my entire TV library... just lost all my watched flags...

Sad

There needs to be some way to save watched/unwatched status!

EDIT - Nevermind, looks like it was actually just looking in the C:\program files\xbmc\userdata instead of the one in the application data.. but still, there needs to be a way to import/export watched status... even if only an advancedsettings xml option that end users could never turn on...
For example, I just got a 1.5 TB hard drive to replace two different 500 GB HD's...

But when I move the movies and rebuild my library, I'm going to lose the watched status...
Sorry to make an old thread alive, but I'm still uncertain what the conclusion of this discussion is. My question is, are there no way of adding the "watched" status to XBMC via .nfo files? If yes, how?
Well, I realized that you can use the "W" key to set watched status instead of pulling up the context menu... saves like 6 keypresses, which adds up for 1000+ movies Tongue
clock2113 Wrote:Well, I realized that you can use the "W" key to set watched status instead of pulling up the context menu... saves like 6 keypresses, which adds up for 1000+ movies Tongue

That's a good tipSmile

Do you happen to know the shortcut for "Movie Information" as well?Smile
Check the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml and learn how to assign the Info action to the key you prefer.
Looks like an interesting development: http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/30969

Should allow for import/export of watched status...

Now we just need tools (eg Ember) to support this NFO field and management and survical of 'watched' across versions etc whould be pretty good (and especially so if the library gets divorced from path names and is tied to hashes or something)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Hooray!!! Tongue Big Grin
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not deriving watched status from .nfo files0