• 1(current)
[MOD] Aeon Stark Lite (Xbox Friendly) Here & Now
Update 31st March 09

Aeon Stark Lite V0.3

OK if youv been reading this thread you no why there are a few versions but heres a simple lowdown

after many hours testing no matter how much smaller i make the textures/xpr the video playback issue is still a problem. this is due to fanart and general skin structure causing high memory usage by the time you go through the menus to your videos. also any custom backdrops SHOULD BE jpgs (if you downsize all backdrops and fanart to 960x540 you may get away with using fanart) so until a coder comes and cleans up the xmls and remove some animations etc this is as far as i can take it as im a graphic designer not a coder

i also recomend switching off unnessary features in skin settings like zoom animations and media flags etc, and also features in the main system settings like upnp server etc.

the 720p versions are mainley for appletv users to try. (PLEASE dont ask for support on appletv here as i know nothing about it. this is a xbox friendley mod)

PS music fanart seems to be alreight to use

SD.xpr version - for xbox and appletv users - http://www.mediafire.com/?ttdnwwtmlju (please remember to rename to textures.xpr)

720p.xpr version - for appletv users and (possibly xbox users) - http://www.mediafire.com/?nmjz5nyzxw3 (please remember to rename to textures.xpr)

720p unpacked - for appletv users and (possibly xbox users) - http://www.mediafire.com/?zd3mwqmund0

INSTRUCTIONS! if you downloaded the SD.xpr or 720p.xpr simply delete all files and folders from the aeon stark media directory and replace with this 1 file and rename it as textures.xpr

INSTRUCTIONS! if you downloaded the 720p unpacked simply delete the media folder from aeon stark and replace with the one found in this rar file

and remember resize backdrops and fanart to (960x540 jpgs)
Thx Big Grin

You're my hero ^^
Thank you!

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Thanks Man :-)
D/l link isn't working :O Is it still uploading?
So...

Just for clarification so I don't nuke my XBox...

The modification to the file structure noted in this thread is clear.

The OSD correction for music - the xml file replaces the file of the same name?

After making both file changes, put the whole "Aeon Stark" folder in the skins directory on the XBox?
updated first post
D/L isn't working....

Edit: Working now. Thanks!!
Darth Meatloaf Wrote:So...

Just for clarification so I don't nuke my XBox...

The modification to the file structure noted in this thread is clear.

The OSD correction for music - the xml file replaces the file of the same name?

After making both file changes, put the whole "Aeon Stark" folder in the skins directory on the XBox?

yeah that correct
reight, better get some food down me or il waste away.

ill update tomorrow and try and sort out the memory/video playing issue.
OK.... downloaded and ftp'd. I deleted ALL files and folders in media, but I get now backgrounds at all..... am I doing something wrong... also where is the power option?
Anyone tried on ATV yet?
-aedile-
rudeboyx you're a great man !!
tytherman Wrote:OK.... downloaded and ftp'd. I deleted ALL files and folders in media, but I get now backgrounds at all..... am I doing something wrong... also where is the power option?

make sure you backgrounds are in jpg format as the smaller the file size the less memory it uses as for the shutdown option enable in customization-shortcuts or click right stick in on xbox controller
thanks.... found the shutdown, could not see it in settings until I put a background for settings! ;-)

I was expecting to see the new default backgrounds! still have some playing around as it seems ok excepting I have NO border on the menu on home page making it impossible to read on most backgrounds.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Stark Lite (Xbox Friendly) Here & Now3